Dr. Maria Rivera MD Patient Reviews

• Pediatrics Lawton, OK

April 19th, 2013
I had alway taken my daughter to a HMO, so when we move here i had no idea where to take her. Dr Rivera was highly recommed. I have never had a Doctor spend so much time and be so caring. The staff was very kind and friendly. We have no Ins. and I found the prices to be reasonable!

June 13th, 2010
This clinic is horrible. I have brought my daughter in very few times and always end up with a handful of medication that she doesn't need. I have been given antibiotics to give her for a common cold! They definitely over-medicate and I do not believe that they actually listen to the symptoms that are being presented before making a diagnosis. The nurses are very rude and have no patience with children. I was also spoken to like a child by one nurse and that was NOT appreciated. We will NOT be going back there!

July 29th, 2008
New to the clinic
I have had two experiences with Dr. Rivera. The first was with my daughter for a well-baby check-up. We arrived 15 minutes early, and proceeded to wait 45 minutes until we were seen (30 minutes past appointment time.) The intake nurse was very curt. Dr. Rivera was very pleasant and willing to answer any questions that I might have had. Overall, it wasn't a bad experience. A few weeks later, my son developed an ear infection. Because we hadn't seen the doctor previously, we had to have a longer appointment which wasn't available until 4 days later. After a few probing questions, I found out that I could show up and hang around the waiting room to see if a space opened up. The intake nurse was still curt, and Dr. Rivera was good with my son. (He doesn't like people looking in his ears or taking medicine when sick.)