Overall Review

2.9

June 11th, 2015
Dr. Miller is very personal and very attentive to our daughter. Anytime we needed a referral for a specialty Doctor she was accommodating.

June 1st, 2014
Horrible!!
I had taken my first child to Dr. Miller. I had a bad feeling from day one, but being a new mom, I didn't follow my instincts as I would now! We had taken my daughter in at about 3 months for terrible colic. Our neighbor's son also had colic and his pediatrician had given them something to sooth his tummy. I was hoping for the same thing. I explained that she would cry for hours and could tell her stomach hurt. Dr. Miller refused. She said, "Look at her! She is chubby. You need to stop feeding her so much!" I explained she was breast fed and anyone who knows anything about breast feeding knows that that is the most unprofessional and incorrect answer EVER. Her attitude was negative and seemed to belittle me for nursing her incorrectly. Needless to say I knew at that point that 3 months was enough. I have kicked myself for even returning after our first visit. I do not recommend Dr. Miller to anyone ever!!!

August 12th, 2013
Although we had an early appointment and were early our wait was about 30 mins. The nurse or med assistant wit the long scraggly hair was horrible. Dr Miller was pleasant and well informed she was rushed, said she would return but never did. She did not clean her hands before or after touching my children, YUCK! I would not recommend this office to anyone!

April 25th, 2013
Amazing
She is all around amazing - She is very trustworthy and wonderful at what she does. I would trust her with my family and children and recommend that you do as well.

March 4th, 2013
Very Unprofessional
My name is Kimberlee and I am a nurse. Because I am a nurse means that I understand medical processes and procedures. I was very disappointed with both But poor attitudes by the staff was the worst.

February 6th, 2013
Sorry, I Can't Recommend This Place...
Correction: I'm sad to report that I *cannot* happily recommend people to go here.

February 6th, 2013
Sorry, I Can't Recommend This Place...
Yeah, I'll agree with the others about Dotty (with the scraggly ponytail about a mile long). She certainly has her good and bad days. Dr. Miller is always professional, but the wait time after your appointment time can extend to over 45 minutes. I'm sad to report that I'd happily recommend people to go here. You can tell Dr. Miller really cares, but I think perhaps they have too many patients to be manageable.

May 9th, 2012
Maria Miller, M.D. Excellence in Pediatrics - "made to care"
Overall, my experience with Dr. Maria Miller is excellent. I have two boys. Five years ago, due to insurance purposes and other family situations, I made a big mistake and switched physicians. Ever since, my kids have seen two other doctors. I must say, there is no other Pediatrician with experience and excellence as Dr. Maria Miller. Her staff is loyal & committed to her and to patients. They care, are courteous, professional and follow up. Dr. Miller & staff were "made to care.

October 6th, 2011
Worst Office Staff and Bedside manner!!!
My experience with this office and physician was terrible. The wait time after the appointment was about 50 minutes. There is a staff member named "Dotty" who is extremely unprofessional! Dont take your children to this clinic. There are better Pediatricians out there!

July 14th, 2010
Not Happy Mom
Not having many insurance choices, we ended up using Dr. Miller as our PCP appx 8 months ago. I was initially dismayed with her office condition. Walls needed painting, chairs and footstools needed replacing, several of the exam tables had torn corners where the stuffing was coming out. The soap container in the bathroom was half water half soap. No paper towels were in the holder and the step-on garbage pail didn't work, so you had to take your just washed hand and lift the garbage pail lid to dispose of the paper towel. I always equate the condition of the office as to the kind of doctor and service I'm going to receive. The wait time every time was at least 45 to over an hour. I realized what she was doing was booking all exam rooms - up to 6 patients at a time and she would schedule them all for the same appt time. When 10am came for example, the staff would call all 6 paitents for 10am appts back to their own exam room and then Dr, Miller would start at Room#1 and then go down the line. Bad news if you're in Room#6! One of my children had a serious illness and was misdiagnosed. Call it Mom's intuition, but I took my child to a specialist after Dr. Miller's diagnosis and she was wrong as I had suspected. They had insisted that I had to see Dr. Miller first and get a referral to see a specialist and when I got the insurance company on the phone with her office manager aka nurse, they still insisted I see the Dr. or the insurance wouldn't pay. Needless to say, none of what they said was true, and my child and I left and saw the specialist without incident. I believe it was a ruse on Dr. Miller's office to snag another office visit to bill the insurance company for.I did let Dr. Miller's office know and her and her staff were defensive and rather rude about it. I believe that happened again recently as I had another child sick and we did go back for the follow up which included an urinanalysis which was fine. We were told it still had to go to the lab for a final though but it looked perfect. I got a call the following week telling me that I needed to bring my child in asap on the results from the lab. I immediately panicked thinking something awful showed up and my child might have a kidney or bladder problem. I kept asking what the lab results showed, could they not tell me over the phone. No, Dr. Miller needs to discuss this in person. I was so scared! They wanted to see us that day at 2pm so you can imagine how scared I was. Get in the exam room finally and Dr. Miller comes in like she hadn't seen us in months. How have you been she asked my child?? Duh, we were just here for the follow-up last week don't you remember I thought. She goes on to tell me the lab was great. Nothing unusual showed up. I thought to myself, what a waste of my time to drive 20 plus minutes to this office, sit another 45 and be told this? Why didn't this doctor tell me this over the phone? Because she wanted another bookable hour to bill our insurance company I believe. I will say too that I am constantly called about one of my kids needing to come in for a check up, or something all the time. Its like they're soliciting patient appts or something. I just think this is such a dirty feeling run down office environment, the staff is impatient and rather rude. I don't want to criticize the staff, but the nurse has teeth missing, has long scraggly grey hair in a biker's style ponytail that is longer than her hips. She must have 100 elastics down that skinny little ponytail. It just doesn't portray a professional image for sure. Dr. Miller? Well, not meaning to critize, but my kids thought she talked like a man...rather gravely. She has a rather hard appearance and tough demeanor about her. I had took my kids to walk in clinics as much as I could rather than use her office if I could. There are many doctors out there - find one other than Oviedo Pediatrics and Dr. Miller.

October 9th, 2009
Find someone else!
I have been taking my daughter here for a few years now, and I have never been seen before at least 40 minutes AFTER my appointment time. When you finally do get seen it is very rushed, half the time she doesn't even say goodbye, walks out of the office and onto the next patient, sending in the nurses to finish up. She seems like she probably knows a decent amount, and would probably be nice if she weren't so over-booked; but because she is, patient care really suffers. I had an appt today just to get a referral and a follow-up since I took my daughter to an urgent care facility. I really only needed the referral sent to the doctor I needed to go see, but they insisted I had to come in and be seen there first. So I show up on time for my appointment, and I see that someone else in the "Sick kids" room was also set for 10am. (The first appointment time slot of the day). So then we're all sitting there and 15 minutes or so later someone else comes in also with a 10am appointment. So that's 3 of us for 10am. There is another waiting room full of "well-visit" patients. SO at 10:30 I ask the receptionist, how many people do you guys normally book in each time slot? She says three. I said, "that's crazy - I have never been seen here even CLOSE to my appointment time. What about that side? (indiciating the "well-visit" side." She said what do you mean? And I said, well you have 3 people scheduled for 10am here...is anyone over there scheduled for 10 also? She looked me in the face and was like "No." So while were sitting there now at 10:50 a boy comes in and leaves vomiting, but didn't quite clear the entrance area... so there is now vomit outside the entrance doors. People coming in and out are stepping in it...tracking it into the offices or their cars. I told her someone just threw up in the entrance way... and she was just like "eww.." No one made a move to clean it up. Finally 11:00 I'm called back to a room. When she came out to get us I had to tell her someone NEEDS to clean that up, it is disgusting and unsanitary. Finally she was like "ummm....ok"So another 15 minutes waiting in the office... then the nurse comes to take my daughters weight, height and temp. I asked HER then how many patients they schedule per time slot and she says SIX!!!! I was like, well the girl upfront told me 3, but I KNEW that it had to be more because both rooms were full of people. Then another 5 minutes waiting on the doctor. So finally at almost 11:20 Dr. Miller comes in and asks how we're doing? I say that "I'm pretty upset." She doesn't ask why or have any concern, she just says well what does 'she' need to be seen for... COMPLETELY blew me off! I said we just need a referral. She said why? I said... yada yada yada.. She looks in my daughters ear, says ok we'll get you the referral. Looks in her mouth and says ok. Then she leaves the room. Then the nurse comes in the room and wraps everything up. NEEDLESS to say, this will be our last visit to Oviedo Pediatrics...or any other doctor that books 6 patients per 1/2 hr. time slot. If you do the math that means they are scheduling a WHOLE 5 minutes with your child!!! I don't know about you, but I am personally disgusted by this!

April 16th, 2008
All around poor service
Getting an appointment is no problem. I can have my child seen the same day I call in, but wait time is far too long with or without advance appointments. The supporting staff is very rude and not accomodating. Generally, the office atmosphere is not inviting.