Dr. Maria Gonzalez Mayda Is this you?

3.1

Have you seen Dr. Maria Gonzalez Mayda?

Holier than thou>

Posted on March 25th, 2017

Dt. Gonzales gave me plenty of time for my first visit, which I have found to be highly unusual among most doctors - so kudos for that! However, she seemed not to understand that I have been dealing with my diseases for about 5 years She had no respect for what I have learned as a patient - both through my research nor through my experience with my former rheumatologist. I did not learn until I was talking to her that she does not treat fibromyalgia!! She would only treat my R.A. She told me that fibro treatment should come from my PCP. Bottom line - now I have to start all over finding a new rheumo.

Won't treat pain!

Posted on February 8th, 2017

She told me she only treats the source of the symptoms--the inflammation--not the symptoms (of which pain is the most common). She would not listen to me when I told her that the med she wanted to give me doesn't work for me (I'd had 2 rounds of it in the prev. Few months). So while We waited to see if methotrexate would work, she had basically condemned me to 3 months of terrible pain, with not even NSAIDS which was the only hiving me relief orior to my diagnosis.

Be aware of her RA treatment philosophy

Posted on October 13th, 2015

Dr. Gonzalez is personable during office visits and very good at returning phone calls. Before you go to see her for your RA, however, it is important that you understand her treatment philosophy because she will not prescribe pain medicines. Her philosophy is to treat the disease--the inflammation--and that will take care of the pain. While waiting for those meds to kick in and or while working to get the right combination of meds, she will not prescribe any pain meds to get you through. If you agree with her philosophy of treating the root cause, the inflammation, as the only way to treat the disease, Dr. Gonzalez may be the right choice for you. Since I fall into the 70% of RA patients who still have considerable pain even while on a DMARD, however, she was not a good match for my needs.

Posted on November 17th, 2017