Dr. Maricel Ridella Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Maricel Ridella?

• Good
  • Bad
  • Good
  • Bad

April 18th, 2017

Fantastic experience

I've heard several great things about Dr. Ridella from friends and family members who see her for both thyroid problems and diabetes. I made an appointment for a thyroid consultation. My primary care physician referred me and I was contacted by a very polite lady to schedule my initial visit. My initial visit was about 3 or 4 weeks out but imagine my surprise when they called to offer me an earlier appointment following a cancellation! This indicates to me that the office is very detail oriented, and they did not disappoint once I arrived. All the staff were very warm and friendly. I was taken to the back within 5 minutes of my arrival and check in. Dr. Ridella came in to see me within a few short minutes. She is very warm and personable. She took her time explaining my thyroid disease to me and patiently answered all my questions (and I had a lot!). I was very happy to learn she also does thyroid ultrasounds in her office, which allows me to reduce the number of extra places I have to go for my medical care. I was so pleased with my visit that I requested a referral (this is the only way to get an appointment) for my husband to manage his diabetes. He saw Dr. Ridella for the first visit, then returned to see the nurse practitioner, who was also very caring and patient. We are very pleased with our care at TPMG Endocrinology and highly recommend the office to anyone!

April 18th, 2017

Dr. Ridella is an excellent physician who provides specialized and individualized care for her patients by taking the time to examine, communicate and review results to come up with a plan of care.

March 27th, 2017

Scary experience

First, I heard Dr. Ridella yell at one of her staff not to waste her time with patient details, just give her the report/file. She yelled she did not want to deal with a certain patient, and told the assistant to tell the patient to go home! Then she came to me, huffed into the room, asked me why I was there. I explained my symptoms, and she sort of rolled her eyes at me. She seemed annoyed and ordered a lot of lab tests for me. I never had them done, I left her office and will never ever go back. She was really unprofessional and conceited.

March 27th, 2017

Scary experience

March 21st, 2017

Not a good experience

Rushed through the appointment and didn't seem interested in listening to anything I said. She glanced over my labs and asked me if I was looking for a prescription! I told her I was not seeking drugs at all but medical help to feel better. I suspect the large number of patients she sees get an easy prescription from her. If you have symptoms that are not glaringly bad, she doesn't seem too interested in treating mild cases. I immediately found another doctor who does more than read lab tests and hand out pills.

March 12th, 2017

Doesn't seem to care

After going thru a long and rigorous referral process, I finally managed to get in to see Dr. Ridella. Imagine my disappointment when she dismissed my symptoms and simply glossed over the lab reports rather than investigating why I felt so bad. It's like she has her mind made up already based upon numbers. Also, I had to call repeatedly to get an appointment once the labs were taken. If the labs aren't interesting to her, she doesn't bother trying to care for the patient. I am guessing she takes on patients to make more money and keep building lab reports, billing patients over and over. She rushed the appointments and barely followed up. I would never recommend her to anyone.

February 27th, 2017

Dr. Ridella

Dr. Ridella is an excellent physician who takes the time to evaluate, educate and treat my multiple endocrine issues. Since beginning treatment my overall health has improved due to the outstanding of Dr. Ridella. The staff are always willing to go the extra mile to provide excellent customer service.

January 16th, 2017

Poor quality patient care

From the first appointment, she acted as if she was annoyed by the fact that I was referred to her. She was abrupt and said she wanted to order her own tests for me. I thought anyone could have a bad day, so I gave her the benefit of the doubt and returned for a second appointment. Again, she seemed bored, cutting me off when I asked a question and told me I should not be feeling some of the symptoms I was describing to her. The second appointment ended after she said that my lab results looked good so I should not be having symptoms. She said this with her hand on the doorknob to leave the room. She never discussed any follow-up care or what to do if I felt worse. During another appointment a few months later, I asked if I might have a specific condition indicated by my symptoms, and she told me “No” with no explanation. I also asked about alternative testing or treatments (since what I was doing was not working to alleviate my symptoms) and she shrugged her shoulders at me. I told her I had done some research into my symptoms and lab results, and I felt I should be tested further, as I was feeling sick. She said that the more I researched, the worse I seemed to feel, so I should probably stop researching. This was all in the span of about 5 minutes, which is the average amount of time she actually spent in the room with me. I saw Dr. Ridella 1-2 times after that and she continued to be completely dismissing, belittling, and acting in a manner that was bordering on abusive. She trivialized my concerns as though they weren’t valid. Her lack of time spent with patients is really unfair, considering the length of time it took to actually see her. Clearly she is overbooked or has taken on too many patients.

January 14th, 2017

Dismissive and doesn't care

I was amazed that a specialist could have such a lack of concern for patients. She seemed to be eager to check off boxes and move me right along. I thought doctors were supposed to care, but she proves this wrong. She does the bare minimum (if that) and left me feeling frustrated and confused. She also talks down to me like I am a child. After several appointments like this, I went to another doctor who actually wanted to treat me.

December 29th, 2016

Great Doctor

Dr. Ridella is very knowledgeable, caring, and competent. She lets you know what is going on with your body, what to expect, and how treatments will work. She really listens and answers the questions you ask - no double talk. Excellent translator of medical lingo. I went to her and found I had a low cortisol level and she explained everything to me and helped. I consider her an ally for health.

April 4th, 2016

You are in good hands with Dr. Ridella!

Dr. Ridella is VERY thorough. She covers test results in detail and medications along with progress and improvements needed. Her staff is very polite and efficient. I feel as though I am in good hands with her.

March 17th, 2016

I would recommend her to anyone. She is thorough and very knowledgeable.