Dr. Maria Veturia-Tulpan MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.2

August 20th, 2016
excellent

April 15th, 2015
Great doctor
Dr Tulpan is a very competent doctor and a caring person. The exam was thorough, she answered all my questions and her advise was not only based on sound medical practice but also on a healthy and appropriate lifestyle, which I truly appreciate and find comforting. Her staff was friendly and efficient, and it was so convenient to be able to go there on Saturday!

April 3rd, 2015
Caring and competent doctor
Maria visited me for the first time 2 years ago. I was a bit worried about my cholesterol and my thyroid. I live in Sorrento, on the Amalfi Coast in southern Italy, and thyroid illness is very frequent in the area due to the presence of "tufo" in the old houses, a particular kind of stone, and to the lack of iodine. She was friendly and warm. She took in person my blood for examination and I didn't feel any pain, even if my veins are very difficult to be found and I was a bit scared because, when other doctors took my blood in the past, they had to try a lot of times and after that my arms were painful for several days. What a miracle for me: with just one try, Maria has been able to take my blood! She made me do an exam for the thyroid. After getting the results, she told me I didn't need any medicine, no statins for the cholesterol, which my doctor in Italy prescribed, and no medicine for the thyroid. She told me to be more careful about food and exercise. So now every winter when I am, as usual, in New York City for a few months I see her. She repeats all exams to check again my situation. Since then, my cholesterol is down and my thyroid is still fine and under control. I want again to thank Maria: she is a competent doctor who truly cares about the well being of her patients.

March 23rd, 2015
DO NOT VISIT
Worst experience ever with a doctor. They were shady with my test results saying they never received them. It was a biopsy you do not hold out the test results to try to get extra money from the patient. I got the biopsy on the 12th it was faxed on the 13th and its is now the 23rd and the office was trying to tell me they still did not have the results from the biopsy. I would not recommend going to this doctor, she did not spend a lot of time with me going over anything and the office staff is horrible! Also very shady and cruel to make someone worry about results due to their lies!

January 23rd, 2015
First Time Visit
My first visit with Dr. Tulpan was awful. She was extremely rude and judgemental. She talo me I was an attractive woman but now "Look at you!" Referring to my weight. She treated me as if I weren't there half the time and said she'd call me on Monday with my results and to discuss them. That was three months ago and I'm still waiting for the call. If you want a doctor who will treat you like a fellow human being, go elsewhere.

October 4th, 2013
not interested in talking about my problem. dismissive.
another doctor who doesn't really care about healing. she just does some tests and prescribes medication. she is not interested in what you have to say and i don't get the feeling she is on top of any advancements in her field. she's by the book, which to me means she's not a good doctor. disappointed.

April 13th, 2013
DR. TULPAN IS AN OUTSTANDING IN DIAGNOSIS OF MY CASE AND TAKING CARE OF THE PROBLEM.

February 21st, 2013
Mixed results
Dr. Tulpan was able to test for and recognize a potentially life-threatening condition, and ordered prophylactic medication to prevent a crisis while I was recently delivering my son—another endo I saw who was affiliated with my OB's office decided to ignore my test results and not put emergency measures in place, which would have been very bad, given the course my labor took. However, I've called four times now to discuss what our next steps should be—routine treatment, testing, typing?—and have never received a call back. She also told my OB at least twice that she planned to call me to discuss test results, and never did. Four stars for convincing my OB to have possibly life-saving measures in place, one star for communication skills. I have to find another endocrinologist to follow me now because Dr. Tulpan is so utterly unavailable.

January 25th, 2013
I would not recommend Dr. Tulpan, she is scattered, never remembers me, is sometimes confused why I'm there, always asks me the same questions about my background, and does not call me with results. i have to call her and leave a message, then after a while she calls back

September 20th, 2012
Unprofessional
First of all in order to obtain an initial consultation, I couldn't even get through on the phone since person answering kept putting me on hold...finally got appointment...after a few tests were performed outside of office I had to repeatedly call to get test results. Finally giving up since this doctor obviously is too busy to return calls. Horrible!!!

July 19th, 2012
Dr. Tulpan is an excellent doctor. Do not let her seemingly abrupt and "woman of few words" style fool you. That is just her style - get over it. She is an excellent, caring doctor, concerned about getting it right, not overcharging, and apologizing and making it right if/when someone in her office makes an administrative mistake. Be a human being when you go. Bringing your humanity and sense of humor to your appointment will go far. Doctors and their staffs are human beings, too.

June 21st, 2012
Dr. Tulpan was very rude, judgemental and most importantly- WRONG!!! I went in, presenting symptoms of hypothyroidism, all of which she attributed to poor diet and lack of what she deemed "adequate exercise" (symptoms including hair loss, fainting spells and extended menstruation). After 2 days of my calling to get my test results back, she finally called to say I had a Vitamin D deficiency, which of course is a side effect of-hypothyroidism. I promptly made an appointment with a different endocrinologist who indeed confirmed that I was suffering from hypothyroidism and also detected PCOS! Dr. Tulpan either needs a refresher course in her specialty or to give up her practice, because clearly her patients health is the last thing she is concerned with!