Overall Review

2.7

September 4th, 2016
Primary Dr
Dr Marilyn Hart has been my Primary Care (oh so much more) doctor since 1993. She LISTENS to what you say! She has helpful suggestions, not necessarily 'meds' either. She is a very big proponent about being PRO-active with your own health. She pushed using sunscreen before pushing sunscreen was the 'in' (very important) thing! The day she retires is the day I will cry and be devastated bc I won't ever have a relationship with a new Primary Care Dr like I have with her. Sometimes she runs late BUT that is bc someone (patient) needs extra time. I have been that patient many times and I understand if she's running late. Someone NEEDED extra time and she gave it to them, rather than just pushing that person out of the office like some doctors. Her compassion, empathy and common sense have no limits. I HIGHLY recommend her! She gets 10 stars in my book!

November 23rd, 2015
Another unsatisfied patient!
I have been a patient of Dr. Hart for going on 2 years. It is had to get a visit with her and to get her to talk to you for more then a couple of minutes is almost impossible! My last visit I went in for a pain in my upper back that had been bothering me to the point the pain would wake me up at night. I was told it was because I was ovulating and it should go away!!!! UNBELIVALBEL! Needless to say the pain hasn't went away and it wasn't because I was ovulating! Mind you this is at the incision area where just 3 years ago I had kidney cancer, so yes I'm more concerned the my PCP!! I was referred to two separate doctors for other reasons and both had the same concern of some test results and attempted to contact Dr. Harts office and it has been 3 weeks now and they have not received a return call. I called on the 5th, received a return call on the 11th and couldn't answer due to work, called back on the 12th left a massage and have yet to hear back and its the 23rd! Just tried to call again and was told there is no one to talk to me and they would take a message!!! Unbelievable.... I'm currently searching for a new PCP!!!!

January 26th, 2015
Not so concerned
I was a devoted patient of Dr. Hart for five years. At first she seemed attentive and helpful. As time went on, she seemed to become less concerned, and repeatedly dismissed my ailments and ignored the symptoms of a serious gastric problem that presented chronic pain for 16 months - yes, 16 months - of visits. No amount of pleading would convince her surgery was needed. I know my body, and this was not the first time I had dealt with bowel obstructions. I told her it was a bowel obstruction, she thought differently and literally told me, in a very condescending way to just live with it and that "No one would operate on me," with what she diagnosed as "adhesions." Her advice to me was "just loose weight and stop drinking so much," which had nothing to do with my pain. I was shocked! I had to stress to her that I was NOT an alcoholic, and God only knows where that came from, just a social drinker, if that. I was actually startled by that callous comment! It seems she assumed I was one, because of the rosacea on my face, which she obviously noticed, but overlooked. After I checked her on that one, and clarified the condition on my skin with her, she was flustered and immediately prescribed a cream for it in her embarrassment. As a professional, she could have asked about the redness, instead of assuming something else entirely off the wall. I left her office feeling humiliated with the loose weight comment, on top of everything else, which was the last straw, and decided a switch of doctors for a second opinion was necessary. The switch led to a whole new team of specialists that found the bowel obstruction and emergency surgery was done within three weeks of the changeover. Because I had waited so long, in my trust with Dr. Hart, it had become a serious issue. She was a major let down after having had such a great rapport with her for such a long time. She was great in treating the rosacea, but that was about it. And on a final note, after having vomited every day for three months before being properly diagnosed with the obstruction, I did loose the 15 pounds she told me to, but that's not the way to do it. What a frustrating experience!

April 24th, 2014
caregiver
I love DR. Hart. I think she gets right down to the issue. She gets right to the point. She sends you to the specialists that you need. I am grateful to have her as my DR.

April 15th, 2014
Rude and Belligerent
Dr Hart is what everyone says here, she is rude often uncaring about your concerns. After close to 2 years of her non-sense I finally left. The good note was that she a had Physician assistant that was excellent and caring, but I could see Dr. hart was very controlling and often flexed her authority to show she was in control. I understand it's her practice, but the assistant was good at what she did and the bottom line is I was happy with her when she was assign to me on some of the visits. Back to Dr. Hart, I have several rude incidents with her. On one occasion, I had a small growth just above my eye brow and I told her I wanted it removed because I felt uncomfortable with this growth. I had a similar growth on my thigh in the past and my past doctor schedule a session to surgically remove it. She insisted it was nothing and to leave it alone. I responded that I wanted it removed. She finally agreed and I thought we would set up an appointment where I could come back to get it surgically removed; instead she numbed it and commence to cutting it away (very true story). I thought to myself, this is the last straw. The way it was done was so callas and cold as if I were some sort of non-essential piece of meat. I really don't know how she keeps patient past a couple of visits. My interactions were mostly annual physicals and monitoring of minor conditions prior to signing her on as my physician. My last physician moved on to somewhere else so I pick her office because it was close to my home. I suspect the people that have good things to say about her probably get better treatment than most of us. So, that would infer that she treats some people better than others because clearly enough people on hear has the same common complaint about her rudeness.

October 11th, 2013
Excessive cost
At my last visit with Dr Hart I was given a visual screening acuity test even though I told the nurse that I had just gone to an optician and had gotten new glasses. For that I was charged $31 by Hart, which was not paid by my insurance. I was told I needed a Tdap vaccine and was charged $100 + $38 for the injection. This was not paid for by Medicare and even though Dr Hart's office has a copy of my GAP policy, they do not charge that policy: "Service not a benefit of policy - patient responsibility". They were supposed to give me a shingles shot (which the doctor said that I must have), but gave me a pneumonia booster instead (which she said that I needed, but that I meant to get at Walgreens along with my flu shot): $99 + $25 for injection. I went to Walgreens to get the shingles vaccine, but they said I needed a prescription for my insurance WHICH DR HART REFUSES TO GIVE. She prefers that I drive half an hour each way to get it from her office so that they can charge me an additional $38 or $25 and let ME get paperwork from my GAP policy to fill out and be partially reimbursed in two months. (It is already three months since my appointment.) I am not happy.

August 6th, 2013
Dr Hart is the worst doctor
Worst doctor in town, Dr Hart is rude, her staff is terrible. So many mistakes, no call backs, unnecessary testing, poor billing, unfriendly nurses, I can go on and on. Horrible office.

May 24th, 2013
Out of Pocket Billings for Their mistakes
After looking at some patient reviews - I tend to AGREE totally with the negative ones because it has happened to me too! Staff is not very friendly, nurses or ok, and Doctor can be curt and rude at times. But what has me livid at this point is her carelessness in requesting untimely tests that "per Providers Contract" are NOT to be billed to the patient and now being caught up in a "blame" game as to who's responsibility it is to pay bill!! I AM filling an appeal so Dr. Hart takes a double look at patient's records before requesting unnecessary and untimely testing. Will also be looking for a new primary.

April 6th, 2013
I found Dr. Hart to be rude and her staff to be the same. Totally humiliated my daughter during an appointment. Looking for a new primary care now.

March 26th, 2013
Excellent MD
Dr Hart is no nonsense, straight to the point. Do not feel rushed she always takes the time to listen. Been going to her for 3 years and have no complaints. (I am an RN)

September 6th, 2012
"What are you doing here?"
I needed medical care and when I asked for it from her, she said "she wasn't the type to take another Dr.s patient". I wanted a female doctor for the type of examination I needed. That didn't matter to her. She was rude and said there was nothing she would do for me. I insisted on a pap smear which she did - but wouldn't give me the results. She did however bill me for $300. I was treated as a burden - not a person in NEED of medical care.

June 26th, 2012
Very condescending. Blew off x-ray report and misdiagnosed condition. Never apologized for her errors that aused weeks of pain and placed me in serious risk of injury.