Dr. Maria Ramirez-Nieto MD Patient Reviews

3.0

July 19th, 2013
Bad Doctor
Fui a la clinica en PR y la experiencia fue horrible, primero que yo solicite cita con la doctora Ramirez, no con las ayudantes. La Dra no estuvo 5 minutos y fue muy ruda. No se tomo su tiempo para ver mi MRI y sin fijarse tan siquiera en la nota que puso en neurologo me dijo que no tenia nada. Creo que fue lo unico que me gusto que me dijera, que no tenia nada pero como puedo confiar en alguien que no se tomo el tiempo de investigar. Primera y ultima visita..... Es la pero Dra que he visitado en mi vida. No merece tan siquiera una estrella en el review....

July 9th, 2013
Doctor is great but the Administrator, not so much
This review is regarding the administrator Francisco. He is very rude, not helpful and to say the least ignorant. I feel sorry for any patient that has encountered his behavior and any staff that work under him. If anyone has encountered his behavior please write a review or stress your concerns with anyone who will listen. He needs to be removed and replaced with someone else. It's too bad he's the head honcho. I'm sure he's good at making everyone's life miserable... Make sure you don't try to talk because if you do, he will cut you off and then hang up on you.

July 13th, 2011
HORRIBLE!!
THIS IS THE WORST NEURO I HAVE EVER SEEN. MY WAIT WAS OVER AN HOUR. SHE DID NOT BELIEVE ME WHEN I TOLD HER MY CONDITION. WHICH I HAVE HAD SINCE I WAS 18. AND I HAVE SEEN AT LEAST 8 OTHER DOCTORS SINCE BC OF MOVING AND SUCH. IT WAS JUST A CHECK UP AND SHE WANTED TO DO 10 DIFFERNT PROCEDURES AND TEST B4 SHE WOULD REFIL MY PRESCRIPTION. I HAVE SEIZURES. IT IS NOT LIKE THE MEDS WERE ADICTIVE. DO NOT GO TO HER - I WANTED TO TELL EVERYONE IN THE WAITING ROOM THAT SHE WAS A QUACK AND THEY NEEDED TO LEAVE. BUT I DIDNT.
Doctor's Response

While we regret any misunderstanding you had with our office is important for other people to know that Doctor Ramirez will try to confirm any medical history by obtaining medical records from previous doctors or ordering new work up as needed. Despite been ill for so many years and "seen at least 8 other doctors" you were not able to produce any old medical records. The doctor exerted her due diligence by ordering appropriate work up for your stated condition, the few tests ordered, which you declined in it's majority, were very basic and the standard of care. The doctor never asked you to complete any test before refilling your prescription rather you stated you had enough medication and you were waiting on the brand name of the drug to be available for you to pick up. The doctor did inquire about the source of the other Drugs you were taking, to make sure you did have another physician in charge of them, as this is not the kind of medication prescribed by Dr Ramirez at all. Our records indicate that you arrived a half hour earlier than your actual appointment and you were seen within half hour after your actual appointed time. We congratulate you in making the right choice by refraining from making inappropriate and misconstrued commentaries about the doctor to other patients in the waiting room. You would have been surprised that many of them have been seen the doctor for even a decade and would stand to correct you and praise the good doctor. We do hope that you find a neurologist that best matches your needs and preferences and we wish you the best of health. Readers may visit our own webpage for testimonials of our many long term patients. Office Manager, Advanced Neurology of Katy

May 1st, 2011
WORST DOCTOR EVER!!!!!
Please do not waste your time going to this incompetent doctor. So she changes the name of her office hoping that will mask the incompetency but guess what: SHE IS STILL A BAD DOCTOR. SHE SHOULD HAVE HER LICENSE REVOKED!!!!!!!
Doctor's Response

Dr. Ramirez is a very caring, competent and a board certified Neurologist. Upon the addition of a new doctor to the practice in the summer of 2010, a joint decision was made to change the clinic name for two reasons; one was to reflect the preferences and tastes of BOTH doctors and another that an overseas company wishes to use the name "neuroi" for the manufacture of medical equipment and has contacted us to release the name. Dr. Ramirez, a compassionate doctor named Houston Top Doctor 2010 and 2011 by H Magazine, with exemplary character and community reputation does NOT qualify for revocation of license. While we are sorry you perceived your experience at our office as a "waste of time", we encourage you to find a great doctor that best fits your needs. Wishing you the best of health, Office Manager, Advanced Neurology of Katy.

April 12th, 2011
Billing nightmare
I suggest you do not visit this doctor. The staff is rude and untrained. She is totally uninvolved in any complaints.There are many well run doctor's offices in Houston, this is not one of them.
Doctor's Response

Thanks for your comments. Our staff is trained to be courteous and efficient, and to offer apologies even when not at fault of any wrong doing. We value our patients and treat them with most respect and consideration. Doctor Ramirez loves to hear from patients, however, she does request that communications be sent in writing in consideration and fairness to all parties involved. Our website even has a form to send commentaries directly to the doctor for consideration under the section of testimonials. We realize that there is not a perfect clinic, doctor or patient, rather patients should find practices that best match their specific needs. We would welcome the opportunity to receive a written communication from you and use your constructive criticism to improve our practice. Thanks for taking time to comment. Wishing you the best of health, Office Manager Advanced Neurology of Katy

January 14th, 2011
Don't go to Dr. Ramirez!
I am very unhappy with her service, and will seek out another neurologist as soon as possible. I have waited in her waiting room from 1 1/2 to 2 hours past every appointment time, her staff is rude, and whenever I need something and call between appointments, it takes 2-3 days for someone to get back to me. She also refused to help me with paperwork I needed assistance with that only a doctor could help me with. I do not recommend her.
Doctor's Response

Thanks for your commentary. Our office offers two types of appointments: group and individual. Group appointments have the benefit of flexibility of arrival time but have longer waiting periods, sometimes in excess of one hour. Individual appointments have shorter waiting periods usually less than half hour, but offer no flexibility of arrival time. We suggest requesting individual appointments if unable or unwilling to wait and able to commit to a certain arrival time. Upon arrival to the office all new patients are provided with our policies in writing. Unfortunately, we fill only a limited amount and type of forms as stated in our policies. Forms requiring detailed information as to the amount of weight a patient can lift or the degree of range of motion limitation, for example, are best taken to a professional with capabilities to measure these. It would be to the patient's disadvantage to get a form filled incompletely, so we avoid this situation by referring the patient to the appropriate professional. We hope that you find a professional that would best match your needs and wish you the best of health, Office Manager, Advanced Neurology of Katy

October 26th, 2010
nice lady
but better docs out there and oh she worked wit my insurence to get my meds.
Doctor's Response

Thanks for you commentas. We believe that there are no better or worse patients, rather patients would be matched to doctors that best fit their needs. We are glad you mentioned Dr. Ramirez' hard work with insurance companies' prior authorization procedures. These "red-tape" procedures are time consuming for the doctor, but she gladly goes thru them to assure that the patients get the medication they need. Also Dr. Ramirez has helped numerous patients receive free medication from the different patient assistance programs. Our staff and the doctor go the extra mile to help medicare patients during their "donut-hole" with their prescription program. One way or another, Dr. Ramirez has helped hundreds of patient in obtaining their much needed medications. Our website has a list of discount and assisted prescription programs under the "Financial Assistance" tab. We wish you the best of health. Office Manager, Advanced Neurology of Katy

October 20th, 2010
Would never go there again!!!
Doctor's Response

Thanks for your comments. We would welcome the opportunity to work with your constructive criticism and would love for you to write to us or the fill the form in our website. We hope that you find a doctor that best matches your needs and preferences. Wishing you the best of health, Office Manager, Advanced Neurology of Katy

June 23rd, 2010
Great office and doctor
The staff was great from the first phone call. For starters I didn't get a multiple choice answering device, a real person answered the call. I was able to give my info and get the appointment in the same call, as opposed to leaving a message to call me back later. On the appointed day I did have to wait a bit since I chose a group appointment. The doctor was very nice and took her time with me. My follow up tests were handled expediently. I recommended her to a family member, who was also pleased. I was not surprised to see her listed in the H-Magazine 2010 Houston's Top Doctor list.

Thanks, Office Manager, Advanced Neurology of Katy

March 29th, 2010
THE STAFF IN HER OFFICE VERY UNHELPFUL, THIS IS NOT A WAY TO TREAT YOUR PATIENT, DO NOT EVER GO THERE, THERE ARE MANY OTHER DOCTORS AND STAFF WHO CARES ABOUT PEOPLE NOT JUST MONEY.
Doctor's Response

Our staff is trained to be courteous, respectful and efficient. Our staff goes thru dozens of daily patient's requests, messages, referrals and pre-authorization. Despite each staff is assigned to a particular area, they are all cross-trained to assist patients. The office provides numerous services to patient's at none to little cost to them. Dr. Ramirez has provided free services to numerous well qualified indigent-patients, not only in the office but also at local hospitals. Unfortunately this office like any other business has financial obligations and we must collect the patient's portion of the bill not covered by insurance. Those without insurance are offered price plans well below the city standard. Overall we are proud of our commitment to provide cost effective neurological care to the community. We hope you find a physician that best fits your particular needs and wish you the best of health. Office Manager, Advanced Neurology of Katy

November 18th, 2009
Choose a different neurologist!
My husband went in to see this doctor after the wait to see Dr. Diaz was too long - big mistake! In about 10 minutes after watching my husband (47) walk down the hall and back, draw a circle on a paper in the air, and discussing a symptom, proceeded to tell us flat out that he had Parkinson's disease, no cure, and should try to enjoy his life and should try some early Parkinson's treatments at Baylor. This diagnosis, she said, was based on her 5 minute evaluation that he didn't swing his left arm as much as he swung his right, and his hand shook very slightly as he drew the circle. She ordered expensive and immediate brain mri's, and the results were perfect. Subsequent doctors told us he in no way shape or form had any signs of Parkinson's and should cut back on the coctails. Even if she had been correct in her diagnosis, her very flippant bed side manner should make anyone weary. Awful experience!!!! Completely incompetent doctor.
Doctor's Response

Per Dr Ramirez: "Parkinson's Disease is recognized by the world leading experts as a disease best diagnosed clinically (thru history taking and neurological exam). All patients receive a thorough evaluation and many tests are ordered to exclude other illnesses that look like Parkinson's. There are no blood or radiological test that can be done to prove or disprove the diagnosis of Parkinson's Disease, rather clinicians must rely on history and observations to reach the diagnosis. All patients with apparent diagnosis of Parkinson's are given the opportunity of been referred to a specialized program where they could get a second opinion or get newly available drugs not available to our clinic" Dr Ramirez is heartedly sorry that you mistook her confidence as a diagnostician with "flippancy" but is unable to further comment of your particular diagnosis to protect your privacy. We hope that you find a physician that best fits your particular needs and wish you the best of health. Office Manager, Advanced Neurology of Katy

November 2nd, 2009
Caring and thorough
She spent a significant amount of time with me getting my history and explaining my diagnosis. She armed me with education and information about my condition. The staf was quick to schedule my tests and referrals. A few days after my first visit the staff called me just to see how I was doing, this was completely unexpected and a pleasant surprise. When I called to advance my appointment because of new symptoms I was accomodated promptly. Overall a great experience would recommend her to my friends and family.

Thanks, Office Manager, Advanced Neurology of Katy