Psychiatrist

2.0

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
 |  WARNING  |  show details
by Nick G on Jul 25th, 2013

For the past 25 years, I’ve been in treatment for and anxiety disorder and ADHD. Throughout this time I’ve seen 5 different psychiatrists. Dr. Maria Vega is by far the worst. I paid her 275 dollar fee, and was called into her office. I felt uncomfortable with her almost immediately and realized I’d made an expensive mistake. In a rude and arrogant tone she began to fire off generic and irreverent questions, her head down and face buried in sheets of paper with the questions she read. Her speech was very rapid and tense. If I tried to steer my answers in a more personal direction or interjected explanations of my issues, she became angry and combative. At the end of the hour session, she told me that I have an anxiety disorder and ADHD for which I needed to schedule an appointment with her next week if I want treatment. This doctor is what is wrong in the medical profession. Don’t misunderstand, I don’t have a problem with her going through some steps in her diagnosis, but in my 25 years experience with psychiatrists, this process is personal and specific to me. Also the only reason for having me come back in a week is to collect another fee. My previous doctor’s fees were all less than half of Dr. Vega's, and they all had much more experience, were published, with great track records for helping their patients.

|  Great HELP!  |  show details
Mar 13th, 2013

I would definitely recommend Dr.Vega, she is very caring and really knows her stuff. Little by little I have started to feel better and she has a lot to do with it.

|  Good doc  |  show details
Mar 10th, 2013

Good doc...I don't what the other reviewers are talking about.

|  show details
Sep 19th, 2012

This doctor is disgusting. Yelled at my daughter and made her cry throughout the whole visit. I can't believe someone could actually treat another person like that, especially a young girl looking for help.

|  Great Doc  |  show details
Sep 16th, 2012

I have been going to Dr.Vega for 2 years and she has been the best! I could not ask for a better doc! She has always taken her time with me and made sure that I was taken care of. I have always felt that she truly cares for me. I will never leave her office because she is one of those doctors that loves their profession.

|  She IS AWFUL  |  show details
Jun 5th, 2012

She made me feel awful. She didn't care about me at. The whole time she was looking at her phone and trying to stifle yawns. I can't believe someone who cares so little about people would go into the medical profession. DO NOT GO TO HER. SHE IS AWFUL

|  excellent  |  show details
Dec 21st, 2011

very nice doctor

|  show details
Aug 10th, 2011

Overall, the doc was very nice and truly listened to what I had to say. Have been going to her for about 6 months and have not felt this good in some time! I would recommend her without hesitation. In regards to the other reviews about her fees...they are not very expensive there are other docs that charge a lot more. Now a days most docs are asking for the money upfront, nothing new there!!

|  Money...Money....Money  |  show details
Apr 12th, 2011

This lady just cares about money and how you are going to pay. Spends more time asking about insurance than about your problems.

|  Caring Physician?  |  show details
Nov 4th, 2010

I accompanied my daughter for her initial appointment with Dr. Vega. The doctor would not accept any insurance. $275 was to be paid up front before she opened the door. She was cold and impersonal to my daughter, insisting on being paid first without the benefit of a consultation. My daughter's card was declined so the doctor told her to go find an ATM down the street. I offered to pay with my card, but I asked my daughter if she truly felt this was the type of physician she wanted to confide in and did she really feel someone like this could benefit her mental health. Needless to say, we walked out without hesitation.