Emergency Physician

Patient Reviews ? Write a Review

2.0

|  show details
by scott nichols on Jan 25th, 2013

wonderful dr really care about me

|  Jumps to diagnostic conclusions, tests irresponsibly, has unsanctioned personal narcatics system  |  show details
Oct 7th, 2012

I am a chronically ill invalid who has had to visit the Cranberry ER almost 1-2 times every 2 months for many years. Marion Marquis has been my doctor there dozens of times, my most often got practitioner. Having seen me before Dr. Marquis always comes in and assesses me in a manner that signals she already has a pre-determined diagnosis made up in her mind based on my past illness and without looking seriously at any new or deviated symptoms. Seeing as she never really discovers anything new that is causing my affliction. Dr. Marquis then proceeds to order a CT scan, which she knows will not look changed as it is related to me old injuries. But she does it anyways in what seems like a case of her not having any new diagnosis, therefore not giving any new treatment, but she has to have performed some sort of medical test on me to cover up her non-treatment. And to make it seem like she actually did something at all. It seems the purpose of this is to ensure she has a record making it look like she legitimately treated me. And to make me and my family feel like she actually properly checked me out before quickly discharging me. Therefore ensuring no provable patient grievance took place, and ensuring it look like she treated me properly in the hospital's files. Dr. Marquis also implements her own personal system for prescribing narcotics. A system which is extremely unprofessional, and not in any manner an official way or policy set by medical officials. She seems to make a patient go through certain procedures, or take numerous other non-effective drugs before she will use the pain medications. Being so familiar with ERs, I know this is never practiced by any other doctor. Dr. Marquis seems to do this system because, and she has actually said this to me, she doesn't want to give me the meds. Other doctors in the same situation have proved the narcotics were medically necessary at that point in treatment and gave them. And doing so absolutely within the normal practice and procedures instituted in general practition internal medicine guidelines. To sum up, Dr. Marquis own personal opinions are injected into her work, and are very often contradictory to universally accepted medical courses of treatment and standards in responsible medical treatment. I now request that I not be on her patient rotation anytime I'm at the hospital. And in general to avoid problems like this, I would recommend people proceed to the major, industry leading hospitals in downtown Pittsburgh who are experts in urgent care. All their doctors are of the highest caliber and their means and methods of care on the most thorough and high tech as they come.