Internists, Geriatric Specialist (elderly care)
Video profile
Port Charlotte
17912 Toledo Blade Blvd
Suite A
Port Charlotte, FL 33948
941-766-1001
Locations and availability (3)

3.0

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
 |  Review from Nurse's perspective  |  show details
Jun 27th, 2012

I am writing this review of Dr. Carbonell from the perspective of a critical care RN not a patient. Dr. Carbonell is the most respectful, prompt, thorough and caring physician that I have worked with while employed in this area. I have found his work to be above the norm, and will soon be transferring myself to his service as a patient. I would have no reservations whatsoever in having Dr. Carbonell care for each and everyone of my loved ones.

|  show details
May 14th, 2012

Best decision I ever made was to visit this guy. Referred several friends and neighbors to his office. Very thorough. Staff will go out of their way to help. Single doctor in private office. No meat market here!

|  show details
Aug 22nd, 2011

This guy is the greatest. Explains in laymans terms and answers all questions. I will highly recommend him.

|  retired educator  |  show details
Mar 15th, 2011

Very good doctor. As an elderly person, I have multiple issues; he was very knowledgeable and patient. Staff were very friendly and organized. Office is beautiful.

|  Absolutely unacceptable as a Physician  |  show details
by Shaun Costello on Jul 29th, 2010

Just awful. My mother was a patient of Doctor Carbonell for seven years, during which time it was the opinion of myself and my sisters that he over prescribed and overtested. During the month of August, 2008, during a physical examination of my mother in his office, Dr Corbonell had an EKG performed by one of his assitants. He misread the EKG, thought my mother was having a heart attack, panicked, and had her admitted to Fawcett Hospital. The next day my mother's Cardiologist, having seen the test results of the EKG, could not understand why my mother was in the hospital, since Dr Carbonell's EKG was relatively normal. It was then about 11AM. I then called Dr Carbonell's office to begin the process of having her discharged from Fawcett Hospital. I was told that Dr Carbonell was busy giving stress tests and could not deal with my mother's discharge from the hospital until after the close of business hours. I told his receptionist that the discharge could be accomplished with a phone call and my mother, who was 89 years old and uncomfortable in hospital surroundings, wanted to go home. His receptionist told me that there was nothing she could do. I then drove over to Dr Carbonell's office and was told that Dr Carbonell was not there, and that there was nothing they could do to begin the discharge process. Dr Carbonell arrived at Fawcett Hospital approximately 7:30PM, eight and one half hours after he had been asked to discharge my mother from a hospital to which she should never had been admitted. An ugly verbal argument took place between myself and Dr Carbonell who, instead of admitting his mistake, became defensive and accusatory, and made several insulting remarks to me. He then disappeared down the hospital corridor. When my mother was finally discharged, at approximately 10:30 PM, I was told by the discharging nurse that Dr Corbonell insisted that every doctor who had seen my mother during her stay at Fawcett Hospital had to sign off on her discharge. Dr Caobonell obviously did this out of spite and, in so doing, added three more hours to the discomfort of an 89 year old woman, who never should have been hospitalized to begin with. Subsequently I filed a grievance with the Department of Health of the State of Florida regarding Dr Corbonell's behavior during this indident. I write of this incident with the hope that in so doing, I will perhaps persuade prospective patients from engaging the services of, in my opinion, a disreputable Physician, and dishonorable man.