Dr. Mario Aguilar Is this you?

3.3

Have you seen Dr. Mario Aguilar?

Best in town.

Posted on June 22nd, 2017

I have been a patient of Dr. Aquilar for many years now. Although I wouldn't trade my neurologist for any other one. I would dread going in for my appointments every 6 months, his receptionist (LISA) always had a bad attitude and was very short, and very rude to ALL patients!! However a beautiful and very pleasant new face took me by surprise on my last appointment. Belinda is the new receptionist, very professional, compassionate, and pleasant young lady. I am so glad to know Dr. Aquilar's practice will now be acquiring a better reputation with his new staff. I now recommend this practice 100%.

VERY PROFESSIONAL AND KNOWLEDGEABLE

Posted on May 2nd, 2017

Dr. Aguilar is very professional and kind. There are some bad reviews about his front office staff, but THAT STAFF MEMBER IS NO LONGER EMPLOYED there. You are seen at the time of your appointment and not a minute later. There is a shortage of neurologists in Las Cruces. I would much rather see a kind, informative and professional doctor than the other choice. Their office does not accept Medicaid. I am a very happy patient and I am treated well.

You can't be picky when you have limited choices in your area.

Posted on September 21st, 2016

Practices a precise, thorough questioning (yes or no) routine and exam (reflexes). Clearly has no interest in being interrupted by patient's questions regarding clarification. Staff is curt; verging on rudeness. "Customer service" is extinct here.

Less than impressed

Posted on October 13th, 2015

Impossible to get an appointment, front staff is very rude. Dr Aguilar refused to adjust my medications despite the fact that I was still having seizures. All around not a good experience.

Posted on March 20th, 2015

Dr Aguilar himself is a very kind man, but the associate at the front desk **** is extremely rude, unprofessional, and lacks any sort of empathy. I was told by **** that Dr Aquilar does not make it a practice to call family members (even when they have medical power of attorney) to discuss their loved ones care. Numerous messages were left with no return call from the physician. My mother is going on 2 months post procedure waiting for a plan of care and diagnosis. Her appt is cancelled because labs were lost. I have had to provide my contact information to **** on 3 different occasions, yet I am never called and my number was still not listed as the emergency contact and person to notify. I work in a large integrated health care system and work along side many different physicians every day who display compassion and empathy by talking to family about the plan of care. I will never recommend this physician as long as the front staff is employed in this practice. Very very sad.

GO BACK TO MEXICO

Posted on February 11th, 2015

Wife is the secretary and she is very rude!!! He did an MRI and then misdiagnosed a brain tumor. This guy needs to retire him and his wife need to go on a long vacation and quit scaring the ......... of people.

Posted on August 6th, 2014

Called office to make appointment after referral from Primary Care.. First Question: "What kind of Insurance do you have?" Told her if that was her 1st question, I would find another doctor.

Posted on April 29th, 2013

The kindest and most helpful doctor I know. He knows his business and is able to zero in on the real problem and help solve it. My problem is short term memory loss and he has helped a lot.

Patient

Posted on January 24th, 2013

doctor doesn't listen to patient dictate whatever he wants and judges looks vs. complains. So if you clean up after yourself don't waste your time, nothing is wrong with you.

Not worth the money

Posted on November 27th, 2012

Staff is rude, limited appointments available, secretary makes scheduling diagnostic procedures a nightmare, secretary also will not talk to the doctor about school notes, you have to make an appointment and pay a FULL copay for a piece of paper. They do not take cards so you have to use cash or check, they do not accept insurance healthcare flex spending cards. His office is a Joke!

Posted on July 3rd, 2012

Very standoffish and when I was explain my symptoms as to why I am there he told me to pick one for him to deal with. It was as though he really didn't care. I was also on crutches because of a severe injury and he grabbed onto me right where the bruising was. I know he saw it because he commented on it yet he still proceeded to grab onto it! The entire appointment was just very nerve racking and just plain ridiculous. He needs to work on his be side manner before I will go back.

Posted on May 16th, 2010

Dr.Aguilar was very profesional, caring and a good listener and very good explaining everything that I had a question about.