Dr. Marilee Schuchard MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.1

June 24th, 2016
I felt she really listened to my history with cronic pain and pain meds. Due to new issues I have to quit meds that work leaving me in a great deal of pain again. Recommended suppliments but understood expense & said to look on line. Bought 1 month and felt great results in 2 wks. Will continue with her & suppliments.

February 10th, 2016
Stay away
I decided to try Dr. Schuchard after having no luck with doctors who were not pain management specialists. First and foremost, the wait time is atrocious. An hour and half wait for a 10 minute visit. The first visit she told me to try a diet that was for an issue that I didn't really have, but OK, I understand that a doctor isn't going to perform procedures or write prescriptions for someone off the street. However, on the second visit, she again put emphasis on the condition that was tertiary to the issue that I was there to see her for. She did not listen to my concerns at all, and was very quick to schedule me for a procedure. She puts on a front about not wanting to prescribe meds, but each time I was there, at least 10 people came in and out within a 45 minute time span to pick up prescriptions (I assume for opiates or narcotics, as most other drugs can be sent to the pharmacy electronically). It gives the office a rather seedy feel, as you can overhear conversations about people needing to borrow money to pay their doctor bills so they can get their prescriptions. All in all, I think she's a pill mill for those without decent insurance and for those with good insurance, like myself, she's very quick to schedule a pricey procedure.

May 5th, 2015
A great experience!!

January 19th, 2015
She basically blamed my chief complaint for my pain. Gee, no DUH. #synapticmhz #neuromuscular

April 24th, 2014
Excellent Pain Management
Very understanding about your particular condition(s), easy to work with and answers all questions in full detail. Wait time is minimal, office and exam rooms are clean. Staff there are very sweet and always have a smile on their face! I'm glad I found her!

March 4th, 2012
Non Professional
My wife is the patient, but we were both equally frustrated. She came in, never introduced herself to me and barely acknowledge me except to criticise. My main issue is that the procedure done on my wife did not work and the quack's response was that she was under too much stress in her life. She then stated that unless my wife gets rid of her stress, there is nothing that she could do for her. How many people do you know living in the bay area in these economic times that have no stress??? Her comment just created even more stress and what kind of doctor would even make a comment like that?? She had no problem taking our $15.00 co-pay and charging our insurance for a waste of an office visit. This quack is a "FRAUD"! Take two aspirin; you will have better luck treating your pain than this fly by night.

September 14th, 2011
Excellent Dr. and staff!
I would reccomend Dr. Schudhard to anyone with chronic pain issues. She is very knowledgeable and the staf is wonderful to deal with. She does ask that as a patient we follow certin rules or she will not treat you. this is to avoid substance abuse. SO is you see any low ratings I promise you it's not from her lack of a bed side manner, or lack of knowledge or experiance, it's about people trying to abuse the saftey check system she has in place. If your insurance will allow you to see her please act fast if you want to be able to do daily tasks with little to no discomfort!

April 23rd, 2011
Uncaring and unknowledgeable
Dr. Schuchard doesn't seem to be very knowledgeable. She displays a lack of focus - she seemed distracted. Unprofessional. She doesn't make the effort to even "act" like she cares.

March 30th, 2011
Happy Patient
Dr. Schuchard is a fantastic doctor. Though the office can get busy, this is only a testament to her excellence. She is very knowledgeable and is up to date on the most current research; she is progressive in her approach to the treatment of pain and has helped me a great deal. I am a happy patient and highly recommend her to those who are suffering from pain.

August 5th, 2010
The kind of doctor you wished you'd been warned about.
Dr. Schuchard is the kind of doctor that you wished someone would've warned you about. I saw her for about a year and a half for pain management. The last time I saw her, without ANY warning, she threatened to stop the medication I was taking knowing full well that I would go through withdrawl symptoms. I just knew I had to find another doctor. She'd forget what she told me on prior appointments. She gets REALLY mad if you "bother her" after hours while she's on call. I really think that she's worse than simply an uncaring doctor. I think that Dr. Schuchard is cruel.

July 1st, 2010
Patient with chronic back pain
Dr. Schuchard's attitude toward patients with pain is extremely progressive and up to current standard of research. I suffer from extremely severe sciatica and she has been successfully treating it. Although there is no cure, she experiments with difference treatment modalities to find the one that best fits me. I am extremely grateful to this wonderful doctor for my quality of life.

April 27th, 2010
Pain Managment Treatment that is Current
I have been seeing Dr Schuchard for over 10 years. After several back surgeries, my surgeons told me there was nothing more they could do for me so they sent me to Dr Schuchard. She actually took the time to get to know me and together we worked out a treatment plan. I know that my chronic pain will never go away but it helps to have a doctor you trust and when you go to her office, it is filled with patients that all talk together about their experiences. It feels good to know that you aren't the only one with chronic pain.