Dr. Mariaelaina Sumas Is this you?

Neutral

Have you seen Dr. Mariaelaina Sumas?

February 25th, 2017

STAY AWAY

Incompetent. Check her out. She moves from place to place and tries to get you to have unnecessary surgical procedures. Hasn't a clue what she's doing.

August 16th, 2016

Excellent Surgeon

Dr Sumas is an excellent surgeon, and technically did an excellent job. Her skills and knowledge are unparalleled, and I highly recommend her if you need a knowledgeable neurosurgeon who performs surgery with excellence. However, post op care is different. You will have to advocate heavily for yourself to be heard, in regards to pain management, consistent care, and communication about restrictions. I was expected to taper off of pain medication within 3 weeks post op, when dealing with pain in the areas of my back that were not operated on. I felt it was far too soon after major Surgery on my spine. But I do realize the FDA is breathing down the backs of Dr's regarding the prescribing of pain meds. So, I see both sides. However, when you have had spinal surgery which regulates your entire body and all its functionality, and you have nerves and muscles le and ligaments, and bone trying to graft. It's no cake walk. I've had many surgeries, and this has been the most difficult post op experience I have ever had. But I am deeply grateful to Dr Sumas for fixing my spine, I would recommend her as a surgeon, just make sure you have a good pain management doctor set up to help you post op.

August 27th, 2015

Heartless

I have NEVER met a doctor as cold hearted and unfeeling as Dr. Sumas.

August 4th, 2012

There are better options.

January 24th, 2015