Dr. Maria Yee Is this you?

1.9

Dissatisfied

Have you seen Dr. Maria Yee?

Missed appointment due to office error

Posted on August 13th, 2014

I was suppose to see her today but because her office personal is stupid, they did not tell her I was there so she never saw me, now I have to wait 2 months to see this dr. who I think is not very competent as far as I have read about her. I can't believe that a mental health facility would operate like this,

Not Recommended

Posted on August 2nd, 2012

Dr Yee more or less coerced my mother into putting my father in the hospital for "observation" since she can only see her patients every other week (twice/month). His only symptoms were slight memory loss and some fatigue. He was admitted into some type of program designed for advanced alzheimer's patients, yet Dr Yee never disclosed any this nor did she brief or educate the family on what her objectives were.I personally believe that there was a financial motivation on Dr Yee's part. The hospital has a brand new 25 bed wing for geriatric patients and only 4 other patients were there.(4 older ladies with advanced alzheimer's, God help em). Lotsa beds, very few patients....no wonder Dr Yee wanted to admit him, he had great insurance!Needless to say, after 24 hours we became enlightened as to what that hospital wing was designed for and the ironic thing is that while she wanted him admitted to observe" him, she went on vacation the day after he was admitted.I'm very disappointed that she not only misdiagnosed my father, but also recommended a needless and very disruptive hospitalization that created turmoil for the family.Dr Yee can also come across as condescending and mildly combative, maybe it's just her personality, I realize that she's had years of study in her field. However I think she failed in this instance in regards to her professional obligations and I cannot recommend her based on that experience.

Posted on June 24th, 2011

Not recommend big on meds short on compassion

Posted on March 27th, 2015