Dr. Maria Goleba MD Patient Reviews

• Good
  • Bad

March 23rd, 2017
Excellent doctor.
Love her!! Nice and very thorough.

April 30th, 2016
If someone is in so much pain they can't stand up, she won't write anything for pain. She doesn't know how to ck for blood clots. Says ya don't have one & the person does have a blood clot & now is one blood thinner.

September 17th, 2015
HORRIBLE, RUDE DR without A SOUL !
Dr Goleba is thee worst Dr I have EVER seen. I have been there approx 7 times and each time she is in a major rush , she has NEVER examined me ( hands on ) for any issue I've ever had from sinus infection to UTI to swollen lymph nodes. In fact I've had to literally ask her to check my nose , throat etc when I've went there sick. On a Friday appointment I was having issues with swollen Lymph nodes and she diagnosed me from across the room telling me she felt I had Lymphoma cancer. I left in years fearing for my life and that weekend was the longest weekend ever , preparing myself for a diagnosis of Cancer. One time I was in so much pain I asked for a pain shot and Dr Goleba had the nerve to send in her nurse and injected me with SALINE claiming it was pain Meds. I strongly urge AnYONE and everyone to stay clear of this Dr if you value your health or the health of your loved ones. Personally I think this Dr needs to be investigated and have her license taken away. On several occasions I have left in tears being made to feel my health issues were all in my mind. This Dr apparently gets a thrill out of making others feel bad.

September 23rd, 2014
The best
I moved here to Genesee county 5 years ago. I was so afraid of finding a new doctor, I had been with the same doctor for over 20 years and I'm a breast cancer survivor . She made me feel comfortable and listened to my concerns. I don't know what I'll do if she retires. On my third visit to her, I walked in no appointment in a panic , One side of my face was numb and drooped. With one look she said it was bells palsy and prescribed a medication that worked with in 5 days and has never returned. I never heard of bells palsy. She explained everything to me. With every visit she takes the time to listen. I have never had a more caring doctor. I'm very sorry to read some of these negative reviews. She takes care of me and my family. I have had bad experiences with one oncologist that I had to see monthly , he arrogant and uncaring but I had to go there because of the cancer and my insurance. I spoke up and told him how I felt, from then on I continued my appointments but from then on I saw his assistant. He was one of the most beloved Dr.'s at Mt. Clemens General. Not to me. So I guess my point is speak up tell your doctor how you feel. I trust Dr. Goleba for me and my family.

March 16th, 2014
Mrs.
This was my mothers first appointment and will not be returning. Dr. talks down to you, as if you are low and she is supreme. Dr. would not listen to her, even though my mother wrote it down in her paperwork, plus told her the medication she was already taking, Dr. proceeded to prescribe the SAME medication she was already taking, therefore the next day double dosing blood pressure and heart medication, my mothers blood pressure dropped dangerously low. my mom called the office to tell them and ask what to do as at this time she did not know she was being double medicated. the office told her they would have the Dr. return her call. Thankfully my mom decided on her own not to take her 2nd pill that day. the Dr. did not return her call til the following morning,,,,at that point the Dr. realized the mistake she had made and told her to stop taking it at once. My mother most likely would have went into cardiac arrest if she had continued to take the medication while waiting for the Dr. to get back with her.

March 13th, 2014
My daughter had a reaction to the meds this Dr gave her, I called on a wed at 9am ~ No return call till the next day (her staff it's because she only works 1/2 day on weds) Seriously, my daughters health issues can just wait another day when she's having EFFECTS from your prescribed drugs?! , And because she didn't get an answer or VM, she doesn't call again, Instead she leaves a message at the front desk in case we call again.. What was the message? My recommendation is the ER .. WTHeck! Thanks Dr Since she came to you with a UTI..

October 28th, 2013
The pill doctor.

August 20th, 2013
patient
Dr. Goleba was wonderful when I seen her. She was funny and had a great bedside manner!! There was no wait time at all. I waited in the waiting room for 5 minutes before they called me back. For the total I was in the office until I left was 30 minutes, and that was for a PHYSICAL!! Dr Goleba answered all my questions and I will see her again!!!

November 20th, 2012
All Time worst doctor, and overall horrible excuse for a woman.
HORRIBLE doctor (if you want to call her that), Horrible excuse for a woman, all around horrible excuse for a human. Has absolutely no bedside manner. I'd bet money she doesn't even have a soul. Maria Goleba is nothing but an overpaid secretary. Thats right, her idea of being a "doctor" is sending you to other doctors to care for you. Any woman that pretends to be a doctor and could send elderly patients leaving her office in tears is a DISCRACE. She doesn't even know the difference between a cold sore and a zit. Totally incompitent. DO NOT SEND YOUR LOVED ONES TO HER! I would'nt let her treat a Rat! Shame on you Maria Goleba. On a lighter note , Her staff is the BEST thing she's got goin for her. P.S try learning not to roll your eyes at potential patients, we may be sick but we still deserve dignity and respect.

September 1st, 2012
Very good Dr.
I have known Dr. Goleba for years. Yes her bedside manners do suck, and so does the staff sometimes, but diagnosis is pretty much on the mark, and yes she does push the pills some time, but is nice, and VERY GREAT to my mother who she has had for 10 years. The only thing about her is, she is getting scarred about giving pain killers to patient's, since some Dr. in their office got in trouble with the DEA for that, and she is starting to send her patient's to Pain Dr.'s. In a way I do agree, and a way not. But if it is bothering her that bad, then she should send all her patient's on pain killers to a pain dr.

August 14th, 2011
overall good doctor

April 30th, 2011
Dr. Goleba ....
I have known Dr. Goleba for approx 6 years both in a professional nature and as a patient. I am extremely confident being in her care and have highly recommended her to my family, fellow workers, and friends. The office staff has improved over the years but could be more timely with referrals, medication refills, and messages. Yes, there is a wait to get in to see Dr. Goleba, but it well worth it as she takes as much time as needed for each and every patient. Her work ethic is impeccable and she truly cares about her patients.