Get the facts about lung cancer, including how many people get it and what increases your risk for developing it.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Lung Cancer Get lung cancer facts, including risk for developing it.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Adult Asthma Facts for adult asthma, including triggers & how allergies affect it.
- Allergic Asthma Facts about allergic asthma; who gets it & the most common symptoms.
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- COPD The facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD).
- Cystic Fibrosis Facts about cystic fibrosis, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Maria Dowell
Dr. Maria Dowell, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Chicago, IL, with other offices in Palos Heights, IL and Burr Ridge, IL. She has 21 years of experience. Her specialties include Pediatric Pulmonology, Pediatrics, Pulmonary Disease and Internal Medicine. Dr. Dowell is affiliated with University of Illinois Hospital, Presence St Joseph Medical Center and University of Chicago Medical Center. She speaks English.
Dr. Maria Dowell has the following 4 specialties
- Pediatric Pulmonology
A pediatric pulmonologist is the go-to resource for children who need treatment for any kind of breathing issue or lung disease. If your child coughs up blood, has a cough that isn’t going away, or displays other symptoms such as trouble breathing,...
A pediatrician is a doctor who specializes in the regular care of children, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of illness in children. Young patients are often more complicated to treat because they are still growing and developing.
- Pulmonary Disease
A pulmonologist is a physician who specializes in the diagnosis and treatment of conditions related to the lungs and respiratory tract.
These specialists are similar to critical care specialists in that their patients often require mechanical...
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad...
Dr. Maria Dowell is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Chicago, IL.
Dr. Shanika Samarasinghe
Endocrinology, Diabetes and Metabolism, Internal Medicine
Chicago, IL 0 mi16
Dr. Sope Olugbile
Internal Medicine, Residency
Chicago, IL 0 mi
Dr. Mardi Gomberg-Maitland
Cardiovascular Disease, Internal Medicine
Chicago, IL 0 mi21