Family Practitioner, Internists

5040 Snapfinger Woods Dr
Ste 108
Decatur, GA 30035
770-981-0600
Locations and availability (4)

2.0

Some ratings provided by DrScore. Yahoo. Kudzu.
 |  Money or Rapport!!!  |  show details
by IJS... on Feb 4th, 2014

Dr. Walker...YOU are RUDE and going through a life crisis...Your demeanor and respect for staff shows with the MANY MANY people that come and go in your practice and at the location on Piedmont. The type of care that is given reflects YOU and what you allow to happen. Every time I go in to be seen at the Piedmont location it is a different girl. That should tell the public that the problem is with the staffing/Dr. relationship with the staff. There is a new girl in the Piedmont office that is in the back office, she is sooo sweet and helpful and she has not been there long (because a month ago she was not there). I think you need to keep that type of personality for the back staff and DEFINITELY for the front staff there needs to be some changes!! Who allows smacking of gum, food and drinks and lazy behavior. This is what I saw when I went in to be seen on the front desk...The lady at the front desk (with glasses) didn't know how to answer questions, she was talking to me with food in her mouth, she didn't know how to answer the phone and she was FAR from professional. The office lobby is dark and unwelcoming! But I guess you just want the money and not the presentation!! Horrible place to come to when sick!! I hope the rude lady at the front desk (with glasses) gets replaced SOON and the new girl in the back (less than a month being there) finds a job that utilizes her skills and professionalism with respect. RUN GIRL RUN!! Dr. Walker, YOU should be ashamed to have these concerns from so many people! My scoring reflects the front staff and the doctor I saw...Dr. Thompson is money hungry just like Dr. Walker..

|  rude front office staff`  |  show details
by concerned patient on Sep 9th, 2013

The front office staff at this doctor's office is so rude!! I called to ask questions regarding my health and they act as if I am doing them a favor by coming to this office. I am not quite sure what is going on here but I am going to find another doctor after this visit..

by C. P. on May 17th, 2013

I have been coming to this office for over 20yrs. I have always tolerated her front desk staff. BUT, there is a new employee there and her name is Shiela. She was rude and didn't know anything that she was doing. Shiela gave me the wrong information regarding my insurance information. When I proceeded to correct her she got very irritated and just plain RUDE! Dr. Walker, GET RID OF HER ASAP!

|  We had to stop going !  |  show details
Apr 18th, 2013

My fiance and I and his mother use to go to Maria L walker Every visit the staff got more rude and the wait time got longer im talking 1 hour 30 min after a scheduled appointment !!!! We would call the office for prescription refills and be put on hold for 10 min. I once had a pap smear done at this office and was waiting for my results I end up calling up there because it was taking way to long for my results to come in guess what THEY LOST MY PAP SMEAR THAT WAS DONE ! which means I had to drive back up there and wait another hour after a scheduled appointment .(this is a true story ask her about it ) My fiance has diabetes and would go to Maria Walker and get switched to different medicine almost every visit ! My fiance is the kind of man where he wont really take anything too serious unless the doctor show concern (he wasn't listening to me ) I would literally have to tell Maria walker to tell him what he should eat and how important Exercise is etc...I mean Im not even the doctor and im telling you what to tell him! The last appointment i went to she was in and out in about 2 min. not even listening to me . We tried so hard to stay with maria walker because we had been going here for years finally I told my family we deserve better and we should find another family practice .Im happy to report my fiance is losing the weight,taking his health serious after his new doctor showed great concern and was straight forward with him while at the same time showing compassion and I don't think i will have any issues with our new doctor when its time for another pap smear

|  Simply the worst  |  show details
by Lloyd S on Mar 5th, 2013

Went to the Piedmont Minor Emergency Clinic which is staffed by Physician Assistants only. Terrible staff, long wait (even though the place was empty), terrible provider. The reason I had to wait was because the PA was on "lunch break" even though the clinic is walk in and is open from 8am to 8pm. Don't go to this run down, ghetto clinic.

Jul 13th, 2012

Love the changes Dr Walker has made to the back office. The new nurse Melody is very dependable and takes the time to answer questions. In the past I have called the office no one has called me back. This time I called and my call was returned within an hour. Looking good Doc!

|  great doc.  |  show details
Mar 14th, 2012

Have been seeing Dr. Walker for 10 years and have had nothing but great Medical service from Her.

|  "'RUN FOR YOUR LIFE"  |  show details
Dec 31st, 2011

I havent seen Dr. Walker in 2 years. Dr. Walker has another Doctor taking care of her patients. This doctor is just as confused and impassionate as Dr. Walker. How can you run a medical practice with your computers always being down? Because of this you are unable to get IMPORTANT test results. If the patient does not call, they NEVER get there test results.I have had to physically go there to get test results. This time we have a CANCER scare. I dont know if you read the reviews or care about the reviews written by your patients. Your practice has been quickly going down hill for the past 7yrs. RETIRE!!! The respect you had from the Health Care Community has diminished. DO NOT BECOME A FUTURE PATIENT. CURRENT PATIENTS RUN WITH YOUR LIFE

Jul 18th, 2011

Everytime I go to this office, I try and get the first appointment at 9:00am. I get there early, and then I end up waiting to see the doctor until after 10:00am. I asked the nurse were is Dr. Walker and she will say that she is not here yet. My appointment was at 9:00 and at 10:00 the doctor still is not in. Why make appointments starting at 9:00, if the doctor does not get in until after 10:00. The front office was very polite when I went in January 2011, I just went back and it is a different person at the front desk. You can hear her running in the hall, and Dr. Walker is in and out of the room so fast, THERE IS NO TRUE CARE IN 2-3 MINUTES. DO NOT GO TO THIS DOCTOR, UNLESS YOU WANT TO SPEND YOUR WHOLE DAY. I have talked to other patients and they said they have waited as much as 4 1/2 hours to be seen!!!

Feb 18th, 2011

I was given the wrong medication from Dr. Walker. She is a good Doctor she just have two many patients. she's in and out of the room so fast until I think she forgets who gets what, and the wait is so long I have fell asleep while in the room. They change staff so much until you don't get the chance to know any one there. I was also given a roceplin shot without lidocaine and the doctor told me it was ok. I am looking for a doctor that will have time for me, and treat my health problems which are not many.

|  Prepare to spend the day at the office!  |  show details
Dec 31st, 2010

It doesn't matter what you come in for or how early you come, you are going to wait at least an hour to see her. She comes in and is finished with you in less than 3-5 mins. So I just don't see the problem.

|  Dr. Walker is great  |  show details
by HAC the B on Apr 10th, 2009

I love Dr. Walker.

by Marilyn on Mar 21st, 2009 on yahoo.com

I have been Dr. Walker's patient for ~6 years. She is an amazing clinician and I would not think of leaving her. The staff ranges from kind and helpful to incompetent, but I tolerate them because of the high quality of medical care I receive from Dr. Walker.

Jan 18th, 2008 on yahoo.com

I loved the changes that Dr. Walker has made to the office staff!! Yes the front end staff has been a little rude in the past, but Dr. Walker has hired some young ladies that are very personable. Everyone that I have come in contact with have been very he

Jan 30th, 2007 on yahoo.com

TERRIBLE: I WENT TO THE OFFICE THE FRONT STAFF IS TERRIBLE, ONE OF THE MALE THERE SMELL LIKE HE HAD BEEN DRINKING ALCOHOL, EVERY TIME I GO WHICH I WENT 4 TIMES IT A NEW STAFF, THAT OFFICE IS A MESS NEED A NEW OFFICE MANAGER

Jan 11th, 2006 on yahoo.com

I'll never return: I have visited this office several times and each time the customer service has been awful. There is a lack of professionalism throughout the staff. I recently changed to a new doctor.....

|  Bad Experience  |  show details
by DamaAmor on Nov 11th, 2005 on kudzu.com

They will not make a referral to a specialist for you unless you see them first, when it is an obvious referral. Wait time was extremely long and you rarely see the doctor, usually the nurse or I believe it was a resident???? They never really introduced themself. Switched doctors!

Read Full Review at kudzu.com