Acupuncture & Oriental Medicine

Patient Reviews ? Write a Review

Some ratings provided by Kudzu.
 |  The Worst (what a hack)  |  show details
Mar 19th, 2012

When I made contact with this lady(I will reserve the title 'Dr.' for true professionals), she told me I had 15 seconds to tell her what I needed. After giving the quickest description of the symptoms,I was immediately dismissed and then hung up on.

|  Dr. Marilyn Walkey is fantastic!  |  show details
by Shera Kelly on Jul 28th, 2010

She was wonderful in treating both my husband & I during my husband's cancer treatments! I loved that she viewed treating the spouse of a cancer patient as important, as well as treating the patient, himself! Dr. Walkey is sensitive and knowledgeable and very helpful to assisting other to restore good health!

by Dirk Nelson on Jul 21st, 2010

Over the course of a lifetime, I have become increasingly wary of Doctors--not to mention uncomfortable in their offices! Imagine my pleasant surprise to have found a Physician in this day and age who answers her own phone, works out of her home, and most important of all, inspires both trust and confidence: I find it hard to even remember the miserable state which brought me to her doorstep.

by Alice Michael on Jul 16th, 2010

Words cannot express how grateful I am to have found Dr. Walkey. Thanks to my visits with her, I feel positive and hopeful about the state of my health.

|  Dr. Marilyn Walkey.....my testimonial  |  show details
by Kevin Bonthuis on Jul 15th, 2010

If I could accurately rate Dr. Walkey I would give her a 100 star rating and that would be too low. I am writing this for anyone who has an illness and has been misdiagnosed and mistreated at the hands of Western medicine practitioners.Dr. Walkey saved my life. I had been very sick for three years and was dying when by good fortune I saw her website. After 3 years I could not find one doctor who could tell me what was wrong with me. I had 4 CT scans and every possible test and yet I was so ill I could barely make it to her office. I knew that she was an expert in diagnosing CT scans as well as a cutting edge acupuncturist and asked her if she would look at mine. After she was able to view my scans I was told by Dr. Walkey that she saw a life threatening major diaphragmatic rupture on the CT scan and that I needed surgery immediately.I was absolutely in shock. Four CT scans had been misdiagnosed by four doctors at a major Portland hospital over a 2 year period. It took Dr. Walkey one look and she had solved the mystery of my illness.She then led the way arranging for my surgery one week later working with my primary care doctor and a thoracic surgeon.During my stay in the hospital she and her husband came to visit me twice just to see how I was doing.After I got home from the hospital she came to my house for the first month and gave me acupuncture and Chinese herbal treatments to assist in my recovery.Today as I write this I know that I would not be here with my family if not for Dr. Walkey. She is the greatest doctor and healer I have ever met and I have seen many, many doctors. She is a wonderful person with a huge heart and a tremendous intellect. We are very lucky to have her with us here in Portland. If you are struggling with an illness she is the doctor you want to talk to.Thank you Dr. Walkey for everything you have done for me and my family. Our gratitude and blessings to you always. I will never forget what you have done for me.

|  Excellent service, very flexible appointments  |  show details
by Gary Olson on Jul 15th, 2010

Marilyn is wonderful to work with. Very knowledgeable, professional, and helpful. I highly recommend her.

by Yvonne on Oct 3rd, 2009

I have enjoyed excellent results from my accupuncture treatments for arthritis. Dr. Walkey is amazing! Her medical background put my mind to ease and her extensive experience and training in Eastern medicine puts her miles ahead of your "average" accupuncturist.An extra bonus was the menopause therapy she recommended to treat and CURE my hot flashes!! I'm now a true believer in Chinese herbs...and so is my husband!

by Laura F. on Oct 3rd, 2009

The Western world has begun to waken to the efficacy of acupuncture and Chinese medicine more and more since the 1960's but,as with all therapeutic venues, not all practitioners are gifted equally. Dr. Walkey has made the journey from West to East. Building on the empirical, science-based knowledge fund of a medical doctor she adds the wisdom and art of Eastern healing. As one who tried acupuncture before unimpressed with its outcome I must testify that it is the good doctor herself who changed my mind and health. From the moment you enter her space the energy shines. It is Marilyn Walkey, radiant in her identity as a healer, that pours her own grace and goodness into her patients. It is the tool of Eastern medicine in the hands of one whose care,generousity and insight open the portal to health.I have been relieved from seasonal affective disorder, anxiety,and chronic sore throats under her care and find always that I am in the presence of a friend meeting the needs of mind, body and spirit.

|  acupunture treatments and herbal remedies  |  show details
Sep 29th, 2009

I have received excellent relief from menopausal symptoms, TMJ symptoms, & viral cold symptoms as the result of acupuncture and herbal remedies provided by Dr. Walkey.

|  Well Versed and Compassionate  |  show details
Sep 23rd, 2009

Before going to see Dr. Walkey for pain on my leg, I had already gone to see one doctor, a physical therapist, and a chiropractor over the course of a year. All acknowledge I had the pain and neither was able to provide a solution. While the sessions did provided temporary relief, after a few days I would have to return to taking pain medication.On my visit with Dr. Walkey, we spent a few minutes discussing what I was experiencing. She then began her acupuncture treatment. My first thoughts were that it was not going to work. Instead of being negative, I stayed quiet, and purchased the herbal formula she recommended. (Which is priced very reasonably I has come to know.)Within a few days, I no longer had to take pain medication. The root cause of the pain had been addressed and after the third session I was able to return to exercising. All from a wellness program rooted in deep wisdom and guided by Dr. Walkey's honed intuition.

|  I got my wife back when Western medicine failed  |  show details
by K Fitz-Gerald on Sep 15th, 2009

Its tough to watch anyone you love endure the pain, frustration and emotional turmoil of a toxic body compounded by the debilitating effects of psoriasis. And its even more frustrating to watch western Doctors who have no idea what to do order test after test without understanding how to treat what they find - and seeing my wife fade away in the process. Under Dr. Walkeys care my wife has once again returned to the vibrant mother and spouse she was, her liver is healing and her skin has improved to the point where psoriasis has all but disappeared. We could not be more thankful for Dr. Walkeys compassion, professional demeanor and detailed understanding of holistic eastern medicine.

|  THANK YOU FOR GIVING MY LIFE BACK  |  show details
by David Gabrielsen on Sep 14th, 2009

In the second year of grieving for the loss of my wife, the depression I experienced 18 years ago returned. The medication that took care of it the first time was not working this time. On July 3, 2009, I was in a very low place and feeling suicidal. I found Dr. Walkeys name online when I looked up, Treatment for Depression. I called and left a message asking her to call me. Since it was July 3, I fully expected to hear from her the following week after the holiday. Dr. Walkey returned my call in less than 2 hours. After talking, I asked to make an appointment. Dr. Walkey saw me the next day: JULY 4!Since receiving treatment from Dr. Walkey and taking the Chinese Herbs she prescribed, my depression has disappeared and I am currently reducing the dosage of my prescription medication. I have no doubt that in the future I will be able to stop taking my prescription medication all together.

Sep 13th, 2009

I went to Dr. Walkey after many chiropratic appointments and two steriod shots in the back. I was suffering severe pain from my back and down my right leg. After my third visit with Dr. Walkey I am doing much better with more mobility and much less pain.

|  Helping bodies heal themselves.  |  show details
by Stacey Brown PT on Sep 13th, 2009

Dr. Walkey has literally been a life saver for me. When traditional medical systems failed to recognize or treat my condition, Dr. Walkey examined objectively, and treated accordingly. Dr. Walkey used acupuncture and herbal formulas to support my organ systems which were failing. With her help, my body learned to "synchronize" and begin a healing journey. She is compassionate and intuitive, with a passion for knowledge. She not only does not shrink from a challenge, but actively pursues new information about treatment and disease processes. Her expertise with acupuncture and herbal medicine is remarkable. My recovery from chemical exposure has been long and difficult, but I am here and doing well.Without Dr. Walkey's help, that would not have been the case.

|  Job Loss Stress & Anxiety  |  show details
by Christine on Sep 12th, 2009

I contacted Dr. Walkey when I was laid off my job and was setting up my support network. She immediately scheduled an appointment for that day, muscle-tested and prescribed a Chinese Herbal formula for stress and anxiety. She also did acupuncture to jump-start my immune system so I will not get sick during this stressful time.The Chinese Herbs help me to maintain a positive attitude and when I dont take them I find myself heading down that dark tunnel. The acupuncture gives me a sense of euphoria and confidence that I *can* weather this challenge.Dr. Walkeys compassion, ability to listen and pick up on the most minute of details and her intuitive and expert skills at diagnosing and treatment make her my first call when I have a medical issue.

by gayle123 on Jul 29th, 2008 on kudzu.com

I have been seeing Marilyn Walkey for several months. My fibro myalgia has improved along with my overall health. Marilyn is the best acupuncturist I have seen. Her knowledge of the human body and ability to choose effective treatments is outstanding.

by patriciahyatt on Jul 29th, 2008 on kudzu.com

My experience with Dr. Walkey was incredible. She not only cured the excruciating pain of a torn rotator cuff, she assisted me with my general health. I had recently moved from Buffalo, New York to Portland and Dr. Walkey recognized the stress I was under, even if I did not. She is a listener, intuitive and more than all, a professional. She is the epitome of the Hippocratic oath. "I will prescribe regimens for the good of my patients according to my ability and my judgment and never do harm to anyone." Every physician I know has taken this oath but many soon forget it. You will not regret seeking her help. Patricia Ryan Hyatt

by mikemcc on Mar 18th, 2008 on kudzu.com

I was riding my bike in Portland and was struck by a car while waiting at a stoplight to turn left. My head whipped sideways and struck the hood of the car, cracking the helmet. I was seen at Providence Trauma Center. My CAT scan was negative and they sent me home, with no treatment. Two weeks later they evaluated me and suggested that I "don't do anything that causes neck pain". At that point, I couldn't turn my neck, tuck it or put my chin up. I saw Dr. Walkey who diagnosed a severe WHIPLASH injury with torticollis. She treated me with acupuncture 3 times weekly. By the end of the first week, I could turn my head, and flex it. Before acupuncture, I couldn't exercise, work or sleep. Now I'm swimming, working, and my sleep is excellent. Why don't the MD's recognize that there IS a treatment for WHIPLASH? It's acupuncture, and it works.