Dr. Maria Nwokike, MD
Internists, Endocrinologist (diabetes, hormones)
Video profile
Endocrinology & Diabetes Specialists
5105 Camino Al Norte
Suite 100
North Las Vegas, NV 89031
(702) 750-2438
Locations and availability (1)

3.0

|  Excellent Endo.  |  show details
Aug 22nd, 2012

I have enjoyed having Dr. Nwokike as my doctor. she is thorough, professional and timely. shre listens and cares. I have made great progress with my diabetes because of her care and advise.

|  Great Doctor  |  show details
Feb 14th, 2012

Her name is Nwokike and pronounced (wo-key-kay). She is a great doctor and cares about her patients and will call you if she needs to see or talk to you based upon test results.

Oct 13th, 2011

I had no problems w Dr Nwokike. The staff was very nice and very efficient. I go back for my diagnosis the end of Oct 2011, so I will answer those followup questions after my visit. My wait time was 20 minutes, I had a 10:20am appointment. Yes, Dr Nwokike has an accent. I had no problem understanding her. We even joked a bit. I find her to be a doctor who is very thorough and takes her profession very seriously. I feel I am in good hands.

|  The Worst Doctors appointment ever!!!  |  show details
Sep 26th, 2011

I have never been treated so bad from a doctor and disregarded as if nothing was wrong with me~

|  case manager  |  show details
Jul 31st, 2011

my frist visit was unconfortable the wait was too long, three hours. once inside the exam room when Dr. Nwokike showed up I did not detect of warmness while explaining my diagnosis, but she did express the importance of surgery as soon as possible. So this became more important to me so i followed her instructions to the letter for possible pre-op and the need for a biopsy. But on my return visit anticipating surgery, it was put off due to a cold. which is a normal process that conflicts with surgery, but she never explained the reason for the dely in treatment of starting me on medication for my glans which would not conflict with the abxs she started me on. this is very fustrating. and i will be writing a letter to the Medical Director only because I don't want to fall through the cracks. And if this is standard procedure then i can move forward. because 10days without treatment is just not professional.

|  Good once she's actually in the room  |  show details
Jun 24th, 2011

They definitely over-schedule patients. If you're one of the first few appointments of the day, it won't be too bad. Unfortunately, the last time I was there I had a 9:50 appointment. Hoped it would be early enough, but no. I was in the waiting room for over an hour, and she didn't make it to my exam room for another 30 minutes. I'm seeing her for diagnosis related to multiple issues, and her demeanor and treatment recommendations have been very good so far.

|  One of the better Endocrinologists in town  |  show details
Apr 21st, 2011

I've been a patient of Dr. Maria Nwokike's for a short time. She is a very caring doctor. I let her know of one of the new prescription's side effect when I made a follow-up visit. She took time to look at a replacement medication's side effects and only when I agreed with the minimal side effects did she replace that medication. My cholesterol numbers went down in the few months that I've been seeing her. I feel like she's taking good care of me. I trust her and I'll be seeing her until my numbers normalize.

|  Horrible Experience/English Skills Poor  |  show details
Apr 19th, 2011

I'm not picky when it comes to doctors. I've been living with Juvenile Diabetes since I was a young child and have moved around ALOT in my life, so I've experienced many different types and personalities of physicians. I say this wholeheartedly--Maria Nwokike is the absolute worst Endocrinologist I've ever been to. Besides those off-putting beaded corn-rows on her head (entirely unprofessional unless you're a doctor in the Congo), she has zero personality and I question her ability to use the English language. I would ask her a question, and she would just blatantly ignore me and continue with the task she was doing. Finally I said "Hello? Do you know that I just asked you a question?" And she still wouldn't even make eye contact with me. I finally just gave up. Interestingly, when her nurse popped her head in, she seemed to have no trouble hearing and responding to her. I felt like I was invisible in the room. I am a healthy young professional female in her late twenties. I'm polished and well spoken and very kind. I don't have a short fuse. But by the time I left Nwokike's office I wanted to scream. Also, I had lab work done and they insisted I make a follow up visit to get the results. The office is an hour away from my house. I've never experienced a doctor that wouldn't mail test results. Seriously? I have to drive all the way back over there and pay ANOTHER co-pay just to hear what my routinely checked A1C is??? That is ridiculous. I don't need to come into the office for that. I'm switching doctors immediately. I don't trust this woman with my precious health.

Jan 24th, 2011

Unprofessional, inpatient, does not explore various treatment options

|  Great dr, crappy staff..  |  show details
Jun 9th, 2010

Dr. Nwokike takes time with her patients, which is great, so try to be the first one in the AM.. because midday appts will take a while. Her staff leaves a lot to be desired. Jasmine is great, while Luz is hopeless. don't deal with her.. Brandi seems to know what she is doing as well. Excellent bedside manner, and very thorough. Would and have recommended to friends.

Jun 1st, 2010

terriable dr. she yelled at me and hung up on me very unprofessional and not caring

|  Very irritating experience...  |  show details
by Carolyn Lynch on Feb 19th, 2010

Both times I had gone to see Dr Nwokike, I had to wait at least an hour (and for a simple ultrasound, I waited almost 2 hrs!). When I finally got in to see her, she was not overly friendly and seemed to be in a hurry. This irritated me enough but then I overheard someone telling the receptionist that the doctor had called and told her she was pregnant and then, after she and her husband were so happy, Dr Nwokike told her she was "just kidding". This was the final straw and I will be searching for a different endocrinologist.