Dr. Maria Samsonov MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

February 16th, 2016
My experience with Dr Samsonov
Warning! Though the doctor was pleasant, tests and shots were given without consulting me about fees and copays that I would incur. Even more importantly, the doctor was not willing to change meds when they weren't working for me. After 3 months of inadequate communication and feeling increasingly worse, I ended up seeing a specialist and was immediately prescribed a simpler (and less expensive!) medication that worked for me. Communication was terrible and required many office visits (and copays) to just ask questions. It was very frustrating being her patient. She seemed too busy with herself. I felt that she was indifferent and uncaring. This is my first review of any doctor, but I felt that I needed to warn others.

October 3rd, 2014
home visit - oldie but goodie
She goes to see my aunt at her assisted living facility with no extra fees through her new SF location. Her staff follow-up and respond to my aunt's needs in a timely fashion, which is breath of fresh air. Seems to have that special touch with the elderly, so hard to find now a days.

August 17th, 2012
I drove from Santa Cruz to see her since she returned back to the city. Totally worth it though parking sucks.

July 8th, 2010
awesome!
Super intelligent and nice doc. Totally personable. I am completely bummed she is leaving Napa. I and my family would follow her practice if she were to stay withing driving distance.

April 4th, 2010
Wonderful M.D. terrible office manager
I love coming to this Dr. she is wonderful! However, the wait time was terrible and when I asked to talk to a manager regarding this, she was incredibly rude and uncaring about my time. She was very degrading. If this M.D. had new office staff, she would be the perfect Dr. to go see, but putting up with her office staff almost makes seeing her not worth it.

November 14th, 2009
dwyn
she took care of my mother until her passing and was with us all the way. she spent a ton of time counseling me when i fell under pressure becuase of having to care for mom. much appreciated personal time.

September 9th, 2009
It is true the wait time is horrible. She has to be paged sometimes to come over from the hospital when I have an appointment. Never less than an hour to get in even when you have an appt., But she is the best doctor ever. She is kind, caring and exceptionally nice. If they could fix the staffing problem it would be great. They had a temp for awhile upfront and she was great. The regular help fights in front of patients and is very grumpy. But the doctor is awesome.

August 28th, 2009
very kind and caring lady.answered all of our questions, even drew! can fit you in last minute, occassionally overbooks.

June 13th, 2009
no attitude
easy to talk to. direct. gives lots of info.

June 10th, 2009
detail oriented doctor
The wait time can be long but she is worth it. She spent an hour with me and picked up irregular rhythm the previous doctor missed. I have had wonderful care and follow up and she even made an appointment for me with the heart doctor so I would not need to worry.

May 29th, 2009
HORRIBLE OFFICE STAFF
1st - the receptionists all are too busy gossiping about everything and dont even try to interrupt while they cluck away because they are super rude about helping you. 2nd - time management - everytime ive gone there i get there 10 mins before my appt...they put you in the room 30-45 mins AFTER your appt and then the doctor doesnt come in for another 15-20 mins when the doc actually sees you he/she make you feel super rushed even though you have been WAITING for an hour...they see you for 5 mins and send you packing...barely listen to your issues/problems! 3rd - horrible service - one time i needed a simple form with 5 questions for the doc to fill out and then fax to my HR rep at work and they WOULDNT HELP me out at all they said they couldnt do it over the phone they needed me to make an appt (i live 40 mins away)and pay another co-pay JUST TO FILL OUT A SIMPLE 5 QUESTION FORM!!! WORST EXPERIENCES EVER!!! DO NOT GO TO THIS OFFICE!!!