Maria Keanchong MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

no change

October 10th, 2016
Unprofessional & Heartless
It was our first pregnancy. So when we hadn't heard the baby's heartbeat by the second visit we were beyond anxious. On our third visit they sent us to Dr. Manny's office upstairs for further testing. They said there was nothing left but debris and I would miscarry. In all three visits I never met or spoke to Dr. Keanchong, only her staff. My fourth visit was the next day when I miscarried. I told them what was happening and they made me sit in the waiting room bleeding heavily and crying. They finally brought me in and proceeded to bring out their chart and tell me excitedly how many weeks along I was. I asked hadn't they been told I was miscarrying???!!! They examined me and confirmed the same. I went back in a few days later for urine and blood work. I received a voicemail a few days after that my urine was still testing positive for pregnancy and I had to come in. My heart almost left my body. I thought maybe it was a mistake and I hadn't miscarried after all. My hands were shaking dialing their #. But the girl I spoke with said no, that's not what we meant. Sorry we weren't more clear. I almost had a nervous breakdown in my office and had to leave for the day. About three weeks later Dr. Keanchong came out of hiding and called me. the one and only time i ever spoke to her. She wanted to see how I was doing and to come in for more tests. My experience was so horrible I would never go back or recommend anyone I know to go to her.

December 16th, 2015
NOT recommended for a natural labor.
I was unnecessarily induced at 41 weeks (no indications) and then pressured into a csection when I was 6cm dilated because she didn't think I was dilating fast enough. There were no decelerations and no fetal distress. She broke my water at 7am, inserted cervidil x 2 hours, then started IV pitocin. I was not at all dilated when I arrived in hospital. At 5cm dilated, I was having strong pains and contractions and gave in to an epidural. At 7pm, she started pressuring me to get a csection. I was 6cm dilated but she said my cervix was swollen. At 9:50, exhausted, in pain, and stuck on bedrest and npo, I trusted her and agreed to csection. The csection itself was ok. I ended up with a burn blister but otherwise recovered with some numbness in the area. However, a few months after my csection, I had RLQ abdominal pain, which she dismissed as colitis. She ordered a pelvic u/s just in case. She never called to follow up with me regarding the results (results were positive for fluid). I ended up in ER with a ruptured appendix and peritonitis a few days later needing an emergency open appendectomy and lavage. I almost died. I called the office to notify them of what happened after my hospital stay. I never got a call back from her to follow up. I do wonder if my appendicitis was related to me getting a csection or to just being pregnant in general. For myself, I did not have a good experience with this physician. For those seeking a csection, she is a good surgeon. For others, I advise caution. Additionally, her office wait times were always over an hour.

February 9th, 2014
Condescending
When I asked her questions, she takes a deep breath like oh my god, what a retarded question. Okay, let me explain this like you are 5-years old.

February 4th, 2014
i dont usually write reviews...but....
great doctor, great person, best overall experience

February 3rd, 2014
Cold
They had me wait over an hour and half. Yeah, I complained. Not even an apology. Dr is very cold. Not warm and personable. Changing doctors ASAP.

January 18th, 2014
Teacher
Although I am not pregnant and I had to wait like 30 minutes to see her. In the waiting room all her patients LOVE her. After seeing her I know why, she made me feel at ease, was extremely knowledgeable, helped me understand my condition without too much medical jargon, very personable. The waiting room was full and she answered all my questions even though she was VERY busy. She took her time with me as much time as I needed. Would recommend her to anyone.

January 31st, 2013
AWFUL
Very unfriendly and made me feel uncomfortable on my first appt at 8 weeks pregnant. Left me with a UTI for 2 weeks and the only reason I found out, is that I called for my blood work results.

January 27th, 2013
TERRIBLE AND COLD
Cold and unfriendly. Not thorough and was super sketchy with my first sonogram. She would not print it out for me and my husband and told us it would not be documented. She does not have a licensed nurse on staff and her receptionist gives blood work results without any knowledge and scared me when there was no reason for concern. I changed doctors and my new practice was not comfortable with many of her decisions and made me redo all my panels because they felt she wasn't thorough.

May 2nd, 2012
office staff is so friendly the Dr. is amazing
the office has a home like feel. The staff is extremely friendly and the Dr. was amazing. She didnt rush the visit I felt like I was the only patient in the whole office during my time with the Dr. She explained everything down to the detail. I enjoyed my visit from the moment I walked into the office till I walked out. 5 stars !!!!

August 9th, 2011
Amazing Experience
This doctor is the doctor, I reccomend most highly to anyone seeking incredible service and ease of appointment as well as someone to hold your hand through the entire time. Last year when I got pregnant with my beautiful son I was worried that there may be compications throughout my pregnancy, I asked all the questions I needed to and all were answered, I understand that the staff is extremely busy because there are more patients to tend to as well but I realize that they tried their best to help me as best they could and reached the doctor with my questions as soon as they could. As well as the staff the doctor was caring, and very attentive to what I had to say and took my thoughts into consideration while giving me the proper treatment. These women are deticated and helpful and I recommend their services to anyone!!

July 25th, 2011
Loyal Patient... always great experience!
Before I went to Dr Keanchong I have waited up to 2 hours in a waiting room for less care at other doctor's office, she is worth waiting for!!! and the most has been 30-45 minutes. She has been doctor for 8 years and has been willing to follow my fibroids and has never pushed surgery. Sounds like a blog 2 entires from same person 2 months apart. I can't believe that 2 people went to gyn onc and endo with normal results. Does Not sound like something Dr Keanchong would EVER do. She is trust worthy, would not hesitate to refer friends and family!

January 23rd, 2011
-Amazing Doctor, Very sweet and caring-she makes me feel like I'm her top priority at that moment-Her staff are very nice and give me some good advice when the doctor isn't available.-Wonderful doctor, exellent staff