Dr. Maria Serwonska MD Patient Reviews

• Allergy and Immunology South San Francisco, CA

3.8

October 20th, 2015
parent
I am giving 2 stars because she doesn't listen and made me feel like my concerns were not valid. Dr. Serwonska is very happy to tell you she works at UCSF when you see her at Kaiser. (?) She did not listen at all to what I said--only lectured me about how I am confusing colds with allergies until the test was completed. She told me it would be impossible for an 8 year old to "suddenly" develop dust mite allergies. I insisted he was tested and sure enough-he is highly allergic. I find it funny that only one person who reviewed her put any comments. The rest gave her 5 stars on every aspect but no comments. Sounds like family and friends giving fake ratings to me. Nothing about her deserves 5 stars. She rushed me, cut me off when I asked questions about the long term effects of my son's dust mite allergy, and told me to not even bother to to have other family members tested who also suffer from congestion because it was impossible that they would have allergies too. The only reason the overall rating is 2 stars instead of 1 is because her assistant was so sweet when my son got scared of the skin test.

September 11th, 2013
Parent
I have never been so disappointed in my life. I was told "I think too much" and she told me she is "old school." She was not even open to discussing my son's food allergies until after the RAST test showed he was highly allergic to 2 foods and then we ended up walking out with a prescription for an epi pen. She refused the need for further testing and hardly listened to me at all. Lots of lecturing which included details about her experience and my poor parenting/feeding skills. I have never been so shocked in my life. This is only part of it. I would put more detail but that would be too personal about my son's case.