Dr. Marianne Sommerville MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.0
  • 1 comment

no change

Showing 1 - 1 review

February 17th, 2014
Horrible Experience
My friend and I both had this doctor at the same time with our first pregnancy. I have never been so displeased with a healthcare professional in my entire life and I have had some pretty bad ones. Dr. Sommerville told me that it was fine that I wasn't able to eat and even encouraged it because it meant I was losing weight. Once I finally started to gain weight after losing 14lbs, at 20 weeks along, she was angry about it. My friend had a similar issue, Dr. Sommerville told her she was gaining too much, and unlike me she was severely underweight to begin with because she suffered from an eating disorder. I got a call from her after her appointment with her sobbing and had to calm her down. I get that weight is a big issue however it seems like this doctor is weight obsessed. We both switched to a midwife who never seemed to be concerned with either of our weights, instead she just promoted eating healthy and exercising. We both went on to have beautiful and healthy children. I always make sure to tell any newly pregnant women to stay away from this doctor. I don't know how she is an ob/gyn with her horrible bedside manners. 2 years later and I still remember the experience.