Dr. Maria Sy-Vinluan MD Patient Reviews

3.0

• Good
  • Bad

January 31st, 2012
best doctor experience of my life
ever since i was a child, i hated going to the doctor's office. i have serious anxiety every time i go. dr. syvinluan is the warmest, most caring doctor, and all my anxieties were abated during my visit to her office. she also could figure out some obscure medical condition that i was experiencing, just by having me list a couple of symptoms (i got a blood test to double check, and she was 100% accurate!). the staff was also very friendly and considerate. this is the first time in my entire life that i have felt comfortable with a doctor, and i would recommend her to anyone!

May 18th, 2011
Totally incompetent!
She has no clue about anything, I have had to sit in a small room with the door shut for more than an hour on several occasions. I finally walked out! Do not go to this woman if you value your life! Her knowledge of medicine is limited at best, her state of mind is pure confusion..she can't keep track of what is going on or what she is doing.

April 14th, 2009
She's utterly incompetant
On multiple accasions, I scheduled an appointment for a specific reason yet when I arrived, the staff had no idea why I was there. Even after explaining my purpose to the reception staff, the Doctor still didn't know why I was there. For example, I scheduled a full physical months in advance. When I got there, they had only scheduled me for a 15-min visit. Instead of getting me in for a full workup, the doctor deemed me "fine" and said I didn't need a physical since I'd done bloodwork with my OBGYN. Another time, I needed vacinnations for international travel. When I asked her which ones I needed, she siad I should find out for myself and come back with a specific list. The number she gave me to call said I should ask my PCP. This went back and forth until I finally got lucky and had to see another doctor because mine was out. The fill-in doc told me what I needed and got me out the door in 15 minutes.

September 14th, 2015