A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Mario Leitao:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Mario Leitao, Obstetrician & Gynecologist is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. Mario Leitao, MD, FACOG is board certified in Obstetrics & Gynecology and Gynecologic Oncology.
- He has special expertise in 17 areas:
- Cancer Prevention
- Co-morbid Disorders
- Female Genital Cancer
- Fertility preservation in women with gynecologic cancers
- Gynecology Oncologybstetrics & Gynecology
- Local Neoplasm Recurrence
- Minimally invasive procedures (including robotics) for patients with gynecologic malignancies and other complex benign gynecologic conditions; fertility-sparing radical trachelectomy using minimally invasive surgery or robotics; uterine sarcomas; other gynecologic malignancies
- Ovarian Cancer
- Robotic surgery
- Smooth Muscle Cancer Leiomyosarcoma
- Tumor BiologyMolecular BiologyGrowth FactorsCytokines
- Uterine Cancer
- Uterine Cancer Endometrial Neoplasm
- Uterine Cancer Endometrial Stromal Sarcoma
- Uterine Cancer Uterine Cervical Neoplasm
- Uterine sarcoma
Education & Awards
Dr. Leitao graduated from UMDNJ Robert Wood Johnson, Piscataway. He has 2 awards.
Dr. Leitao has 4 hospital affiliations:
- Memorial Sloan-Kettering
- Umdnj University Hospital
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Mario Mendes Leitao MD and FACOG is a male Obstetrician & Gynecologist, has 14 years of experience and practices in Obstetrics & Gynecology and Gynecologic Oncology.
- Where does Dr. Mario M. Leitao practice?
- Dr. Mario Leitao has 1 office location.
Dr. Mario Leitao practices Obstetrics & Gynecology and Gynecologic Oncology near Basking Ridge, NJ.
See Basking Ridge Obstetricians & Gynecologists.