Dr. Maria Halvorson DO Patient Reviews

• Good
  • Bad

August 12th, 2015
Kind, thorough and caring
Dr. Halvorsen has helped me through several health issues and is always attentive, kind and listens well. She is open to my thought on things and discusses options. I totally trust her and am so happy to have a doctor like this in our small town.

July 1st, 2014
I've had many doctors, due to two life threatening health issues, over the years and can honestly say Dr. Halvorson is one of the best. She is attentive, takes all my concerns seriously and has always been prepared for my visit. I must point out that Dr. Halvorson can't follow up on information she doesn't have, if you don't ask a specialist to share their findings then you can hardly blame her for not following up.

September 25th, 2013
Found a new doctor
Dr. Halvorson knew nothing about a health problems I had for many years and which this practice sent me to specialists. No communication or care regarding follow up care from the specialists which I was refered. Dr. Halvorson was confused about why I was there and seemed confused and unkempt. Clear communication problems. My records intertwined with another patient's. Refused to correct or amend records to correct them, even though the electronic and printed records were clearly in error. These errors could have lead to a detrimental medical error. I will not return to this practice.

September 9th, 2012
Dr. Halverson is very smart, kind, and helpful. I think she's a GREAT doctor, and I feel fortunate to have her as my physician.

June 15th, 2010
We recommend her to friends
Great bedside manner, very knowledgeable, respects patient experience and works collaboratively on solutions.

March 22nd, 2010
Dr. Maria Halvorson is the BEST Doctor I have ever had. She is thorough, listens very well, is gentle and caring and hears every word you say. I recommend her to all of my friends and I am so lucky to have her.

January 18th, 2010
Doesn't read charts, seems emotionally imbalanced
If you have a long-term, chronic health problem go elsewhere. She doesn't read charts, doesn't seem to understand test results, disagrees with doctors she, or the office, refers you to. Has a short attention span, Comes off as being angry, which didn't used to be the case with this doctor. In the last year, she seems heavily stressed, perhaps taking on too many patients, and seems to the take the, "It's all in your head" attitude if you have a chronic illness, is dismissive, does not listen well, if at all. She clearly does not understand neurological problems, and when frustrated with a health problem she doesn't understand, angrily takes it out on you, the patient. She seems distracted and emotionally imbalanced since she returned from having her baby.If you have an infection or need immunizations, she's probably fine, if you have anything more complex, then save yourself see someone else. Seems Dr. Wilson's military background has worn off on this doctor, which is a shame. (I've heard that doctor scream at an elderly couple, hearing every word of their personal information, 2 exam rooms over.)Very unprofessional and scattered.

September 10th, 2015