Dr. Maricel Ridella MD Patient Reviews

January 15th, 2017
Poor quality patient care
From the first appointment, she acted as if she was annoyed by the fact that I was referred to her. She was abrupt and said she wanted to order her own tests for me. I thought anyone could have a bad day, so I gave her the benefit of the doubt and returned for a second appointment. Again, she seemed bored, cutting me off when I asked a question and told me I should not be feeling some of the symptoms I was describing to her. The second appointment ended after she said that my lab results looked good so I should not be having symptoms. She said this with her hand on the doorknob to leave the room. She never discussed any follow-up care or what to do if I felt worse. During another appointment a few months later, I asked if I might have a specific condition indicated by my symptoms, and she told me “No” with no explanation. I also asked about alternative testing or treatments (since what I was doing was not working to alleviate my symptoms) and she shrugged her shoulders at me. I told her I had done some research into my symptoms and lab results, and I felt I should be tested further, as I was feeling sick. She said that the more I researched, the worse I seemed to feel, so I should probably stop researching. This was all in the span of about 5 minutes, which is the average amount of time she actually spent in the room with me. I saw Dr. Ridella 1-2 times after that and she continued to be completely dismissing, belittling, and acting in a manner that was bordering on abusive. She trivialized my concerns as though they weren’t valid. Her lack of time spent with patients is really unfair, considering the length of time it took to actually see her. Clearly she is overbooked or has taken on too many patients.

January 13th, 2017
Dismissive and doesn't care
I was amazed that a specialist could have such a lack of concern for patients. She seemed to be eager to check off boxes and move me right along. I thought doctors were supposed to care, but she proves this wrong. She does the bare minimum (if that) and left me feeling frustrated and confused. She also talks down to me like I am a child. After several appointments like this, I went to another doctor who actually wanted to treat me.

December 29th, 2016
Great Doctor
Dr. Ridella is very knowledgeable, caring, and competent. She lets you know what is going on with your body, what to expect, and how treatments will work. She really listens and answers the questions you ask - no double talk. Excellent translator of medical lingo. I went to her and found I had a low cortisol level and she explained everything to me and helped. I consider her an ally for health.

April 4th, 2016
You are in good hands with Dr. Ridella!
Dr. Ridella is VERY thorough. She covers test results in detail and medications along with progress and improvements needed. Her staff is very polite and efficient. I feel as though I am in good hands with her.

March 16th, 2016
I would recommend her to anyone. She is thorough and very knowledgeable.