Dr. Maria Evangelista Is this you?

Neutral

Have you seen Dr. Maria Evangelista?

January 2nd, 2017

Dismissive, rushed, no bedside manner

I love the South Bend Clinic, and have never had a bad experience with any of the staff, doctors, or nurses there, except with Dr. Evangelista. She has consistently been dismissive of any concerns I have about my health, always rushes through appointments, and generally acts as if she doesn't care and doesn't want to be there. The first time I saw her, I was receiving my annual Pap smear and told her I thought I had a yeast infection due to increased discharge. She asked me if I was having any itching, and because I wasn't, she said it couldn't be a yeast infection and never bothered to check to see if there might be any other issue causing the change in discharge. I also told her that my previous gynecologist recommended I start having mammograms despite being younger than the recommended age because my sister died of breast cancer at the age of 36 less than a year after diagnosis. She told me she would not send me for a mammogram until the recommended age, or maybe 1 or 2 years before. Ended up seeing my primary care physician who agreed that it was time for me to start getting mammograms due to my family history. I'm now seeing Dr. Evangelista for pregnancy; she has not once asked me how I'm feeling, or if I have any questions or concerns. She basically just runs through her to-do list as quickly as possible, and has no personality or interest in her patients. Trying to make conversation with her is pointless. Horrible experience with her compared to my precious doctor who delivered my first two children. I will not be going back to see her.

June 24th, 2016

This past weekend I gave birth to my daughter at Memorial. Dr. Evangelista was the dr on shift while we were there. This doctor was extremely rude and had the worst bedside manner of any doctor I've ever seen. When checking me for dilation, she was very rough and didn't bother explaining what she was doing. She went on to tell me how I was "hysterical" and needed to calm down. She also insisted that I get an epidural even after I told her I didn't intend on getting one. You do not want this dr.

March 16th, 2016

Upset patient

Dr performed a procedure on me that was very personable at which during the procedure seemed to be in a hurry and in being so burned me with a cartarization tool during procedure 4 weeks later seen me for follow up then a week later dismissed me from her office therefore not being able to see any other obgyn at that location for a MISTAKE she made

October 12th, 2015

Poor bedside manner

This doctor has very poor bedside manner. She did not make me feel comfortable and talked to me condescendingly. I would not recommend her to anyone.

September 22nd, 2015

Will never go back there

December 1st, 2013

Awful!!!

Dr. Evangelista didn't listen to my medical needs. I was pregnant( 8 weeks ) and I went to her office. I told her I felt as something was wrong and she said everything is fine. 2 weeks later I went to her office again and I thought I had a ultrasound scheduled. She said the room was booked. She did a pelvic exam and said your uterus feels 10 weeks. I explained again I feel something is wrong, I had to wait 4 days to get an ultrasound to find out the baby died at 8 weeks. She passed me to a different doctor to help me with the treatment. She never said sorry for your loss. I just found out I am pregnant again and I will not be seeing her.

October 11th, 2012

HORRIBLE

She didn't care about my birthing plan wishes at all! Tried getting me to a schedule a c section, when it was totally avoidable! She is rude, insensitive, and doens't appear to even like babies!!! I would never recommend her!

March 27th, 2012

Dr. Evangelista is an excellent person and has great personality! Very caring dr and I am never worried about my visits with her. Love her!

October 19th, 2011

Terrible

I felt Dr. Evangelista was rushed, rude and condescending. Not only that, but she with held information that was put into my chart for some unknown reason. I was pregnant with my second baby 9 months after my first, so I had not lost all the weight from my previous pregnancy (you think a doctor would look at charts and keep this in mind). After I had been with her for three months we had to move, so I requested my charts. It was listed in my charts I was considered obese. I was 170 pounds, heavy yes, but had a healthy blood pressure reading every time and passed my gestational diabetes test. PLUS, she had NEVER mentioned in one visit she was worried about my weight gain and considered me obese! Why would she write this in a chart that is permanent, and also the only information provided to the next physician, if she did not think to talk it over with her patient? Well, it was interesting, once I did start with my new physician - at our first visit she brought up the notes of my obesity and my actual weight - without me even mentioning she said she was shocked this was in the notes and only sees this with pregnant women that are over the 200 mark. The point is - Evangelista never talked any of this concern over with me, but felt so strongly she mentioned it in my notes. I felt it was unprofessional and irresponsible. If she felt it was a medical concern - it should have been addressed. Maybe we could have started a diet together.

July 7th, 2017