A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Maria Velez:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Maria Velez is Excellent.
Prepare before visiting Dr. Velez
Specialties & Research
Dr. Maria Velez, MD is board certified in Internal Medicine and Gastroenterology.
- She has special expertise in 5 areas:
- Acid Reflux Disease (Gastroesophageal Reflux / GERD)
- Hepatitis C
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Ulcerative Colitis
Education & Awards
Dr. Velez graduated from University of Puerto Rico, San Juan.
Dr. Velez has 2 hospital affiliations:
- Houston Va Medical Center
- Houston Veterans Affairs Medical Center
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Maria Eugenia Velez MD is a female Internist, has 36 years of experience and practices in Internal Medicine and Gastroenterology.
- Where does Dr. Maria E. Velez practice?
- Dr. Maria Velez has 1 office location.
Dr. Maria Velez practices Internal Medicine and Gastroenterology near Houston, TX.
See Houston Internists and Houston Gastroenterologists.