Dr. Mario Alcantara Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Mario Alcantara?

Best surgeon!

Posted on October 28th, 2017

He fixed me up 👍🏼. Im so pleased not to have a colostomy. He knows his business.

Jack Wheatley

Posted on September 18th, 2017

Dr. Alcantara is an outstanding physician.

July 17, 2017

Posted on July 27th, 2017

Excellent

Good Man. Fun personality. Confident.

Posted on June 26th, 2017

Awesome

Posted on February 28th, 2017

Great Doctor

Posted on February 24th, 2016

Dr. Alcantara literally saved my life. He is great and very easy to talk to.

BE WARY OF QUESTIONS RE DIAGNOSIS

Posted on November 17th, 2015

This guy walks in after botching an x-ray for a mass that has grown 3x since he decided to do nothing saying it was fatty tissue. 3 months(or so) later he walks in after severe pain and a trip to ER-ST. Lukes Baptist and argues that she is fine last time she saw him. ?? "Ok well she is not ok now, she is sitting in a hospital bed in pain." He walks in saying (after having the reality that she is in pain, not ok, and why don't you know what is going on here?) You know what, we will just switch her to the other hospital if you don't like me etc etc? We are looking at each other saying why would we change doctors? We are here now. He is telling a hispanic woman concerned about her sister to stop yelling at him??...?? Who is yelling at you? Then this guy again tries to talk about moving her and having someone else treat her now (that he screwed up) but no that isn't what she wants. HE says he will discuss it tomorrow after a confrontational few minutes. Next AM he has a Doctor (that did not JUST do surgery to find out you messed up your diagnosis Alcantara) that my mother has never met-walk in and inform her/us that ALL the doctors do not want to have her there and they ALL want her to move hospitals to another Doctor THEY choose. All of them, ...oh really. Guys Make sure this guy knows and loves you before he discards you for questioning his huge ego. Apparently if you ask questions, you don't like him and are questioning his "doctor elite-ness" so be careful. Look if you walk in after mom has surgery and the first thing you say is, "so what's going on?" you may get a response like "what the heck do you mean what is going on, you are the doctor here."

Posted on August 1st, 2014

Dr Alcantara is the best! I love his bed side manners. He takes his time with you n gives you treatment options and includes you in the conversation. When I was in he hospital for my surgery he even gave me a few more days to stay when I requested it. Both my mom and myself see him. He helped my mom avoid surgery when an another dr wanted to open her up side to side! I would and do refer him to anybody who needs this type of dr!

Outstanding bedside and clinical skills

Posted on August 17th, 2012

I first met Dr. Alcantara when he was referred to me by my primary doctor for surgery consult. He explained everything to me even drawing diagram of the gi system and what he was going to do . He immediately instilled confidence in me with what I was facing before, during and after surgery. As a member of the health care and medical community he is among the top docs who really have a passion for what they do and for their patients care.

Posted on July 27th, 2012

I was referred to Dr. Alcantara by my Internist after having 4 bouts of diverticulitis. He is an amazing doctor. Not only does he understand his specialty and has the ability to diagnose the patient, he has a wonderful bedside manner and great sense of humor. While in the hospital, he spent as much time as I needed. He never rushed off to go see another patient but answered questions and reassured me that things would get better. Now I am all cured and couldn't be better!

Posted on January 16th, 2012

I was referred to Dr. Alcantara by another physician. I was extremely nervous about needing to see a colorectal surgeon and had nightmares about my surgery being put on the YouTube. But from the moment he first introduced himself to me I knew that my fears were unfounded. His sense of humor is amazing (I could hear his robust laugh from the waiting room) - and it helped so much to break the ice of the embarrassing situation of having a sleuth of tests and then surgery on the very parts of my body I myself have never seen.Overall I have had 3 surgeries performed by Dr. Alcantara, all within a few weeks of one another. What I really respect about him (other of course from his surgical expertise) is that he actually listens to me and even allowed me to take part in my own medical decision-making for diagnostic imaging and also treatment. It is so welcoming to me that a doctor is so confident that he will let the patient help in the decision process in her own care. I really love this about him.I know I still have some time on the road to recovery and some follow-up therapy; I am so pleased that I will be able to see (and hear his laugh!) him again.

Posted on December 21st, 2009

I first met Dr. Alcantara at Santa Rosa when I was admitted on an emergency basis for an infection stemming from my diverticulitis. I felt comfortable and at ease the moment we met. It seems like we're old friends. I actually look forward to my follow up visits.Not to mention he's a great surgeon (had to have reconstruction of the colon due to my diverticulitis). On the recovery path.