Internists, Gastroenterologist (digestive)
5505 Peachtree Dunwoody Rd NE
Suite 650
Atlanta, GA 30342
404-459-9340
Locations and availability (4)

3.0

Some ratings provided by DrScore. Kudzu.
 |  Terrible Staff, Nice Doctor  |  show details
by Anne S on Jun 2nd, 2014

Dr. Ravry is a very nice man and doctor. However, his office is the most poorly run doctors office I have ever come across. I have only been in as a new patient and for a procedure and can't seem to get help as an existing patient. I have been hung up on, transferred and hung up on, transferred to the after hours answering service DURING business hours, called back by the wrong nurse, called to book an appt and the system was down, etc. I have been trying to schedule my yearly follow-up visit for 3 weeks now. I leave messages and no one responds or they just can't get it together. It took me 8 calls to finally get someone today who was not polite, so I didn't make an appointment and I am going to look for a new gastroenterologist tonight.

|  easily best dr ever had  |  show details
by Nick on Nov 9th, 2013

After going through [heck] dealing with the Emory clinic by my apartment, finding Dr. Ravry was that much more of a relief. He listened to every word I said, had an answer for everything (and explained it in detail)- even the most random questions that I tend to ask, as much out of curiosity as medical necessity; I almost felt guilty for how much time he spent with me, like I was keeping him from other patients or something. But that's just how they operate. My mother-in-law referenced him, she said he and his father practice the way doctors USED to practice- taking care of people. I've suffered from IBS for like 15 years, I see this guy once and he suggests a medicine that'll reduce my bad cholesterol and control my IBS- I assumed it must be brand new cause no doctor had ever mentioned it. Nope, been out at least a decade. And the ladies on the phone and at the front desk were just really nice people (you know the kind)- pleasant to talk to, not angry you're calling them. I love this practice even more than I hate the Dunwoody Emory clinic.

|  Rude unflexible office staff  |  show details
Mar 28th, 2012

Good Doctor ...horrible ofice staff, inflexible and have an attitude ltotal lack of concern or display theirincompetence when asked to do simple things like mail a copy of test results.Been waiting for three months to hear about and have test results mailed. staff is completely a waste. after hours people won't accept or leave a message for the doctor... why they heck even have them answer the phone!

|  Wonderful Doctor  |  show details
by fcrosby on Jul 1st, 2009 on kudzu.com

Dr. Ravry could be Marcus Welby reincarnated. He is a wonderful, thorough Physician and Internist. Yes, he is busy and wait times can be long, so bring a book. He asks questions and really gets to know a patient. Having a physician who really knows you will save you a lot of time, aggravation and perhaps heartache for the future.

|  THIS DOCTOR IS GOOD!!!!! ACKNOWLEDGED IN MUCH!!!!!  |  show details
by DEBRA J. ELLIOTT on Nov 18th, 2008

BEEN MY GASTROENTEROLOGIST FOR SEVENTEEN YEARS! Lithia Springs, GA 30122 Tuesday, November 18, 2008 at 6:18 p.m. EST

|  It's 2008, not 1988!  |  show details
by tolli on Aug 7th, 2008 on kudzu.com

The little I have talked to the doctor himself, he seems to be an OK guy - but this office - their staff, procedures and technology - man, it's like going back to 1988! They are so slow and inefficient - I wouldn't be surprised there are more typewriters there than computers. I got an x-ray ordered there more than 48 hours ago, and still haven't heard from them, even after complaining about it today! (And i'm in pain!) Well... i'm going somewhere else after this nonsense.

|  Thorough, knowledgeable and great manners  |  show details
by abetterbrain on Jun 3rd, 2008 on kudzu.com

On my first visit to the office I listened quietly as three older women ranted and raved about Dr. Ravry's expertise and their positive experiences with him. Upon meeting him, I was very impressed at how he actually went through my entire "new patient" information and asked many questions. He took the time to explain a lot of things and provided options to where I wanted a minor procedure performed. I am confident that he will find out what has been my problem for more than 3 years and after numerous doctor visits and filled prescriptions. He is gentle, kind and very professional. Primary complaint: Hard to get office personnel to return calls for setting up additional tests.

|  You decide  |  show details
by cmoguer on Apr 12th, 2008 on kudzu.com

I have visited this Dr. (the Sr - since his son also practices) three times. The office staff although nice, are awfully inefficient and expect 2-3 hour visits, despite having appointments. The lab work results has been "lost in the mail" two of the three times. Right. I'm surprised they are still in business. Another time, I noticed the social security number they associated with my blood work was that of my wife - on the blood work. Good grief. When I mentioned that to him, he said it was no problem. I'm sure it isn't to him. The kicker? - I've been trying to get my mom off using a lot of oil while cooking - so with her in the room, I asked him to share advice with my mom about excessive use of of olive oil. My argument was that it was fattening and not healthy. His response? Olive oil is NOT fattening! A doctor that says oil is not fattening? Obviously he no knows little nutrition and he's practicing medicine?. If these antics are ok with you - give him a try. I moved on and actually have a doctor that is in the 20th century - imagine that.