inactive

Maria A Tapiasauerman MD Patient Reviews

3.9

November 9th, 2014
Has good bedside manner w/kids & appears to have excellent diagnostic skills. However, became disenchanted w/her in the last year or so. After the last couple of appt.'s w/he,r noticed she started to become "parenty." Don't tell me how to parent when you're bold enough to admit you didn't toilet train your own child til they were older, mine were trained before their 3rd b-day, thank you very much! I became annoyed also when I called for a refill of a med & she refused to refill it after it contradicted her initial treatment plan. I felt disrespected. Noticed a snarky streak. To top it off it's impossible to get an appt. w/the Northside office that isn't weeks out in the last three years & they're always re-routing you to the urgent care downtown! Office needs more full-time clinicians. Would recommend her, but w/reservations.

October 26th, 2014
Spends a lot of time with patient and willing to answer all questions

February 3rd, 2014
Grateful mom
I love Dr. Tapia. She has always been awesome with both of my kids. She is great with my 16 year old son! He is at that age - were everything is annoying. Ha! Dr. Tapia has a great bed side manner! I would recommend her to every parent!

September 19th, 2012
I have no problem with Dr. Tapia-Sauerman she is a competent physician, just a little rushed at times. Though I am disappointed w/this Presbyterian office branch & it's organization. I used to be able to get in fairly quickly w/in a few days or so for a minor but to some degree of urgent medical matter. However, this has not been the case in the last year or so & am often left w/being referred to the Presbyterian Pediatric urgent care which is one notch short of essentially being told to go to the e.r. as it's all the way downtown at the hosp's main campus, & unecessary as it takes away from those in greater need. The only other Ped's Urgent care which is closer on Montgomery doesn't accept our insurance. Am disappointed in Presbyterian for not offering an pediatric urgent care center closer. Since Presbyterian Northside doesn't appear to be offering same day to sooner appts. anymore.

January 11th, 2012
She is the greatest. She takes every complaint serious and takes her time with each of my kids. She always calls me back in a timely matter.She is always cheerful and I love her office and staff. I wish she could be my doc but I'm too old!