Dr. Maria Garcia MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.8

October 18th, 2016
Mr.
Wonderfull, caring Doctor, highly recommend her.

March 3rd, 2016
Dr Garcia Maria is the Best DR ever .I highly recommend her

November 17th, 2015
Best doctor
Outstanding Doctor, makes sure you get treated by specialist whenever needed

November 3rd, 2015
Will not treat after car accident!!
She's my primary care doctor, but when injured in a car accident, she refuses to see me. Since I have an HMO, than that means I can't get ANY treatment unless I go to the ER! It takes at least 30 days to change my PCP, so I'm just stuck without help… although the insurance company went around her needed authorizations after 2-1/2 weeks to get someone to check for kidney damage. So far, it's been 3 solid weeks of totally needless pain, expense and frustration for me - and best I can hope for at the moment is to get to see a new doctor 43 days from now :( No matter WHO your doctor is, check with them ahead of time and make sure you aren't going to be left without any medical care should you be involved in a car accident!!

September 25th, 2015
Dr Maria Garcia is awesome!
I have been under the care of Dr Maria Garcia for the past 6 years. She is always on top of my needs and has taken care of me very well. I highly recommend her.

March 5th, 2015
This is a poor excuse for a doctor. First she walks in and is dressed like a homeless bag lady with her hair all messed up. She doesn't listen to her patients and could not care less about what they have to say. She put me at risk by sending me home when I needed to be put in the hospital.

November 19th, 2013
Great person and personality!!!!!
Dr. Garcia was referred to me by my sister. She met Dr. Garcia when her Dr. was on vacation and was extremely impressed by her. I made an appointment and was also happy about my decision to do so. She is extremely through and compassionate, something hard to find in healthcare anymore, Would highly recommend her!!!

August 23rd, 2012
Great doctor
I have been with her for the last 3 years and think she is a great doctor. she has saved my life. She has never refused to send me for a test she thought I might need or recommended me to a surgeon. After having headaches for several months and meds not helping she sent me for a ct scan. Than recomended I see a doctor at ucla. So as far as I can say she does a great job and is a great asset to her profession.

February 9th, 2012
UNCOMPASSIONATE
When she diagnosed my mother with alcoholic liver desease, she didn't want to explore any means of recovery. When my mother died she avoided me.

November 24th, 2011
Doctor slow to prescribe but very thorough
She spends quite a bit of time with the items I want to discuss. She is slow to presccribe medications and often offers simple remedies to try first. She seems to go from least invasive to most. I was suprised to read the person who was recommended surgery as that doesn't sound like the doctor I go to. I would (and have) recommended her to others who also love her.

April 28th, 2011
Uncompassionate Dr. (Dr. Garcia)
If you would like to have a DR that wants to see you every few months just so she can charge your insurance for a visit Dr. Garcia is just the one to choose. She tells me nothing different than the last visit. She then prescribed my medication as have my past doctors. The first day I visited Dr. Garcia without seeing any MRIs or anything like that, she insisted that I should have surgery all of this within less than five minutes. I have 3 bulging discs & 1 ruptured disc. Dr Garcia is an Internal Doctor not a Back Specialist/Orthopedic Doctor. She did the exact same thing with my husband, insisting he also get surgery without even examining his medical records. I let her know that under no circumstances I was going to have surgery because I'm not going to have someone cut me open on my back. Went to another Dr who referred me to a specialist who did my MRIs and said that there is nothing that can be done. NO SURGERY and that I would have to rely on pain management with my meds for the rest of my life. He didn't give me any prescriptions because he said that my doctor would take care of me. Well he was wrong, Dr. Garcia refuses to refill my prescription unless I go into her office so she could take my blood pressure and insist on me having surgery, then eventually refilling my prescription. I am 50 years old and in constant pain. She is holding me hostage to getting my meds for my pain. This is a joke, so she can turn around and charge just over $200 to my insurance. Even our insurance company said this is unethical and wrong, and suggested I change doctors to one that listens to their patients needs and actually be helpful. Whatever happened to sympathetic doctors. Sadly this doesn't exist with her. I would never refer her to anyone, as she is willing to withold help and compassion. I am in extreme pain and can not get my needed medication until I meet my new doctor. I have never been through this in 30 years dealing with doctors. She is truly a black eye on her profession.

April 18th, 2010
Outstandng Doctor!
Dr. Garcia is a warm, caring, highly skilled doctor. She is thorough in taking history and prescribing appropriate tests. Dr. Garcia is an oasis in the Desert; I would highly recommend her.