Dr. Maria Chen Is this you?

Neutral

Have you seen Dr. Maria Chen?

June 9th, 2015

dissappointed and lost trust

I had read a review, where a father was complaining about how his input meaned nothing to Dr. Chen and it was only the mother she was interested in. Well after 4 years of seeing her, I now understand. I'm currently separated from my wife and we are sharing custody. My son began to feel ill, so I took him in to see. I felt that the issue was more then was diagnosed. Sure enough my wife takes him in the following week and was told by Dr. Chen that I did not provide her with the correct information to make the proper diagnoses. Now my wife and my be separated and we have issues that don't involve the children, so as far as that goes we are getting along fine and on the same page. Dr. Chen lied to my wife, I described it perfectly the same as mom did. My wife wants to continue there, because she's writing it off as a misunderstanding. After other reviews that I've read, I don't think it is.

July 23rd, 2013

Spare yourself

Chen is very condescending and distant. She never calls the parent by name, refers to the adults as mom or dad. In fact, the entire office practices this very unprofessional habit. She isn't patient, and doesn't handle when the parents area as educated as she is. It takes months to schedule an appointment if your child is well. She never folows up. Spare yourself the agony and find another office for your children.

July 10th, 2013

Dad is a parent too

I feel Dr. Chen treats me (Dad) differently than my wife (mom). I feel that I am not taken as serious as mom and feel like she talks down to me, like I'm beneath her. She miss diagnosed my son when I took him in without the wife. The issue worsened and wasn't diagnosed correctly until we went back almost a week later. Dr. Chen said I had not told her the correct symptoms. I asked to see the chart from last visit and she couldn't or wouldn't show it to us. I can tell you I explained the situation just as my wife had, We love CHKD, but we will no longer be seeing Dr. Chen.

February 19th, 2013

Dr. Chen is the best!

One thing we love about Dr. Chen is the fact that she has a very calming personality. She is very respectful of the feelings of both the parents and her patients. My kids have been seeing her for over 13 years and we would not change pediatricians for the world.

June 13th, 2012

Watch your back

Amazing anything like this could even happen now a days. Dr. Chen engaged in a secret medical trial behind the back of a father that had legal medical rights to make decisions in a child's health care. She made a diagnosis with out having all the facts in the case. This went on for 7 months with mom. As you may tell we are divorced and she took the side of mom over any thoughts of dad. And continue a treatment that benefits mom and not benefiting the child

January 30th, 2017