Dr. Maria Fontanez MD Patient Reviews

• Pediatrics Abbeville, LA

no change

February 3rd, 2016
I LOVE Dr. Maria! I have 4 kids and she understands the promptness of my appointments and she is extremely great with them. I have never been disappointed in my experience with her for 4 years now. She also has the same experience with her staff. They are AMAZING ♡

October 21st, 2015
Horrible "doctor"
The worst, absolute worst doctor I have ever seen and she was treating my 5 year old son! Telling me to hold him down while he is freaking out because he doesn't know what she is about to do, it was a simple swab of the mouth. I'm trying to reassure him to tell him it won't hurt and she gets bossy telling me to hold him down so I said just tell him what you are going to do, she was hiding the swab from him so he didn't know what to expect, and she can't take 2 seconds to tell him it's fine or it won't hurt. Just tells me either hold him down or go to the er. Needless to say we went to the er. The staff seemed to be on my side especially a nurse that came out to the parking lot with me to make sure I reported her to her boss, our regular Dr who was out sick that day. Also, informed me that I would not be the first to report to my son's Dr about her or the first she has treated this way! Absolutely no bedside manner, never even introduced herself, I only know who she is because I asked the nurse for her name! Never go to this woman!!

February 28th, 2014
Incopident and Uncaring
Dr. Fontanez told me my son was faking seizures and wetting himself for attention. He suffered seizures for two years before we got the answer, he has Epilepsy. He suffered because this Dr. is incompetent and she suggested that I was seeing things in him because my older Son with Epilepsy was so seizure sick. Thankfully, I took him to another Physician when his condition worsened greatly who knew to refer us to a neurologist. I wouldn't entrust a sick turtle to this woman, certainly not a child.

January 5th, 2014
patient
Dr Maria, was the best doctor that came to Jennings, LA. She cared about her patient. I pray that God guides her back to the Jennings area, in Jesus name.