Dr. Mario Carbonell Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Mario Carbonell?

• Good
  • Bad
  • Good
  • Bad

July 10th, 2017

Incompetance reaches a new level.

A totally incompetent physician. My mother was a patient of Doctor Carbonell for seven years, during which time it was the opinion of myself and my sisters that he over prescribed and overtested. In the month of August, 2008, during a physical examination of my mother in his office, Dr Carbonell had an EKG performed by one of his assistants. He misread the EKG, thought my mother was having a heart attack, panicked, and had her admitted to Fawcett Hospital. The next day my mother's Cardiologist, having seen the test results of the EKG, could not understand why my mother was in the hospital, since the EKG was relatively normal. It was then about 11AM. I then called Dr Carbonell's office to begin the process of having her discharged from Fawcett Hospital. I was told that Dr Carbonell was busy giving stress tests and could not deal with my mother's discharge from the hospital until after the close of business hours. I told his receptionist that the discharge could be accomplished with a phone call and my mother, who was 89 years old and uncomfortable in hospital surroundings, wanted to go home. His receptionist told me that there was nothing she could do. I then drove over to Dr Carbonell's office and was told that Dr Carbonell was not there, and that there was nothing they could do to begin the discharge process. Dr Carbonell arrived at Fawcett Hospital approximately 7:30PM, eight and one half hours after he had been asked to discharge my mother from a hospital to which she should never had been admitted. An ugly verbal argument took place between myself and Dr Carbonell who, instead of admitting his mistake, became defensive and accusatory, and made several insulting remarks to me. He then disappeared down the hospital corridor. When my mother was finally discharged, at approximately 10:30 PM, I was told by the discharging nurse that Dr Corbonell insisted that every doctor who had seen my mother during her stay at Fawcett Hospital had to sign off on her discharge. Dr Carbonell obviously did this out of spite and, in so doing, added three more hours to the discomfort of an 89 year old woman, who never should have been hospitalized to begin with. Subsequently I filed a grievance with the Department of Health of the State of Florida regarding Dr Corbonell's behavior during this incident. I write this with the hope that in so doing, I will perhaps persuade prospective patients from engaging the services of, in my opinion, a disreputable Physician, and dishonorable man.

May 2nd, 2017

Hometown Style Family Doctor

Very friendly and welcoming staff. They all appear to be content and happy working there, and together. Dr. Carbonell is takes the time to go through your chart with you. Explaining anything that you might need additional information on. He's easy to talk to about any concerns you may have. Kind of like a friend you've known for years. Tells it like it is, mixed with a bit of humor which is a fresh breath of air considering other local doctors I've encountered. I do highly recommend Dr. Carbonell to my family & friends.

October 19th, 2016

Good doctor

A honest and helpful doctor with a very caring staff. Easy to see and talk with about health issues. I wish I had met him earlier.

April 26th, 2016

AWSOME DR.

He is awsome. He is always right with he diagnosis the first time. Great sense of humor. Takes his time with us never in a rush. Debbie his nurse is the best.

June 27th, 2012

Review from Nurse's perspective

I am writing this review of Dr. Carbonell from the perspective of a critical care RN not a patient. Dr. Carbonell is the most respectful, prompt, thorough and caring physician that I have worked with while employed in this area. I have found his work to be above the norm, and will soon be transferring myself to his service as a patient. I would have no reservations whatsoever in having Dr. Carbonell care for each and everyone of my loved ones.

May 14th, 2012

Best decision I ever made was to visit this guy. Referred several friends and neighbors to his office. Very thorough. Staff will go out of their way to help. Single doctor in private office. No meat market here!

August 22nd, 2011

This guy is the greatest. Explains in laymans terms and answers all questions. I will highly recommend him.

March 15th, 2011

retired educator

Very good doctor. As an elderly person, I have multiple issues; he was very knowledgeable and patient. Staff were very friendly and organized. Office is beautiful.

July 13th, 2017