Dr. Maria Chen Is this you?

2.9

Neutral

Have you seen Dr. Maria Chen?

Wait of time!

Posted on June 15th, 2017

Callous, mean, not thorough

Posted on February 22nd, 2016

Bad experience is an understatement. I wish I read the rest of these reviews first, my experience was similar. She was callous, rude and spoke over me the entire visit. She rolled her eyes at questions and did not want to order tests. At my insistance, she finally ordered an MRI but again rolled her eyes and actually sais "here's what you wanted. Now you got what you wanted. So we can be done here." and then left! I can't believe I waited so long for an appointment only to be condescended to. I'm having vision trouble and was referred to a Neuro and I drive as part of my job. This has been a terrifying experience and being treated so poorly at such a trying time is just plain mean. I'm not ashamed to say I sobbed in the lobby. Plus, I still have to see another Doctor and hope they actually care!

Confused

Posted on November 9th, 2015

I truly do not know what is wrong with this woman. After being lectured about being a vegitarian (which I am not by the way...) she at first refused to order any tests at all. When I told her I would report her rudeness to my insurer, she became childishly condescending and gave me a prescription for an MRI, citing "now you came and got what you wanted". I do not know what I could have done to provoke such an attack, she came off as emotionally unstable-I briefly thought I might be on candid camera. It was the most bazaar medical experience I have ever had. On a subsequent visit with another Doc at Einstein, I found that her colleagues do not think much of her either and several jokes were made at her expense. She should be supervised, or better yet just go into research. She has no business working with people.

How does she have a license?

Posted on October 21st, 2015

This woman was an abomination. When I pointed out that she missed key, vital info in my chart she became irate. She chastised and belittled me, reminding me that "I have to fill these twenty minutes your insurance pays for with something" and refused to run any testing whatsoever. She went on to diagnose me with conversion disorder and railed on in my records that I had beed combattive, argumentative and behaved as though I was mentally ill. (none of which is true). Subsequently, I was diagnosed with multiple sclerosis at another hospital system just months later. Big ego, lack of training, needs a shrink. Should NOT be a doctor. Also,she told me she does not run EEG tests, which it says on other websites that she does...

Posted on December 30th, 2014

Posted on August 12th, 2014

She was very rude during our visit. She offered information that had nothing to do with her field of training. She had a very pessimistic attitude and tried to rush me out of her office while I was in the middle of having a panic attack. Very insensitive to say the least.

Excellent Neurologist

Posted on June 4th, 2013

Dr. Chen saw evidence on my MRI of my brain tumor earlier than any radiologist or any other doc. That saved my life. Her tenacity and urgency, combined with her expertise got me the treatment I needed.

Unprofessional Doctor

Posted on January 11th, 2011

Yelled at me about parental duties; offered opinions about things that were not relevant to my visit or that she had no specific training. Discourteous; disrespectful; ill-mannered. Refused to do any relevant testing or help to alleviate the symptonolgoy of my son.

Posted on September 29th, 2017