Internist

3.0

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
Never going here again show details Never going here again
by not a happy patient on Jun 1st, 2016

This is the most dirty and nastiest office I have ever been to. In the waiting room was dead bugs, used the bathroom and I thought I was going to pass out from the smell of urine. A big bug was walking across the floor on my way to my room, the nurse acted as if she didn't see it but trust I know she did Ray Charles could have seen that big bug. After having a scheduled appointment and waiting for more than an hour and a half. I usually don't wait for anyone this long because I feel just as you feel your day is important so is mine. Once I finally saw the doctor she was talking about things that didn't even concern me.

Mar 31st, 2016

The conditions of the office are unclean. The wait time was over 2.5 hours. The worst part about this experience is the dr prescribed a medication I indicated I was allergic to. I called the next day to ask why I was put on it and they admitted they didn't know. Complete negligence! I could have died

Jan 4th, 2016

After waiting 2hours I left without seeing the doctor. My schedule is busy also, don't overbook the appointments. If the doctor is running late keep the patient posted. I thought I would be finish in an hour and half tops. I guess I got fooled. Shame on me

Oct 12th, 2015

The nurse complains about the office staff to me. I am a patient and don't want to hear complaints about the office staff. I want to see Dr. Walker and not a PA.

Big improvement show details Big improvement
by Beth Jones on Aug 19th, 2015

The new staff is much better. Wait times are less and I am really relieved to see the front desk smiling and so helpful.

by Sandra Duncan on Aug 19th, 2015

I am very dissatisfied with their service. I am planning to switch over to another doctor.

SLOOOOOOOOWWWW show details SLOOOOOOOOWWWW
May 21st, 2014

I had an appointment for 8:30 am, however the Dr. didn't arrive until 9:15 am. I was told that she starts seeing patient at 9:30A.M. Why would her staff book appointments for 8:30A.M, (if one is a returning consumer), and the doctor doesn't arrive until 9:15 and starts seeing customers at 9:30. I finally left their office at 10:45 and all I needed was a refill on a prescription. Then they charged my insurance company over $500.00 for the visit where I got weight, pulse taking, blood pressure measured and my throat looked at. I would not recommend this office if your time is important to you because it's certainly not important to them. Yes, the Doctor was friendly and full of stories, but what about respecting me and MY time as they are IMPORTANT to me just as there time is important to them.

rude front office staff` show details rude front office staff`
by concerned patient on Sep 9th, 2013

The front office staff at this doctor's office is so rude!! I called to ask questions regarding my health and they act as if I am doing them a favor by coming to this office. I am not quite sure what is going on here but I am going to find another doctor after this visit..

by C. P. on May 17th, 2013

I have been coming to this office for over 20yrs. I have always tolerated her front desk staff. BUT, there is a new employee there and her name is Shiela. She was rude and didn't know anything that she was doing. Shiela gave me the wrong information regarding my insurance information. When I proceeded to correct her she got very irritated and just plain RUDE! Dr. Walker, GET RID OF HER ASAP!

We had to stop going ! show details We had to stop going !
Apr 18th, 2013

My fiance and I and his mother use to go to Maria L walker Every visit the staff got more rude and the wait time got longer im talking 1 hour 30 min after a scheduled appointment !!!! We would call the office for prescription refills and be put on hold for 10 min. I once had a pap smear done at this office and was waiting for my results I end up calling up there because it was taking way to long for my results to come in guess what THEY LOST MY PAP SMEAR THAT WAS DONE ! which means I had to drive back up there and wait another hour after a scheduled appointment .(this is a true story ask her about it ) My fiance has diabetes and would go to Maria Walker and get switched to different medicine almost every visit ! My fiance is the kind of man where he wont really take anything too serious unless the doctor show concern (he wasn't listening to me ) I would literally have to tell Maria walker to tell him what he should eat and how important Exercise is etc...I mean Im not even the doctor and im telling you what to tell him! The last appointment i went to she was in and out in about 2 min. not even listening to me . We tried so hard to stay with maria walker because we had been going here for years finally I told my family we deserve better and we should find another family practice .Im happy to report my fiance is losing the weight,taking his health serious after his new doctor showed great concern and was straight forward with him while at the same time showing compassion and I don't think i will have any issues with our new doctor when its time for another pap smear

Simply the worst show details Simply the worst
by Lloyd S on Mar 5th, 2013

Went to the Piedmont Minor Emergency Clinic which is staffed by Physician Assistants only. Terrible staff, long wait (even though the place was empty), terrible provider. The reason I had to wait was because the PA was on "lunch break" even though the clinic is walk in and is open from 8am to 8pm. Don't go to this run down, ghetto clinic.

Jul 13th, 2012

Love the changes Dr Walker has made to the back office. The new nurse Melody is very dependable and takes the time to answer questions. In the past I have called the office no one has called me back. This time I called and my call was returned within an hour. Looking good Doc!

great doc. show details great doc.
Mar 14th, 2012

Have been seeing Dr. Walker for 10 years and have had nothing but great Medical service from Her.

"'RUN FOR YOUR LIFE" show details "'RUN FOR YOUR LIFE"
Dec 31st, 2011

I havent seen Dr. Walker in 2 years. Dr. Walker has another Doctor taking care of her patients. This doctor is just as confused and impassionate as Dr. Walker. How can you run a medical practice with your computers always being down? Because of this you are unable to get IMPORTANT test results. If the patient does not call, they NEVER get there test results.I have had to physically go there to get test results. This time we have a CANCER scare. I dont know if you read the reviews or care about the reviews written by your patients. Your practice has been quickly going down hill for the past 7yrs. RETIRE!!! The respect you had from the Health Care Community has diminished. DO NOT BECOME A FUTURE PATIENT. CURRENT PATIENTS RUN WITH YOUR LIFE

Feb 18th, 2011

I was given the wrong medication from Dr. Walker. She is a good Doctor she just have two many patients. she's in and out of the room so fast until I think she forgets who gets what, and the wait is so long I have fell asleep while in the room. They change staff so much until you don't get the chance to know any one there. I was also given a roceplin shot without lidocaine and the doctor told me it was ok. I am looking for a doctor that will have time for me, and treat my health problems which are not many.

Prepare to spend the day at the office! show details Prepare to spend the day at the office!
Dec 31st, 2010

It doesn't matter what you come in for or how early you come, you are going to wait at least an hour to see her. She comes in and is finished with you in less than 3-5 mins. So I just don't see the problem.

Dr. Walker is great show details Dr. Walker is great