Dr. Mario Alicandri MD Patient Reviews

• Internal Medicine Staten Island, NY

3.1

April 22nd, 2016
Waste of time
This doctor is unreliable. Period! He never gets back to you when you call the office. Never calls about tests. and forget about it if you are hospitalized this guy will never follow up with you. He refuses to write prescriptions and if he does he won't write it for the correct dosage or amount. Because he is my doctor I had to waste time 2 times with the ER and 7 times to critical care because I received better health care there. Dr. Bianchi is a much better dr. at this practice but he is not accepting new patients at this time.

November 15th, 2015
Santino the doctor
This doctor is a carbon copy of santino marella. He looks confused and never looks at you when speaking to you. I went there for a pain in my foot from an sports injury. He was more concerned with my health insurance company than treating me. Total wate of time this guy.

September 30th, 2015
Won't make eye contact
This Doctor is strange to say the least. I went I him one night when Dr Diblasi was unavable to see me. Desperate I saw this dr. He never looks you in the face. Keeps falling all over himself. Keeps taking calls and texts and for a young man forgets what he's talking about. his diagnosis of my condition was incorrect and when I informed him he told me to see a different doctor. I do not recommend him. he comes off as nice but he is very short with his attitude.

February 14th, 2011
NO MATTER WHAT TIME YOUR APPT IS YOU WAIT 30 MIN OR MORE,THEN YOU GO IN THE TREATMENT ROOM AND WAIT AGAIN. STAFF CARELESS IN POSTING PAYMENTS TO YOUR ACCT

April 12th, 2010
Determined to change my PCP I did some research here on Vitals. I really struck gold when I found Dr Alicandri-he was accepting new patients (most Docs in my plan were not) I was able to get an appt right away.When I arrived for my appt I was given the usual stack of forms to complete,by the time I finished the Dr was ready to see me.During the exam he actually read my answers on the intake forms and asked a lot of pertinenent questions;He spent a lot of time and never seemed to be in a hurry to get to the next patient.In my follow-up visits it was determined that I needed PT ,the Dr asked me for the ph # of the therapist so that he could call to discuss a treatment plan.I told Dr Alicandri that I wanted to post my experience on Vitals but I was afraid if it got out about how caring he was I'd never get another appt on short notice.Obviously I got over my selfish thinking-just today I found out I would be going out of town and needed to see him sooner than planned for a MRI follow up-sure enough there was no problem fitting me in today.Bottom Line if you want a caring doc with a 1st rate education call his office you won't be disapointed.