Dr. Marie Montag MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.3

March 23rd, 2015
Excellent Breast reconstruction results
Dr. Montag achieved excellent results with my breast reconstruction following my mastectomy. I have seen multiple physicians (surgeons, radiation, oncology, etc) during my cancer battle and these physicians care for many patients who have had reconstruction done by various surgeons, they are all amazed at the natural looking results from my procedure and tell me that it is some of the best they have ever seen. I'm so glad I chose Dr. Montag for my plastic surgeon.

March 31st, 2013
labiaplasty gone wrong
My labiaplasty was very uneven and too much was removed. She said they measure and remove a standard amount. Looking into things more I realized that my after looked like the labiaplasty gone wrong photos where there is very little to no labia left. Also I should have been given choices as to the amount removed in my consultation. You often don't know what you want if you don't know what your options are. Now I have to live with these results. Four stars, no way.

October 3rd, 2012
Not a good experience
My procedure was scheduled and I was asked to bring my CPap to utilize during recovery. I was prepped and ready for my procedure when I was told I would have to check into the hospital to have the procedure done rather than at the clinic as planned because of the Cpap. Totally shocked and extremely disappointed since the use of the CPap was common knowledge to the team, they were able to schedule my procedure for the next day at the hospital. However, I had to pay a considerable amount more than what was originally agreed upon with significant funds paid to the hospital prior to my procedure. My surgery was scheduled for early the AM, however, they kept putting it off throughout the day and didn't start until into the evening. Obviously stressful and additional expense to me as I sat, ready in a hospital room all day unnecessarily. After the procedure, I encountered problems w/ one of the incisions which required significant time to heal and left an unsightly scar. In addition, I have a shape which we discussed avoiding prior to the procedure. Dr. Montag doesn't care about my satisfaction or accept responsibility for the lack of thoroughness on her team. She takes the stance that procedures fall under "plastic surgery" so there are no guarantees. If you're unhappy with her work, then you'll have to pay for additional procedures to correct them. I feel my inconvenience was not given any merit and her follow-up to ensure she has done the work agreed upon is very lacking. She seems to be a nice woman but I would just caution on the thoroughness and results of her work.

May 12th, 2011
The experience I had from the very first visit has been great. The staff is kind and understanding. Answered all my questions promptly. Instructions were clear and knowing what to expect was great. I am very happy. I know that my overall new look will be amazing.

September 14th, 2010
Happy Patient
I am so happy that I chose Dr. Montag as my surgeon! It's been almost a year since my surgery and I knew exactly what to expect after the procedure. My husband and I put a lot of thought into my breast enhancement and we couldn't be more grateful for Dr. Montag and her staff!