Dr. Maria Walker Is this you?

2.9

Neutral

Have you seen Dr. Maria Walker?

Looking for a Doctor

Posted on February 9th, 2017

I have been a patient of Dr Walker for 30 years. I'm very disappointed in the service or lack of service that she currently provides. I had an appt at 10:30; arrived at 10:10 and did not see a dr (Physican Assistant) until 2:15. I wanted to see Dr Walker, but apparently she had too many other patients. I did not want to see a PA because it seems that they really don't know what's going on. It was 4:30 before I left the office. As usual she was overbooked! The waiting area was very crowded with patients standing. BTW, the office had moved and no notifications were done. I'm awaiting test results that were done 6 days ago at Dekalb Medical Hospital. I've called with no response. The triage nurse, Annie, is the only consistency in that office. I've tried to be loyal, but I've got to find another doctor.

Never going here again

Posted on June 1st, 2016

This is the most dirty and nastiest office I have ever been to. In the waiting room was dead bugs, used the bathroom and I thought I was going to pass out from the smell of urine. A big bug was walking across the floor on my way to my room, the nurse acted as if she didn't see it but trust I know she did Ray Charles could have seen that big bug. After having a scheduled appointment and waiting for more than an hour and a half. I usually don't wait for anyone this long because I feel just as you feel your day is important so is mine. Once I finally saw the doctor she was talking about things that didn't even concern me.

Posted on March 31st, 2016

The conditions of the office are unclean. The wait time was over 2.5 hours. The worst part about this experience is the dr prescribed a medication I indicated I was allergic to. I called the next day to ask why I was put on it and they admitted they didn't know. Complete negligence! I could have died

Posted on January 4th, 2016

After waiting 2hours I left without seeing the doctor. My schedule is busy also, don't overbook the appointments. If the doctor is running late keep the patient posted. I thought I would be finish in an hour and half tops. I guess I got fooled. Shame on me

Posted on October 12th, 2015

The nurse complains about the office staff to me. I am a patient and don't want to hear complaints about the office staff. I want to see Dr. Walker and not a PA.

Big improvement

Posted on August 19th, 2015

The new staff is much better. Wait times are less and I am really relieved to see the front desk smiling and so helpful.

Posted on August 19th, 2015

I am very dissatisfied with their service. I am planning to switch over to another doctor.

SLOOOOOOOOWWWW

Posted on May 21st, 2014

I had an appointment for 8:30 am, however the Dr. didn't arrive until 9:15 am. I was told that she starts seeing patient at 9:30A.M. Why would her staff book appointments for 8:30A.M, (if one is a returning consumer), and the doctor doesn't arrive until 9:15 and starts seeing customers at 9:30. I finally left their office at 10:45 and all I needed was a refill on a prescription. Then they charged my insurance company over $500.00 for the visit where I got weight, pulse taking, blood pressure measured and my throat looked at. I would not recommend this office if your time is important to you because it's certainly not important to them. Yes, the Doctor was friendly and full of stories, but what about respecting me and MY time as they are IMPORTANT to me just as there time is important to them.

rude front office staff`

Posted on September 9th, 2013

The front office staff at this doctor's office is so rude!! I called to ask questions regarding my health and they act as if I am doing them a favor by coming to this office. I am not quite sure what is going on here but I am going to find another doctor after this visit..

Posted on May 17th, 2013

I have been coming to this office for over 20yrs. I have always tolerated her front desk staff. BUT, there is a new employee there and her name is Shiela. She was rude and didn't know anything that she was doing. Shiela gave me the wrong information regarding my insurance information. When I proceeded to correct her she got very irritated and just plain RUDE! Dr. Walker, GET RID OF HER ASAP!

We had to stop going !

Posted on April 18th, 2013

My fiance and I and his mother use to go to Maria L walker Every visit the staff got more rude and the wait time got longer im talking 1 hour 30 min after a scheduled appointment !!!! We would call the office for prescription refills and be put on hold for 10 min. I once had a pap smear done at this office and was waiting for my results I end up calling up there because it was taking way to long for my results to come in guess what THEY LOST MY PAP SMEAR THAT WAS DONE ! which means I had to drive back up there and wait another hour after a scheduled appointment .(this is a true story ask her about it ) My fiance has diabetes and would go to Maria Walker and get switched to different medicine almost every visit ! My fiance is the kind of man where he wont really take anything too serious unless the doctor show concern (he wasn't listening to me ) I would literally have to tell Maria walker to tell him what he should eat and how important Exercise is etc...I mean Im not even the doctor and im telling you what to tell him! The last appointment i went to she was in and out in about 2 min. not even listening to me . We tried so hard to stay with maria walker because we had been going here for years finally I told my family we deserve better and we should find another family practice .Im happy to report my fiance is losing the weight,taking his health serious after his new doctor showed great concern and was straight forward with him while at the same time showing compassion and I don't think i will have any issues with our new doctor when its time for another pap smear

Simply the worst

Posted on March 5th, 2013

Went to the Piedmont Minor Emergency Clinic which is staffed by Physician Assistants only. Terrible staff, long wait (even though the place was empty), terrible provider. The reason I had to wait was because the PA was on "lunch break" even though the clinic is walk in and is open from 8am to 8pm. Don't go to this run down, ghetto clinic.