A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Marie Sharkey:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Marie Sharkey is Good.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Prepare before visiting Dr. Sharkey
Crohn's Disease Patient Education Learn about Crohn's Disease and possible symptoms such as intestinal blockage with our patient education guide.Before Visiting Dr. Sharkey Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. Marie Sharkey, MD is board certified in Internal Medicine and Gastroenterology.
- He has special expertise in 5 areas:
- Acid Reflux Disease (Gastroesophageal Reflux / GERD)
- Hepatitis C
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Ulcerative Colitis
Education & Awards
Dr. Sharkey graduated from University of California at San Diego, La Jolla. He has 1 awards.
Dr. Sharkey has 1 hospital affiliations:
- Lewis-Gale Medical Center
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Marie F Sharkey MD is a male Internist, has 31 years of experience and practices in Internal Medicine and Gastroenterology.
- Where does Dr. Marie F. Sharkey practice?
- Dr. Marie Sharkey has 1 office location.
Dr. Marie Sharkey practices Internal Medicine and Gastroenterology near Salem, VA.
See Salem Internists and Salem Gastroenterologists.