Dr. Maria Nwokike Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Maria Nwokike?

Type 2 Diabetes

Type 2 Diabetes

Have you seen Dr. Maria Nwokike?

• Good
  • Bad
  • Good
  • Bad

June 9th, 2015

Not for men with testosterone issues

I suffer from extremely low test levels, she seemed completely uncaring and really just didn't explain anything to me that was happening at all. Cold and rushed is how it felt, I will be changing providers asap

June 6th, 2015

Love love love her she listens and let's me give her my input in my care... She is always open to trying ithings way... I would drive across the state to see her. First Dr in 10 yrs who took me seriously.

May 5th, 2015

endocrinologist

Well I am very satisfied with Dr Nwokike I've seen her twice and a very good Dr.

January 21st, 2015

There is no follow up by staff. Call leave message and days later, no call back. Very unprofessional and poor conduct. However the desk is courteous when speaking with you at check.

August 22nd, 2012

Excellent Endo.

I have enjoyed having Dr. Nwokike as my doctor. she is thorough, professional and timely. shre listens and cares. I have made great progress with my diabetes because of her care and advise.

February 14th, 2012

Great Doctor

Her name is Nwokike and pronounced (wo-key-kay). She is a great doctor and cares about her patients and will call you if she needs to see or talk to you based upon test results .

September 26th, 2011

The Worst Doctors appointment ever!!!

I have never been treated so bad from a doctor and disregarded as if nothing was wrong with me~

July 31st, 2011

case manager

my frist visit was unconfortable the wait was too long, three hours. once inside the exam room when Dr. Nwokike showed up I did not detect of warmness while explaining my diagnosis, but she did express the importance of surgery as soon as possible. So this became more important to me so i followed her instructions to the letter for possible pre-op and the need for a biopsy. But on my return visit anticipating surgery, it was put off due to a cold. which is a normal process that conflicts with surgery, but she never explained the reason for the dely in treatment of starting me on medication for my glans which would not conflict with the abxs she started me on. this is very fustrating. and i will be writing a letter to the Medical Director only because I don't want to fall through the cracks. And if this is standard procedure then i can move forward. because 10days without treatment is just not professional.

June 24th, 2011

Good once she's actually in the room

They definitely over-schedule patients. If you're one of the first few appointments of the day, it won't be too bad. Unfortunately, the last time I was there I had a 9:50 appointment. Hoped it would be early enough, but no. I was in the waiting room for over an hour, and she didn't make it to my exam room for another 30 minutes. I'm seeing her for diagnosis related to multiple issues, and her demeanor and treatment recommendations have been very good so far.

April 21st, 2011

One of the better Endocrinologists in town

I've been a patient of Dr. Maria Nwokike's for a short time. She is a very caring doctor. I let her know of one of the new prescription's side effect when I made a follow-up visit. She took time to look at a replacement medication's side effects and only when I agreed with the minimal side effects did she replace that medication. My cholesterol numbers went down in the few months that I've been seeing her. I feel like she's taking good care of me. I trust her and I'll be seeing her until my numbers normalize.

April 19th, 2011

Horrible Experience/English Skills Poor

I'm not picky when it comes to doctors. I've been living with Juvenile Diabetes since I was a young child and have moved around ALOT in my life, so I've experienced many different types and personalities of physicians. I say this wholeheartedly--Maria Nwokike is the absolute worst Endocrinologist I've ever been to. Besides those off-putting beaded corn-rows on her head (entirely unprofessional unless you're a doctor in the Congo), she has zero personality and I question her ability to use the English language. I would ask her a question, and she would just blatantly ignore me and continue with the task she was doing. Finally I said "Hello? Do you know that I just asked you a question?" And she still wouldn't even make eye contact with me. I finally just gave up. Interestingly, when her nurse popped her head in, she seemed to have no trouble hearing and responding to her. I felt like I was invisible in the room. I am a healthy young professional female in her late twenties. I'm polished and well spoken and very kind. I don't have a short fuse. But by the time I left Nwokike's office I wanted to scream. Also, I had lab work done and they insisted I make a follow up visit to get the results. The office is an hour away from my house. I've never experienced a doctor that wouldn't mail test results. Seriously? I have to drive all the way back over there and pay ANOTHER co-pay just to hear what my routinely checked A1C is??? That is ridiculous. I don't need to come into the office for that. I'm switching doctors immediately. I don't trust this woman with my precious health.

January 24th, 2011

Unprofessional, inpatient, does not explore various treatment options