Dr. Maria Lotempio MD Patient Reviews

• Plastic Surgery New York, NY

• Good
  • Bad

November 12th, 2015
Best Doctor I have ever seen....
I cannot say enough good things about Dr. Lotempio. I have a strong family history of breast cancer and am BRAC1 positive so last year I made the very scary decision to have a double mastectomy and do reconstruction. I ended up doing DEIP flap reconstruction; even though it was more invasive and a tougher recovery I felt it was the right choice. Along with being an amazing surgeon (breast and stomach look AMAZING!) Dr. Lotempio is so kind and thoughtful. She was willing to answer any question no matter how many times I bugged her. After surgery she followed up daily to make sure I was ok. She made what was truly a terrifying situation so much better. And I have to add that her staff is just as good. Between Elsie dealing with the insurance nonsense or Alina helping me with appointment and testing, they made life so much easier. I cannot recommend them enough.

September 24th, 2015
Wow - impressed
I was fortunate to have Dr. LoTempio fix me up after a nasty bike accident - I ripped open my chin. While I am still in healing process, she has been attentive and caring. It looks amazing - I get compliments all the time. She is very talented. She is available and flexible with scheduling. Easy to talk to. Does not up sell. Thank you, Dr. LoTempio

April 9th, 2015
Dr. LoTempio does an amazing job. She takes times to discuss my concerns and thoughts. Very kind and professional and knows exactly what she is doing. Very happy with my results every time I see her.

March 31st, 2015
Go to Dr. LoTempio, she is the best!
Dr. Lotempio performed a bilateral breast reduction on me in mid January. I'm 31 years old, 5'8" and 135lbs, but I always had very large breasts (DD+) for my smaller frame. I was having terrible back pain issues, unable to run, play tennis or wear clothes that fit because of my disproportional breasts. I was so comfortable talking to Dr. LoTempio about the physical & emotional stress my DDs were causing me. She really asks the right questions, listens and took all the time I needed to weigh the risks and benefits of surgery. I'm so happy I went through with the surgery. The recovery and my results are amazing. I'm SO happy I could cry. I didn't get lucky, LoTempio is just a real expert at reconstructing breasts and minimizing risks. I was able to run 1 month after my surgery with a normal sports bra, something I wasn't able to do in 8 years. I would also like to say Dr. LoTempio is a "real" person, she is easy to talk to and a very kind woman. If I wasn't her patient, I wish I could be her friend. The morning of the surgery I was so scared and nervous because I was never admitted to a hospital before. BUT then Dr. Lotempio showed up in my room with her scrubs on, made me laugh and walked with me to the operating room. Her surgery assistants were also so comforting, with putting an arm around my shoulder, giving me high 5's and playing music for me. Then I woke up with my new fantastic chest about 3 hours later. They took great care of me in post-op and Dr. LoTempio checked in on me and gave me several follow-up phone calls to make sure I was ok & understood which meds to take. She followed up consistently & my recovery was speedy. I can't speak highly enough about my entire experience & the wonderful people who have helped me. Alina, LoTempio's office manager, is also great to work with and gets all the paper work, etc. sorted out promptly. Alina was very helpful with insurance claims, doctors notes & all the details. If you would like more information about my breast reduction experience with Dr. LoTempio I would be happy to talk with you. I know surgery is a major decision & so does Dr. LoTempio!

February 28th, 2015
Excellent surgeon, great doctor & kind person
Dr. Lotempio is an excellent surgeon & person. I highly recommend her.

April 23rd, 2014
Excellent experience
I'm new to NY and found Dr. Maria Lotempio on Zocdoc. I read great reviews about her and decided to make an appointment early fall of last year (I was due for botox injections and needed to find a Dr I trusted and was excellent in their field). Maria was professional, kind and has the most amazing bedside manner. She really cares about your well being. My injections turned out great and if I was unhappy about anything she fixed that issue. I've gone back 3 times now and will continue going to her. Her office is beautiful!!

November 8th, 2013
highly recommended
Dr.Lotempio is very professional, very patient. I went to see her for filler injections,and I am always very happy with the result. I tried other doctors, and she is the best.I highly recommend her.

November 8th, 2013
Satisfied Patient
I've been to Dr. Lotempio's office a couple of times for filler injections and during each of my visits, I never felt rushed; every question I had was answered thoroughly. Dr. Lo Tempio is very knowledgeable in her craft and has a great eye in aesthetics. I cannot comment on any surgical procedures, but based on my two visits, I was pleased. If I ever considered something more invasive, Dr. Lo Tempio would be a great candidate.

October 29th, 2013
Purchasing agent
Have been to Dr, Lotempio several times. Highly recommend her work. Nice to be able to look and feellike myself again. Gets better with each appointment!

October 28th, 2013
Dr. LoTempio is amazing!
I went to see Dr. LoTempio for the removal of calcium deposits on my face. Prior to the appointment, I did not know what the growths on my face were and was getting concerned. Dr. LoTempio was extremely accommodating of my schedule and saw me immediately. Her staff is so wonderful and kind and her office is gorgeous and meticulously clean. Dr. LoTempio has absolutely wonderful bedside manner. She spent a lot of time with me to answer all my questions and made me feel so comfortable and completely settled my nerves. She was so generous and gave me special scar cream to apply because I was so nervous about scarring; however, it was unnecessary because she did such an amazing job that the next day no one could even see where she removed the calcium deposits. I highly suggest going to Dr. LoTempio, she is amazing!!!!

October 24th, 2013
BRILLIANTS A TRUE ARTIST
I am a man, I was blessed with some lovely features, and others that I wish were bigger, like any other man. I had always dreamed of beautiful luscious lips like those of the beautiful Chris Brown, and the dreamy William Levy. Well she was sweet as sugar to me and really made me comfortable. The procedure was simple and I left with beautiful natural looking lips.

November 22nd, 2012
Dr Lotempio is a great surgeon.