Rheumatologists

211 S 9th St
Suite 600
Philadelphia, PA 19107
215-955-8430
Locations and availability (6)

2.5

|  Excellent Doctor  |  show details
by Lupus patient on Jul 12th, 2013

I have been seeing Dr. Kiriakidou since 2005, I gave up all of my other doctors and followed her from Penn to Jefferson recently, she is that good. Dr. Kiriakidou is very caring and listens to her patients, she is very good at diagnostics, and has always been proactive with my treatment. When I was in a crisis condition, she was able to modify her schedule to give me an appointment. I know she has seen other doctor's patients during her lunch hour because they were late due to a personal emergency and their doctor had left. I have never left her office with unanswered questions, or confusion about the go-forward plan and things to watch for. At Jefferson, the front office staff are about the same as Penn, but the Rheumatology Nurse is much better about responding. Dr. Kiriakidou also works very well with my other specialists and primary care physicians. She reportedly writes very good notes, and is good with follow-up.

|  Worst Experince I have Ever had in a Doctor's Office  |  show details
by Margaret T. on Jun 19th, 2013

STAY AWAY FROM THIS DOCTOR AND HER HIDEOUS OFFICE STAFF! And stay away from Jefferson University Hospital doctors! For the SECOND TIME an appointment made by the central scheduling office at Jefferson turned out to be at a different time when we got to the doctor's office than what we were told on the phone when we made the appointment. This was our second visit to Dr. Kiriakidou. She didn't help us the first time, but she seemed kind and intelligent and made some suggestions. They didn't work, so we decided to see her again. We were given a 3:00 appointment by the scheduler. When we got there the staff insisted that it was for 2:20 and we would have to reschedule. My husband is very sick and getting worse, with no diagnosis and is desperately trying to find out what is wrong with him. He pins his hope on his doctor's appointments and they give him the strength to go on day to day. Your can imagine how shattering it was for him when the doctor REFUSED TO SEE US, after we had to argue had with the VERY NASTY receptionist to even get them to ask her. What kind of doctor would do that to a very sick, suffering man who trusted her to help him? It was not our fault that Jefferson screwed up the appointment. WE WERE ON TIME, and we would have waited as long as necessary until she could squeeze us in. She just didn't care. The icing on the cake was the unbelievably nasty receptionist who flat out accused us of lying and possibly of being mentally ill, and was the most uncaring, nastiest person I have ever met in a health care setting and ending by THROWING US OUT OF THE OFFICE. NEVER AGAIN!