A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Marilyn Nelson:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 3 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Marilyn Nelson is Good.
Specialties & Research
Dr. Marilyn Nelson, MD is board certified in Family Medicine.
- She has special expertise in 4 areas:
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- Heart Block
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- Unstable Angina
Education & Awards
Dr. Nelson graduated from Upstate Medical University Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, Syracuse. She has 2 awards.
Dr. Nelson has 3 hospital affiliations:
- Cumberland Memorial Hospital & Medical Center
- Central Vermont Medical Center
- Memorial Hospital Medical Center of Cumberland
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Nelson accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- United Healthcare - 15 plans
- CareFirst - 4 plans
- Humana - 9 plans
- Cigna - 4 plans
- Capital District Physicians Health Plan - 3 plans
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. Marilyn M. Nelson practice?
Dr. Marilyn Nelson practices Family Medicine, Allergy & Immunology, and Cardiology near Cumberland, MD.
Additional practice locations include: Hancock, MD and Montpelier, VT.
See Cumberland Family Physicians, Cumberland Allergists, and Cumberland Cardiologists.