A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Maria Platia:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 2.5 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Maria Platia, Gynecologist,Reproductive Endocrinologist is Good.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. Maria Platia, MD is board certified in Obstetrics & Gynecology and Reproductive Endocrinology.
- She has special expertise in 13 areas:
- Adolescent Medicine
- Diabetes Mellitus
- Estrogen Replacement Therapy
- Female Infertility
- Hot Flashes
- Hysteroscopic Surgery
- In Vitro Fertilization (IVF)
- Laproscopic Surgery (Laparoscopy)
- Ovulation Induction
Education & Awards
Dr. Platia graduated from University of Pittsburgh . She has 1 awards.
Dr. Platia has 6 hospital affiliations:
- University Medical Center - Tucson
- University of PA Medical Center/Presbyterian
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Platia accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- Humana - 3 plans
- Aetna - 3 plans
- United Healthcare - 2 plans
- Highmark Blue Cross Blue Shield - 2 plans
- Independence Blue Cross - 3 plans
- Horizon Blue Cross Blue Shield of New Jersey - 4 plans
- Cigna - 3 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 2 plans
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. Maria P. Platia practice?
Dr. Maria Platia practices Obstetrics & Gynecology, Reproductive Endocrinology, Gynecology, and Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism near Tucson, AZ.
Additional practice locations include: Philadelphia, PA and Willow Grove, PA.
See Tucson Obstetricians & Gynecologists and Tucson Endocrinologists.