Dr. Marian Allen Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Marian Allen?

February 24th, 2017

I love Dr. Allen to prices. She seems more like family- like she really cares about what'she going on with her patients. I'm so blessed to have found her!

November 9th, 2016

She has a great bedside manner. She talks to you and listens like she is really concerned about resolving your issues. Great insight and able to diagnose quickly and correctly .

July 1st, 2016

I had my first visit with Dr. Allen and it was fantastic. She genuinely cared about what was going on with me and assured me that we would get to the bottom of it!

April 14th, 2016

The way Doctors are supposed to be with their Patients. Very easy to talk to.

February 18th, 2016

My doctor of choice

I have been a patient of Dr. Allen since shortly after she opened her practice almost 30 years ago. She has changed locations and partnerships several times over that span, and has been as far away from where I live by as much as 60 miles, but I have followed her wherever she goes because she has always taken very good care of me. Over 10 years ago she literally saved my life by insisting I have a nuclear stress test done. They found that I had an artery to my heart that was 100% blocked, and that my carotid artery was 90% blocked. I was home on our annual leave (we lived in Kazakhstan at the time), and had I not had this test and subsequent surgeries done I probably would have suffered a heart attack or stroke at any time and died due to the lack of adequate, modern medical facilities abroad. Some previous posts have indicated poor office staff, and I heartily agree with the posts written at those times. However, Dr. Allen recently opened her new practice at the location on Cypresswood in Spring, and I have to say that the office staff is quite competent, prompt, and customer friendly. I recently called the office because we were out of town, hundreds of miles away, and I had forgotten my prescription medications at home. They quickly sent a nearby pharmacy prescriptions for a week's worth of my meds and I didn't miss a dose. She always takes the time to make sure she's answered any of my questions, and that I'm clear on any changes in meds or other medical directions. We've known each other a long time now, so I know that creates a different relationship than that of an occasional patient; however, I consider her not only my PCP, but look forward to our chats whenever I have an appointment. I would be happy to recommend her to anyone.

May 4th, 2013

Worst Experience EVER

The staff was nice but the doctor was far from nice. My 59 year old mother changed to her practice to get closer to home and a doctor that would put her on a program that worked. The first visit, she was rude but we just shrugged it off because she seemed to want to help.The next visit she cut us off, got angry because we asked too many questions and "talked too much." It became very clear she was an egomaniac. The next visit was even worse. I offered to write a number down for my mother who cant see well and she called us codependent and that wouldnt be allowed in her office. My mom is disabled and I help her consistently and that offended me. I quit going in the exam room because of her. The next visit went ok according to my mom but the next visit after that was awful. She told my mom to find a new doctor because my mom honestly answered a question on her form. Im appalled. Im going to report her to any agency I can. She has no bedside manner, no compassion and is one of the rudest doctors I have ever seen. My elderly mother was in tears. I wouldnt refer my dog to this woman.

April 18th, 2013

Office staff is lousy

Honestly, worst experience ever, and that's saying a lot since I have had chronic health problems for the past 30 years. After 10 calls in a week to get correction for a prescription, I was forced to make another appt just to get the written prescription corrected. Office staff not only doesn't respond to patient, but doesn't respond to pharmacy calls OR other providers. One of my providers has called her office 2x a day every day for several weeks to verify information but got no response. Dr. explained that office fax machine hadn't been working. Then she wanted me to make a 3rd appt with her just so she could correct the order that she wrote wrong on the 3rd appt. Waited in exam room for 1.5 hours today and gave up. That doesn't include wait time in the waiting room. When I spoke to receptionist about the problems, she just laughed and said "yeah, I hear that a lot." Three other patients were in lobby and they all complained to receptionist about bad communication.

October 2nd, 2012

The Office Staff

I know I am a difficult person to deal with, expecially where my families health is concerned but the staff at Dr. Allens office is some of the rudest medical receptionists I have ever encountered. Give them 2 weeks to prior auth a perscription and they don't do it and don't notify you. They banned me from talking to them about my husbands medical information, I'm not allowed in the office. I never once physically threatened anyone yet I am treated this poorly. Dr. Allen is a competent doctor but I suggest you seek another Dr. if you want your medications on time and to be treated kindly.

October 13th, 2010

great doctor !

August 22nd, 2010

Great Doctor

Dr. Allan has been my PCP for over 10 years and has always been very thorough in her examinations and has been right on in her diagnosis and treatment. She has excellent communication skills and I would recommend her to anyone.

October 9th, 2017