Dr. Maria Childs MD Patient Reviews

August 10th, 2013
Worth the wait
Dr. Childs was very kind and a great help. The first to really help me with my problem. The office was behind but when she came in she took time to explain everything and to answer my questions. I would recommend her to my family or friends. I read some reviews and I think people rate doctors like fast food, ie how long to get thru etc. give me a break people it is your health !

October 17th, 2011
Very good doctor. But her reception staff acts unprofessional. She isn't really set up for older patients as she doesn't accept medicare. But her office is by far the best in town.

September 14th, 2011
I have seen both Drs. Childs (husband and wife practice in the same office) and have found them to be very professional, caring and willing to spend time discussing my issues. I had minor surgery done in the office by Dr. Maria and was very satisfied with the results (except they didn't clean up the wound before I left the office - I ran into a friend in the hall who thought I'd been in an accident).

June 4th, 2011
Rushed and NOT a problem solver
Getting an appointment with Dr. Childs was easy and wonderful because of her office staff. They are personable, caring, and take great care of the patients. In the office, Dr. Childs was over an hour behind schedule with no acknowledgement of my waiting time. She quickly looked at my chart and answered any questions or concerns with "I can write a prescription for that." As a patient, I was searching for answers and causes of the symptoms that I was having; not a mask of the symptoms. Only when I probed with deeper questions did she stop and look at me and speak TO me. Still the answers were peripheral. The cancer screening was quick, and I sense that it was lacking. The following week, a technician identified a black spot on my face with the recommendation that I see a dermatologist. Dang. She missed that spot, and I am only left to wonder what else was missed. Overall, very rushed, very impersonal with the impression that she serves to mask problems, not solve them. I will not return, nor will I recommend her services to others.