Surgical Specialist, Orthopaedic Surgeon

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
Temporary Worker/College Student show details Temporary Worker/College Student
by Francine Anderson on Sep 3rd, 2016

I love the way Dr. Bustamente gets straight to the heart of the problem or issue; he is the best at putting you at ease about a serious situation. Being honest and truthful about your condition and treatment plan he offers expert medical advice in a professional manner. The staff at the location I visited was courteous, thoughtful, and efficient. Thank you doctor and staff,

Jun 29th, 2016

The Doctor is knowledgable and efficient. His staff could use a refresher course in customer service. You can hear them talk about their personal lives while people wait 2-3 hours to be seen. Their telephone etiquette needs to improve. Renee is the only one that knows what she is doing,

by Johnny Garcia on Apr 22nd, 2016

I had a torn tendon on my right thumb. Two other doctors toll me it was a bad sprin . I asked my family doctor I want another doctor he said ok. From the start doctor Bustmente said it was a torn and need operation. This I would say ten or so years ago and no problems have come up a more. He even did my daughters knee and no problems this was six years ago.

Feb 10th, 2016

Great surgeon. Takes time to explain procedure and waits for questions. Thank U Dr Bustamante.

by SD on Oct 6th, 2015

Wait time is way too long, 4 hours!!!! Totally ridiculous! I like him, he's a kind man but the wait time is awful!

by thomas on Jul 3rd, 2015

saw him for a left shoulder problem. had surgery, found more than just rotator cuff tear. the biceps was completely ruptured and the labrum was also torn. he repaired them all. sent me to physical therapy there at his downtown office. went to therapy for 4 months. my shoulder completely recovered and is better than ever, much to my golfing buddies dismay as i now hit the ball farther than before. i would highly recommend this doctor. wait times can be long, but well worth it for the splendid results i got from the surgery.

One time patient show details One time patient
by Rick on Jun 24th, 2015

This was the worst mistake I ever made seeing Dr . Bustamante he misdiagnosed my knee trI'd to tell me it was arthritis in my knee when it was torn ligaments I would not recommend anyone to see this quack.. he is so busy talking into his little voice recorder and forgets what he told u the week before stay away from this guy and whatever he tells you get a second opinion.

May 17th, 2015

Waited for over 2 hours with an appointment and when I was called back it was less than 5 minutes to say everything looks good. I refused to go back for a follow up and I am still having issues with my knee.

Don show details Don
May 4th, 2015

Many mistakes...does not think ahead...a simple surgery went wrong in eeryway possible.

Still waiting. show details Still waiting.
Mar 11th, 2015

I understand there is always waiting in a doctor's office but I believe 3 hours is excessive. I think this doctor needs to evaluate over scheduling his patients.

Unbelievably long wait! show details Unbelievably long wait!
Jun 9th, 2014

Had to wait for over 2 hrs. to see the Dr. Appt was at 10:30, didn't get called back until 12:45. No communication from staff about wait time.

bring a book your lunch and your patience show details bring a book your lunch and your patience
by Mr Tired of waiting on May 24th, 2014

They say that the pt always comes first. .well in this case its who ever is on the phone that comes first. I was a 28155 appt and the Dr was on the phone in his office for over 30 before he came in for the exam. Then he spent 6 minutes with my son who was here for a should injury. The staff was great. .the Dr was late. Enough said. Save your co pay an your time. .go see a real Dr who cares more about the practice the tt phone.

Waste of time. show details Waste of time.
Feb 27th, 2013

I waited for 2 hours to see Dr. Bustamante. The X-Rays from Texas Med Clinic had not arrived, so they took new x-rays with their arciach equipment. At Tex-Med you could clearly see a break, with his equipment, there was nothing. When I pointed out where it was I was rudely told to sit down and was told that he did not see anything. He spent less than five minutes with me, and did not have time to anwere any of my questions or concerns.

hip replacement show details hip replacement
Aug 23rd, 2012

I must say that this doctor knows what he is doing. My father was misdiagnosed three times until an mri revealed his problem to be AVN. Dr. Bustamante was quick in getting my father in the OR and doing his thing. The hip replacement was the best thing that happened to my father after suffering for 9 long months. Dr. Bustamante did a great job in this surgery and my father is back to normal. I recommend this doctor for any problem you may have with your hip.