Internist, Neurologist (brain, nervous system)

by Dusan Dragic on Jun 13th, 2015

My wife suffers from myasthenia gravis, a very nasty autoimmune disease. From the day it was diagnosed ten years ago Dr. Maria Muste has been treating her. On most of my wife’s visits to Dr. Muste I accompany her. I do not want to go into details of the treatment but I must say that throughout that period the neurologist Dr. Maria Muste has demonstrated excellent and impressive professional knowledge and superb doctor – patient relationship resulting in successful treatment. She always listens carefully, asks pertinent questions, does appropriate tests, and prescribes up-to-date medications and procedures, recommends doctors of other specializations for a multidisciplinary review and assessment. In other words, for the past ten years Dr. Muste has managed to keep this chronic disease of my wife under control and has enabled her to lead normal life. So, from our experience Dr. Maria Muste is the TOP and we are grateful to her. DPD

I finally began to get my life back! show details I finally began to get my life back!
by Cynthia Dimmie on May 18th, 2015

I met Dr. Muste In October 2007 after being rushed to WP Hospital from work. At that time I had experienced a seizure. Prior history was unexplained early childbirth, seizures, Tia's, anemia, optical neuritis 9 times left eye and retinal occlusion right eye just to describe a few of my symptoms which began in 1999. I was follwed by other Dr's at Westchester Med. Ctr. where I worked they wanted to relate my issues to stress and etc. It was difficult to connect the dots as well as coordinate care with my many physicians. I was seeing a Endo for Thyroid Cancer as well. Dr. Muste was the best thing that ever happened to me. Through her expertise and in depth referral for many types of testing she was able to figure out and connect the dots. Upon diagnosis of Cardiolipid Syndrame she was able to begin proper treatment. Dr. Muste even went as far as sending me to John Hopkins to see an expert who was a former Colleague of hers and the two of them after discussion with a team came up witj a regiment and prescibed Cellcept. Since meeting Dr. Muste I have a much better quality of life. I do not miss as much time from work and I have not had a seizure in over five years! If I could commend Dr. Muste and have to say one sentence in regards to her it woud be that she is a listener and has the ability to meet the patient where they are at. I know that God placed her in my life on that day. Lastly when I was brought to the hospital another time Dr. Muste interrupted a birthday party that she was attending with her children to come and see me. If I call she responds. I am very grateful to Dr. Muste.

by Djurdjina Dragic on May 7th, 2015

I suffer from myasthenia gravis, an ugly immuno deficiency disease. For the last ten years Dr. Maria Muste, neurologist, has been treating my MG condition. I am still her patient. With her knowledge, persistence and devotion she has managed to take full and positive control of my disease and enable me to live normal life. I visit her five to six times a year. I do not wait long in their waiting room, her stuff is friendly and considerate, she is always smiling and encouraging. Dr. Muste spends time in asking questions and explaining the state of the disease and the treatment which is required. She patiently answers all my questions and I have many of them ! If I call her on the telephone she always returns calls . She is professionally not only competent but excellent, she has a very pleasant personality and, in my case, her treatment proved to be very successful. Djurdjina Dragic

Dr. Maria Muste is Awesome! show details Dr. Maria Muste is Awesome!
by Joseph Cardona on May 1st, 2015

Dr. Muste saved my life! She was the only Doctor that figured out that i had sever spinal stenosis and not just restless leg! I was taking about 15 different medications to stop the twitching, jerks, hiccups, and violent spasms just so i could sleep a few hours a night. I had surgery, now all i take is 2 pills to calm the slight twitch.

by Ed on Apr 20th, 2015

Dr. Muste has a commitment to excellence. She has been my doctor for 5 years. In that time she showed that she cared about my health issues. I can strongly recommend her.

Sincere thanks to Dr Muste show details Sincere thanks to Dr Muste
by Elinore Kelly R.N. on Apr 8th, 2015

I am forever grateful to the care I have received from DrMuste for 6 years

by Laura Z on Apr 7th, 2015

Dr. Muste gave an accurate diagnosis after my having visited numerous doctors without success. She was thorough, while being conservative and reassuring. She got in touch with me promptly when I was anxiously awaiting test results. Finally, she offered unsolicited suggestions regarding a family member with a recently diagnosed neurological condition who was not even a patient of hers. This indicated a level of caring that is not often found.

Very good experience show details Very good experience
by Myrna C. on Apr 2nd, 2015

I went to Dr. Muste after being referred to her by my GP because I couldn't feel my legs. She did every test in the book, spent tons of time with me and patiently explained my MS diagnosis, my treatment options, etc. I was more than overwhelmed with all this, feeling hopeless, very vulnerable and a little bit sorry for myself. Since I have no support system whatsoever, I could not imagine how was I to cope with all this. She held my hand through the entire process and I couldn't be more satisfied. I have been her patient for more than 7 years now and wouldn't change her for the world!

Excellent physician show details Excellent physician
by Ignac I. Grasic on Apr 2nd, 2015

I have been a patient of Dr. Muste since summer of 2013. I’ve found that Dr. Muste is focused on making the correct diagnosis, prescribing treatment and frankly, in my observation, looks ahead to solve health issues. She also takes time to answer questions and to listen to personal issues that may be significantly on your mind. I firmly recommend Dr. Muste to be the doctor of choice in neurology. Lastly (but sometimes not least) she is a very amicable person.

by John F Walsh on Mar 31st, 2015

Have been a patient for several years. Extremely satisfied with her professional knowledge and interaction during visits. I would give her an unqualified recommendation

Dr. Maria Muste is the best Neurologist I have found! show details Dr. Maria Muste is the best Neurologist I have found!
by Maria Cardona on Mar 28th, 2015

Dr. Muste, is the only doctor after 10 years of going undiagnosed to figure out what was wrong with me! She is smart, and caring! Small fiber neuropathy wasnt easy for any of the 10 or so doctors i had gone to over the yrs. but she did a skin biopsey (never suggested by any other Dr.) that was the key! Also my "trigeminal neuralgia" i almost had my teeth removed, she quickly stopped me! She is very quick to notice things without being told.

Great Doctor!!! show details Great Doctor!!!
by J. Wagner on Mar 27th, 2015

After meeting Dr. Muste last year I can Truly say shes the most patient caring thorough doctor I have had in 15 years. I came to her unable to sit or stand for long and loosing my ability to walk and move my arm. Her Office & assistant Samantha are wonderful helpful & make you feel comfortable. Dr Muste Calls you back promptly if you call her with any fears or concerns.She calls you herself to give you blood results that concern her she also never rushes you on the phone like most Drs do. Dr Muste performed my EMG and it is very rare a doctor herself does this test, all the other Drs choose a tech to do this. I felt much safer having Dr, Muste do the EMG on me. As a result of her findings & treatment for the first time in 10 years I am walking and moving my arm again Thanks to Her! I am a complicated medical history I am so thankful and Grateful to have found Dr. Muste! I hope this helps someone else because she has helped me so much!

Mar 5th, 2015

She is thorough and always prompt. I always feel at ease after speaking with Dr. Muste about my medical concerns.

You can do better, keep looking! show details You can do better, keep looking!
by Amy on Jul 9th, 2013

The more I went the worse she became. I don't think she likes a challenge. Some doctors get frustrated when they can't fix you within a reasonable time or if you get worse under their care. She is one of those doctors . I went on to find a really good neuro now. Keep looking. You can do better than this neuro! Oh yeah the first visit they put me in an exam room and forgot about me for an hour. I was in so much pain already and the doctor took so long , I finally came out of the room and another dr apologized that they could have forgotten they put me in there and then Muste came and said she didn't know I was there. Great service! Not!