Family Physicians

Maternal And Family Clinc
27854 Interstate 45 N
Conroe, TX 77385
281-419-1599
Locations and availability (4)

2.0

|  Worst Experience EVER  |  show details
by Nicole P. on May 4th, 2013

The staff was nice but the doctor was far from nice. My 59 year old mother changed to her practice to get closer to home and a doctor that would put her on a program that worked. The first visit, she was rude but we just shrugged it off because she seemed to want to help.The next visit she cut us off, got angry because we asked too many questions and "talked too much." It became very clear she was an egomaniac. The next visit was even worse. I offered to write a number down for my mother who cant see well and she called us codependent and that wouldnt be allowed in her office. My mom is disabled and I help her consistently and that offended me. I quit going in the exam room because of her. The next visit went ok according to my mom but the next visit after that was awful. She told my mom to find a new doctor because my mom honestly answered a question on her form. Im appalled. Im going to report her to any agency I can. She has no bedside manner, no compassion and is one of the rudest doctors I have ever seen. My elderly mother was in tears. I wouldnt refer my dog to this woman.

|  Office staff is lousy  |  show details
by Mary M on Apr 18th, 2013

Honestly, worst experience ever, and that's saying a lot since I have had chronic health problems for the past 30 years. After 10 calls in a week to get correction for a prescription, I was forced to make another appt just to get the written prescription corrected. Office staff not only doesn't respond to patient, but doesn't respond to pharmacy calls OR other providers. One of my providers has called her office 2x a day every day for several weeks to verify information but got no response. Dr. explained that office fax machine hadn't been working. Then she wanted me to make a 3rd appt with her just so she could correct the order that she wrote wrong on the 3rd appt. Waited in exam room for 1.5 hours today and gave up. That doesn't include wait time in the waiting room. When I spoke to receptionist about the problems, she just laughed and said "yeah, I hear that a lot." Three other patients were in lobby and they all complained to receptionist about bad communication.

|  The Office Staff  |  show details
Oct 2nd, 2012

I know I am a difficult person to deal with, expecially where my families health is concerned but the staff at Dr. Allens office is some of the rudest medical receptionists I have ever encountered. Give them 2 weeks to prior auth a perscription and they don't do it and don't notify you. They banned me from talking to them about my husbands medical information, I'm not allowed in the office. I never once physically threatened anyone yet I am treated this poorly. Dr. Allen is a competent doctor but I suggest you seek another Dr. if you want your medications on time and to be treated kindly.

|  Bad experience in a new town  |  show details
Mar 29th, 2012

I'm new here to Houston and I was referred by someone else. FIrst the office outside looked suspect. I didn't know it was also an urgent care facility also. Got inside to a rinky dink dingy office. The receptionist was nice and personable. I was called back in a matter of a few minutes. I was given paperwork to fill out since it was my first time. I was put into one room that was freezing and not very nice looking. I had to be taken to another room so they could use it for another patient. It had a fake leather sofa and exam table in it. No sink. The doctor didn't even wash her hands before giving me an exam. It's a very outdated office and the doctor was not very pleasant. She NEVER asked about my medical history. She would even cut me off. I was just over the entire experience. I have no intentions of returning. I would steer clear of this place. It look like a free clinic

|  show details
Oct 13th, 2010

great doctor !

|  Great Doctor  |  show details
by Chuck on Aug 22nd, 2010

Dr. Allan has been my PCP for over 10 years and has always been very thorough in her examinations and has been right on in her diagnosis and treatment. She has excellent communication skills and I would recommend her to anyone.