Plastic Surgeon

291100 Inkster Rd
Suite 250
Southfield, MI 48034
248-540-1900
Locations and availability (4)

2.5

|  WARNING!!!!! Bad doctor retires leaving patients in the dark!!!!  |  show details
by Krystal Booth on Apr 23rd, 2013

I tried to contact Dr. Awada to help with my badly deflated breast implant as she promised to always be there if anything was wrong to find out she mysteriously retired. I can not get a hold of anyone to even help me retrieve my implant cereal numbers now or medical records. I have one deflated and the other with severe scar tissue build up from the surgery she did. Can anyone help? Every number listed is either disconnected or just busy. I have a new doctor, but need my medical records. How can she do this without leaving forwarding info? Im scared and confused as I purchased the implant insurance, but no one can help me. Allegen implant company told me they can only retrieve info on cilicone implants and mine are saline. Can anyone help?? kboothhome@yahoo.com

|  Coming from a former employee  |  show details
Nov 25th, 2012

The reason she closed practice is because she is crazy. Literally, she is a nut. She does this every few years. She is bipolar and stops taking her meds because after a few months she feels she doesn't need them anymore and then a few months later she is totally off her rocker. If you thought you as patients were treated terribly you should have seen the way she treated her staff. Screaming at the top of her lungs at us, bounced paychecks, deciding at the last minute she wasn't coming in for the day and then making us call her patients with lame excuses of a so called emergency. Changing surgery dates multiple times then having us call the patients to tell them they must change their surgery date. (Mostly changed because she couldn't book up the days in full and we were forced to combine several surgical days into one) I could go on and on, but I'll stop here. I'm only letting everyone know the real truth because she treated us so bad.

Oct 3rd, 2012

I had a BA with Dr. Awada in Feb 2012. Although, other than dropping and moving out to the side quicker that I would have liked (it's only been 7 months) I don't have any real problems. I am just a bit freaked out because she up and left medicine so abruptly and now I see the unscrupulous things her and her sister have been involved in. Can't wrap my mind around someone leaving this profession they trained so hard to be in unless there was something serious coming down the pipe for them. The whole thing leaves me concerned about what may or may not be inside me. Ziploc bags full of water or quality implants?? I would imagine that someone on her staff would be decent enough to get warnings or word to those of us that may or may not need to be concerned as most of them seemed so kind and caring. UUGG!! I'm sure the truth will come out soon.

|  "Retired" from Medical Practice  |  show details
Sep 26th, 2012

Dr. Awada abruptly "retired" from medical practice in Summer 2012. She is Turkia Mullen's sister, of Detroit Metro Airport and Detroit gas station sales infamy. Funny that so many of her "extended absences" and patient complaints occurred during the Detroit airport scandal.

|  Tummy Tuck  |  show details
Jun 18th, 2012

After having two big babies, I was left with excessive loose skin around my belly and damaged abdominal muscles. After a lot of research and a recommendation by an acquaintance, I decided to receive a tummy tuck and liposuction from Dr. Awada at Michigan Cosmetic and Reconstructive Surgery in December 2011. I am extremely pleased with every aspect of my procedure. All staff members were exceptionally helpful and friendly. I had little or no wait time with each visit. Prices for the procedure were reasonable. Dr. Awada is an amazing and meticulous surgeon. I personally saw Dr. Awada at every pre-op and post-op appointment. I felt like she took her time with me and I always had plenty of opportunity to ask questions. My results were even better than I expected. Not only was the excess skin removed, but I now have contour to my abdominal area that I havent had in years. I would highly recommend anyone to see Dr. Awada for any type of reconstructive surgery.

|  There was only one time where I had to wait because of an emergency which is understandable .  |  show details
May 7th, 2012

I was very happy with the way I was treated by all staff and Dr.Awada and I am VERY pleased with my results! Thank you too all of you at Dr.Awada's office! Julie Browning

Mar 28th, 2012

I highly recommend Dr. Awada. She is amazing with how knowledgeable and professional she is. I got a breast augmentation and I absolutely love the results. Her staff is also so great! :)

Mar 1st, 2012

Dr Awada was extremely knowledgable and very patient with all of my questions. She helped me understand my options and thoroughly explained my procedure to me. I am extremely happy with my outcome and am very grateful that I chose Dr Awada to do my procedure.

|  Great Surgeon with awesome symetry!! :)  |  show details
Jan 17th, 2012

Dr.Awada is an amazing doctor but more importantly she's an amazing person. I felt like it took her a minute to warm up when first meeting her, but after that she was always smiling, asking if there was anything I needed and taking care of me. I've recommended her to at least 5 different people so far and I know that once these people have financial support they'll be visiting her :)). The staff was beyond great! i had some rough bumps with medical leave papers from work and they were with me every step of the way, assuring me things would work out. They were all a blessing for me!

|  WONDERFUL!  |  show details
Jan 9th, 2012

Because my experience to date has been wonderful I wanted to share my opinion! In researching my options I've visited 4 surgeons & have officially selected Dr. Awada for my eye, breast & tummy tuck work. Her office wait time was no different than any other physicians' I've ever visited. Her staff-knowledgable, respectful. "Kelly" has been terrific in responding promptly & professionally to my surgery date planning questions. Dr Awada was extremely professional, insightful, respectful & truthful during my consultation. I learned more about my body & how it has come to its current state than I did with any of the other surgeons. Surgeons - while nice & certainly professional, seemed to "shorthand" the consultation process. As a woman, Dr. Awada clearly understands the thoughts, feelings & concerns we have of our bodies & is not dismissive of them. She is truthful as to what improvements are possible & what is not. She clearly looked to offer a "level-headed" view of my outcome so I could make an intelligent, fact based decision. I would not have it any other way. I look forward to my pre-op visit and surgery!

|  Excellent Experience  |  show details
Jan 9th, 2012

The day I had my first consultation with Dr. Awada, I had seen 2 other surgeons for consultations. The whole day was spent seeing 3 plastic surgeons for consultations on a tummy tuck & other areas of concern. Dr. Awada was the only doctor who didn't agree to incorporating my 'other areas of concern' with a tummy tuck. The other doctors were willing to 'do it all' (for big bucks of course), but Dr. Awada said for harmony's sake, she'd rather focus on the tummy tuck (with lipo & pubic lift), and leave the other 'areas of concern' for me to tone up myself. I liked that idea immediately, and felt she was right, that I could do the work myself for the other areas, but not for the abdominal area. I was overwhelmed that day, though, leaving her office after consulting with 3 doctors. I had to think about it as I was apprehensive. A couple of weeks passed and I made another consultation appointment with Dr. Awada (both consultation appointments were free). I had questions by now, and Dr. Awada answered them all completely. Even though I was afraid of the surgery, I booked with Dr. Awada for Nov. 3rd. I felt safe in her hands! During the times I stood naked in front of her while she pulled my loose tummy skin tight, and rolled her stool back to check the outcome, I could tell that she had a 'good eye' for what she was planning on doing. That made me feel confident in her skills. Additionally, with every visit, she or her staff would go over documents with me, ensuring I understood what was going to happen, what could go wrong, what medications/vitamins I needed to stay away from 2 weeks prior to surgery and which ones I needed to take 2 weeks prior to surgery. I found Dr. Awada to be cautious in this regard, thereby focused for a successful outcome. I did indeed have a successful outcome as I followed all the Dr's instructions 2 weeks before surgery and the weeks following surgery. I was very comfortable on my trip home after the surgery, having to cross the border from Michigan to Windsor. I was an excellent patient (I believe) because I wanted a successful outcome as did Dr. Awada. I'm VERY happy with the outcome - my tummy is flat (I have no more flap hanging over!), my abdominal muscles are tight, my scar is thin! I would definitely recommend Dr. Awada for your surgery - she has a 'good eye' for the outcome! I found ALL her staff to be very helpful and friendly. I never had problems making appointments. For each appointment I arrived early (coming from Canada...) and within 5 minutes was called into a room. Sometimes Dr. Awada would come in within 5 mins. and other times maybe 40 mins., but whatever the wait I was prepared for it. I have high regard for Dr. Awada and her staff!

|  BEWARE  |  show details
Dec 30th, 2011

Dr. Awada could care less after she gets your money. Her staff are incompetent, rude and frustrated I'm sure from her lack of professionalism. I had a TT and it is a mess. She refuses to take responsibility for her work and blames the patient. Do not use Dr. Awada, she buys her advertising and is in it for the money. I truly wish I had a read these reviews before I spent thousands.

|  Very good experience!  |  show details
Dec 24th, 2011

I had a great experience with Dr. Awada. She was able to give me the look that I wanted. I had to drive about 5 hours to see her and each time I went to her office for an appointment, I was early. I wasn't even in the waiting room for 5 minutes before being called back. So I never had to wait to be seen. Surgery went great, I loved my surgery day! Recovery went well too, with no complications. Dr. Awada called me herself later on surgery day to check on me. I would definitely recommend Dr. Awada to others! I didn't even go to my second scheduled consultation with a different plastic surgeon because I felt confident in Dr. Awada. Some reviews say that you are pressured into scheduling surgery or choosing silicone. That is very inaccurate! I was never pressured to choose silicone, I was given a quote for both, and I chose saline. I was not pressured into scheduling surgery, they just said to call and schedule if I decided to use Dr. Awada. I have nothing but good things to say about this surgeon. She is great at what she does, and I am so thankful for what she did for me! I am much more symmetrical now and I couldn't be happier with my breast augmentation results!!!!

Nov 21st, 2011

Had a breast augmentation done by her and they look great. I did have to insist going smaller than she recommended which seemed to insult her. Reading these posts I realize it's common for her to bail after you pay and she does the surgery. I haven't seen her for the multiple follow ups as she had several "family emergencies". The staff is really pleasant, or really good at sales. They talked me into my first round of Botox and it turned out better than any other place I've been.

May 13th, 2011

I loved her and her staff. I had breast implants, tummy tuck and lipo suction on the hips. I HIGHLY reccomend her. She's the best as far as I'm concerned. I will always go to her for any other proceedures that I have done (if any).

|  ABANDONED after my lipo & tt  |  show details
by Debbie P. on Apr 15th, 2011

Was told I'd have a flat stomach and would never have to do another ab exercise. Dr. Awada was 2-1/2 hours late for my surgery, 2 assistants hurridly slathered me with Betadine. Did not see her ever again after day of surgery. All subsequent appointments were with 'Jessie', who told me Dr. was in surgery. Left drain became infected(stronger anti-biotics were prescribed), drain removed by 'Jessie', right drain removed in OCTOBER by other doctor in practice. TEN WEEKS before any doctor saw me!!! My tt was NOT successful, I still have abdominal fat & excess sagging skin. My knee lipo was OVERDONE(and not even in area I asked for lipo), which has left me disfigured with deep sunken areas. $12,085 cash and I'm much worse than I was. Office has closed now, apparently she has left the country.

Mar 17th, 2011

She took the full payment for the procedure and did the half job. I personally will never go to her again. I lost my trust in her . She never delivers what she promises.She is money hungery a big crook.

Jan 31st, 2011

I have actually had two surgeries done by Dr. Awada and I would recommend those interested in getting a tummy tuck only. My experience with the liposuction yielded absolutely no results. I have numerous scars and was unable to tell the difference from before and after the procedure. Overall, she is a pretty good doctor but the office wait times are ridiculous. Do your homework first before you decide!

|  Would NEVER Recommend...  |  show details
Dec 29th, 2010

Told me all about how I was a great candidate for liposuction on my first visit, but as the months past after I had the procedure (3 areas) and you could see absolutely NO difference, she admitted that maybe I wasn't a good candidate and that what I was seeing in my abs, flanks and neck were muscles that they can't lipo under. I literally look exactly the same but now with a few scars. I honestly wouldn't mind seeing proof that they actually DID something; that may sound ridiculous, but its true. Like everyone else says, over an hour to be seen every single time, you never see her only her staff and something is weird with her "extended leaves".... Don't be fooled, she has a beautiful office but this is NOT the place you want to get your surgery.

|  Neglects Post Op Patients  |  show details
Nov 2nd, 2010

Run, do not deal with her!!! Dr Awada will take your money and do your surgery and never see you again, she will leave you to see a Medical Assistant who does not have the qualifications to be doing half of of the procedures she does. Although the staff is nice, this is a very dangerous practice, and any credible surgeon follows up with patients wheather there are complications or not within at least the first 2 weeks, I am over 2 months and have never seen her for a follow up. Now she is on yet another one of her "Extended leaves" so you're just screwed and have to try to find someone else to see you!

Oct 5th, 2010

While Dr Awada does exceptional work her office staff leaves much to be desired. The level of ineptitude has led me to regret the decision to use her. Repeated calls by myself & my insurance company requesting paperwork be faxed to them for over 2 months has yet to yield any results. Had nose fixed after being broken results are stunning, however I am beginning to feel like I have been scammed. When I requested that my surgery be pre-cleared with my ins co. I was informed by Beth that it would then have to be done in a hospital and cost more out of pocket, when I asked them to submit for disbursement on my behalf, they submitted on their behalf. deducted $100 out of what the insurance paid and sent me a check for that amount, after speaking to the ins co, I was informed none of what her staff told me was true & as they were in network they should have given me back the difference btwn what I paid & what they accepted from the ins co. Once brought to their attn, they do not return calls

|  Patient 4.5 years ago  |  show details
by Happy Patient. on Mar 29th, 2010

I did my research, visited those well known surgeons who spend big bucks for their television ads, and none even came close to this physician. Although my surgery was 4 1/2 years ago, I would return to her in a second. Yes, she can certainly improve her offices wait time, but, she did not skimp on my time when I was seeing her.

|  TUMMY TUCK  |  show details
Aug 27th, 2009

I HAD A TUMMY TUCK AN I AM VERY VERY UNHAPPY.. MY STOMACHE IS NOT FLAT AN IS ALSO NOT TIGHT.. THE DOCTOR DOES NOT SPEND ENOUGH TIME WITH HER PATIENTS. SHE SHOULD SEE HER PATIENTS AFTER SURGERY NOT HER MEDICAL ASSISTIANTS THATS REALLY WRONG PEOPLE PAY ALOT OF MONEY THEY SHOULD GET WHAT THRY PAY FOR

May 4th, 2009

What a chop Dr. I had three procedures and NONE of them turned out right...She would not fix them when confronted... DO NOT USE THIS DR!