Dr. Marianna Dogot MD Patient Reviews

• Good
  • Bad

March 4th, 2016
Horrible service
Saw me for about 15 mins every visit I went to and she would always be on the phone or doing other things while your talking. Worst one I ever been to and I will never go back. Would never want my family to go to this doctor

September 18th, 2013
The bottom of the barrell
Stay AWAY from this Dr. All she cares about is money and not the well being of the patient. She doesn't know how to diagnose and just throw's out every medicine in the book without regard for the very potential damaging side effects that psychotropics can have on many people. I went to her and got much much worse than I was before I say her. Ouch! People please research your DR. before you ever try a psychotropic.

May 30th, 2013
Don't use this Dr!
The worst Dr, anyone can possibly see.

February 2nd, 2011
Doesn't have a conscience
M. Dogat was until today my husband's psychiatrist. We were not happy with the fact that she did little to no consultation during visits, pretty much just "how are you" and "here are your prescriptions", but now she has gone about as low as a physician can go, shown that she did not take her oath seriously.10 days after a visit in which she was asked for help with additional physical and emotional stress issues and denied him the help he needed, my husband had a massive coronary. I had cancelled an appointment with her and she returned the call as he was being discharged from the hospital. She spoke with my huband for a few minutes until my husband handed me the phone. She was upset that he was asking her to help him psychologically deal with the trauma, said she was not responsible for his heart, blood pressure, etc. and didn't even seem to recognize how distraught he was. I made an appointment for him to see her after she got back from vacation. Of course during the commotion of getting home before the storm I had no idea what the date was or where I had written it down. The fact that my husband was taken to the emergency room with a gallbladder attack 3 days after he was discharged did nothing to help my memory.My husband called this morning ( his appts. are usually Wednesdays) to ask what the scheduled time was and she told him he had missed his appointment, she called him severaled times and she would no longer be seeing him as a patient!! I spoke to her after taking a few minutes to absorb the information ( I have never known of anyone that has had any doctor dessert a patient like that let alone a psychiatrist). After having her confirm that she actually was doing that, I asked her why she would not write his prescriptions for this month (my husband had asked her to do that as he would be out of his medications in 2 days) so he would have them while he looked for another doctor. We have medicaid, which pays doctors in NY very poorly, and it is very difficult to find doctors that accept that insurance. She said she would not write his prescriptions, that he should ask his primary to write them and they would do it for 2 weeks. We had asked the primary to do this previously and were denied. I told her so and asked her as a professional what I should do were he denied again. She said "Go to the emergency room. They may right you up to 2 weeks worth." She was totally heartless, the most callous, uncaring physician I have ever encountered. A Psychiatrist. Putting a patient into emotional distress. No recommendation of a replacement and not caring if he found one. Not caring what the consequences of him not having his medications would be, and believe me a good percent of the population that are not even doctors who have taken the Hypocratic Oath would not leave another human being to be in that horrible state that comes with not taking a psychiatric medicine. I would not leave a dog to be in that state if there was anything I could do to prevent it.Figuring that a vast majority of people have even a small amount of compassion for others that are in extreme distress of some kind, that puts M Dogat in the minority of humankind. The ones that don't care, the ones that would not stop to help a dying man. But she's a doctor. She took a vow to care. It's her job. Psychiatry is a job she should not be doing.

February 2nd, 2011
M. Dogot's Patient Of One Year
I have Bi-Polar Depression. For me, this comes with OCD, ADD and four different medications. A former doctor in New Hampshire started me on my present therapy approximately three years ago and for the first time in my life, I feel happy and productive. I found M. Dogot in my 'Health Plus' directory. Due to my difficulty and growing urgency, receiving an immediate appointment was a blessing. In her office, she asked me no questions except what she required for insurance reimbursement. The entire visit including waiting room time was twenty minutes. This wasn't snootily disturbing in itself, however, she did not ask for proof of my being on any of these medication prior. One of them is a commonly abused controlled-substance. I had a massive heart attack on 1/8/11 and was in the C.C.U. during my last scheduled office visit. The doctors at NSLIJ in Manhasset performed emergency surgery to clear the blockage and implant a stent. It is 2/2/11 and I have run out of half medications and has few left of the others. During a phone call to M. Dogot, she informed me due to my missed visit, I was no longer her patient and would not give me my prescriptions nor a referral to another doctor. I have always seen her monthly, and my last visit 12/29/10. As a result of the devastating news, my wife took the phone and received no other reasonable or logical explanation. I take the time to write this in hopes nobody has to be in my predicament as a result of this woman's actions.

July 7th, 2010
this doctor is very non-commital about her patients and basically offers no "mental" help at all. she just dispenses prescriptions and offers little else.

November 15th, 2009
Knowledgeable, Caring Psychiatrist
Each Friday, Dr. Marianna Dogot provides treatment to those attending the day program run by Catholic Charities in Queens, NY. We met her there recently, when our sister had to suddenly stop using the very effective medication, Clozapine, due to an abnormal white blood count. Dr. Dogot reassured us that there were other effective medications. She was very thorough in explaining the alternative medications available. Through her guidance and support, we got through three very difficult weeks, the amount of time it takes for the patient to begin to feel the total effect of the new drug. The treatment relieved the schizophrenia symptoms, which could have caused a major disruption in our sisters life. We are grateful to Dr. Dogot for the concern and care she provided.

November 12th, 2009
Beware of bottom of the barrel Psychiartrists who are out to make Money
She experiment with drugs with you. Try to get you to go to the hospital for any reason since her Psychiatrist friend works there and when the hospital(Glen Cove) gets patients they do better financially. She's only out to make money.

January 13th, 2016