Dr. Maria Suurna MD Patient Reviews

• Otolaryngology New York, NY

April 2nd, 2015
A+++ Doctor
I felt completely satisfied in every way with Dr. Suurna. She is extremely competent, caring and confident. She operated on me to remove two thyroid nodules. Nobody looks forward to surgery, but Dr. Suurna's wonderful bedside manner allayed my fears, and the surgery turned out not to be such a big deal. I recommend her wholeheartedly!!!

March 31st, 2015
Great surgeon and a very nice person.
Since I was a child I haven't been able to breathe easily through my nose. This caused me to suffer all sorts of problems including frequent runny noses, constant congestion and disruptive snoring. A colleague referred me to Dr. Suurna, and I'm so happy I went. After examining me she spent a long time patiently describing various options to me and answering all my questions. In the end I opted for surgery, and I'm extremely pleased with the results. I feel, very literally, like my life has been inspired by a breath of fresh air I never knew what it was like to breathe properly. Now, for the first time in my life I can breathe easily through my nose, and all the symptoms I suffered from for such a long time have improved immeasurably. Dr. Suurna is a great surgeon and a very nice person — caring, empathetic and attentive. I highly recommend her!

March 26th, 2015
Look no further
Another physician referred me to Dr. Suurna. She's an outstanding physician and an all around great person. For more than ten years I suffered from blocked nasal passages and difficulty breathing and it seemed to be getting worse. Dr. Suurna took the time patiently to explain to me the condition that I was suffering from and suggested surgery to treat it. Of course I was initially skeptical and fearful about undergoing surgery, after having lived with this condition for so many years. But Dr. Suurna calmed me and clearly explained the pros and cons of surgery vs. doing nothing She is extremely professional and pleasant, and her explanations were very helpful. It's now been several months since I had my surgery, and I can say without exaggeration that this surgery changed my life. I feel better, sleep better, and do not feel nearly as fatigued as I used to. I have a much better quality of life. Thank you Dr. Suurna!

March 26th, 2015
First Rate ENT Doctor
After suffering for a long time from serious throat pain I finally decided to go see a doctor about it. A friend recommended Dr. Suurna, and I'm so glad I came to see her. She's kind, caring and compassionate, with a great bedside manner, and most importantly she diagnosed me accurately, took care of the problem I had, and I feel immeasurably better now. I only wish I hadn't waited so long to go see her.

March 25th, 2015
Very good experience
Dr. Suurna performed surgery on me to remove a suspicious thyroid nodule. I was perfectly satisfied with the care I received. She was very kind and empathetic and took the time to explain the procedure to me and to reassure me. I thought I would be very anxious and nervous about the procedure but she put me at ease and everything went very smoothly.

March 24th, 2015
Five Star!!!
I had a great visit, would certainly visit again if I had to and would recommend Dr. Suurna without any hesitation. I consulted her because I was experiencing voice changes. I feel very satisfied with the advice and treatment she gave me. She was prompt, friendly and courteous and, most importantly, accurate in her diagnosis. If you need an ENT, go see Dr. Suurna!

March 24th, 2015
Very Satisfied
I've been to Dr. Suurna's several times for some hearing issues I was having, and I was always very satisfied with the care and treatment I received. I didn't have to wait long at the office. She's professional and pleasant. I would definitely recommend her.

March 17th, 2015
Great doctor!
I'm so grateful to Dr. Suurna for helping me with my chronic sinus problems She diagnosed the problem immediately, and I feel so much better now. She has a wonderful bedside manner. Usually I feel anxious about visiting doctors, but with her I felt completely comfortable an at ease. Actually, I'd say it was one of the best doctor's visits I've ever had!

March 15th, 2015
My Highest Recommendation!
I visited Dr. Suurna for a painful problem with my right ear. She was wonderful and she alleviated my pain with a quick procedure in her office. Her competence is only exceeded by her bedside manner and general friendliness. She made me feel like a person, not a number or just an ailment.

March 15th, 2015
Top notch surgeon
Dr. Suurna is one of the best ENT doctors and most talented surgeons I have ever encountered. Her competence, thoroughness, bedside manners and follow-up communications were impeccable. I would recommend her without reservations.

March 11th, 2015
Dr. Suurna Needs a Course in Bedside Manner
This doctor has the worst bedside manner that I have ever experienced. She basically asked me why I was there and then drew attention to a birth defect that I have by saying to me, "What's going on with your face?" When I showed confusion towards her prompt, she replied with, "Do you have Bell's Palsy?" I do not, and I was extremely offended. I have spent my whole life working on my self esteem and getting passed a cosmetic flaw that I was born with. Within a matter of 5 minutes, this so called "professional" sent me spiraling downward. I wanted to leave that office on the spot, but I knew that I had to be examined. Needless to say, I will NEVER recommend this doctor and I will do everything in my power to prevent people from seeing her. What is the point of filling out a medical form if the doctor will not even take the time to peruse it before coming in to meet her patient. My medical issue that this woman so blatantly questioned and belittled was mentioned on the pages of her patient form. I am extremely disappointed in my treatment by this doctor and I write this in hopes of preventing others from having such a negative experience.

January 21st, 2015