Dr. Marianne Dawn Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Marianne Dawn?

March 31st, 2016

I would refer anyone to Dr. Dawn. I wish I could still go to see her, but my insurance has changed. She is very good!

November 18th, 2015

Aces with me!

I began seeing Dr. Dawn two years ago after becoming so frustrated with dealing with the Annapolis Dermatology Center for over 5 years. There the administrative staff was awful and wait times always went over an hour after the scheduled appointment. The staff at Anne Arundel has been courteous and prompt. I had an 8:15 appointment with Dr. Dawn and she walked into the exam room at 8:30 and apologized for keeping me waiting (this never happened in Annapolis!). She took time to ask me questions and gave me a thorough exam. She has an excellent bedside manner and also took care of two unrelated problems I was having. In summary, I would recommend her to anyone!!

October 6th, 2014

The worst doctor I've ever seen. Really spaced out and not attentive to patient needs

March 9th, 2013

wonderful dermatologist

I would highly recommend Dr. Dawn. She is thorough and knowledgable and has wonderful bedside manner.

June 8th, 2011

good experience will go back

Dr Dawn was very nice and helpful. I didn't have wait long and she took alot of time to talk to me about all of my concerns and questions. she even gave me some free samples which was awesome because the medicine i needed was really expensive. i felt comfortable with her and will go back again. the office staff at front desk is kind of rude but the actual nurses and doctor are great so I can overlook the front desk people.

May 4th, 2011

Fix it now..

my husband and I went in together to get a full scan and she took care of what needed to be frozen or snipped off at this visit and did not waste our time for another visit. Very happy with the whole experience.

February 8th, 2011

like Dr. Dawn a lot

my visit with Dr. Dawn was great. She took her time to talk with me and explained the course of treatment/follow ups. I was very happy when I left the office and didn't feel rushed. I have been to another derm prior to seeing her and he was a really bad. She also gave me very great discounts for the prescriptions I got plus samples. Awesome

February 1st, 2011

Rushed and Rude

I have been a patient of Dr. Dawn's for 3 very long years. The only reason I continue to see her is because she seems to be the only female in the entire area. I have a strong preference for a female doctor and if it weren't for that I would be long gone. To sum up my experience, I find her very short, very closed-minded and rather spacey. I am asked at every single visit as if for the first time if I have ever considered using Accutane. I then go into my 20th or 30th (who can remember) explanation as to how I've been on Accutane 3 times in 20 years and it is no longer considered safe for me to go on it (or so I've been told by every other dermatologist I've ever seen). I've never seen her consult a chart and I know she doesn't remember me from visit to visit, so it really as if each visit is the first. So much time is wasted on her asking me to try Accutane and then some expensive creams and me explaining that I've tried them and they didn't help. She has no interest in treating anyone with cystic ace once they've said no to Accutane. I don't know if there is a monetary gain for her to prescribe Accutane but it's hard to believe otherwise. There are many other alternative treatments for cystic acne (none quite as good, I know) but not in her alternate universe. The staff is extremely rude and I really can't say I have any reason whatsoever to ever recommend this place to anyone.

September 24th, 2010

extremely dissatisfied

I went in to Mainline Derm as a new pt recently. I called and was able to make an appt very quickly. My appt was scheduled for 1:30pm. I got there at 1:20pm to be exact, filled out the new patient paper work etc. The front office staff was not pleasant and everyone looked as though they were miserable to work there. I was called back to the exam room at 1:26pm. The nurse did the usual, ask questions, take vitals etc. At 1:30pm Dr. Dawn came into the room, performed a very brief and not thorough skin check. I came to Dr. Dawn for a case of adult acne which I have been suffering with for almost 20 years. She insisted that I use accutane for my condition. I myself am a nurse and know all to well the horrific side effects from accutane. Once I declined her idea of using the accutane, she wanted nothing to do with me. She gave me an antibiotic that I told her I used previously without positive results and 2 very expensive face creams that insurance does not cover. Dr. Dawn spent a total of 6 minutes with me. As I walked out of the office, no one at the front desk stopped me and asked me to schedule my next appt or even said goodbye, have a great day. I was back in my car at 1:37pm. My insurance company was billed for a 30 minute new patient appt that I never received. I guess Dr. Dawn can't bill for 6 minutes. As a nurse and patient, I would NEVER recommend anyone to Dr. Dawn or Mainline Dermatology. I am still suffering with acne and am currently looking for a new dermatologist.

April 26th, 2010

Awful

I had the worst experience with Dr. Dawn. She was rude, brief, and treated me like I was stupid for getting a second opinion. She also encouraged me to go out into the sun with my medication on, where on the information about the medication specifically says (more than once) to never expose the skin to sunlight without protection. I doubt she knew what she was talking about. Also, after confirming a diagnosis of an auto-immune disease, she decided to list every other disease that I could probably get one day--NOT HELPFUL.If I were you and you are worried about having something serious (not typical things like acne, rashes etc.) I would absolutely not recommend this doctor.

March 30th, 2010

Excellent treatmentGreat bedside manner

December 1st, 2009

Great Dermatologist

Dr. Dawn is great! She is friendly, punctual, and very competent.